Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New attack leaks sensitive data from all AMD Zen CPUs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New attack leaks sensitive data from all AMD Zen CPUs

Comments

• goodnesss

• :P

• cxgcxg Member

With all the recent news about security vulnerabilities in Intel and AMD CPUs, I'd recommend everyone grab an Oracle Free Tier ARM VPS B)

• ArkasArkas Moderator

:neutral:

• @cxg_pxpzaf12jfhr said:
    With all the recent news about security vulnerabilities in Intel and AMD CPUs, I'd recommend everyone grab an Oracle Free Tier ARM VPS B)

It’s as easy as (a) (b) (c)

• suutsuut Member

AMD Inception & Zenbleed VS Intel Downfall

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited August 2023

@suut said: Inception & Zenbleed VS Intel Downfall

They all sound like James Bond movie titles.

• qebaqeba Member

RIP, Zenbleed still not finish patching, then new attack

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

I'm beginning to wonder whether the real race between AMD and intel is who has the most critical vulnerabilities not yet discovered.

On a more serious note: We, the customers are in a way guilty, too. Why? Because most of the problems are the result of a situation (at least co-) created by us: "We want more performance! More! Faster!".
    Both being large corporations the outcome was predictable: hastened development, too little reflection, too little math, too little testing (beyond "does the chip meet the spec?"). Plus of course doing it as cheaply as possible; after all AMD and intel do not exist to make customers happy but to generate profit for the shareholders ...

Thanked by 2MrLime PineappleM