Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Issues with iHostART
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Issues with iHostART

It seems that iHostArt's servers and client area are down: https://panel.ihostart.com/register.php
Anyone have an idea what happened?

Thanked by 1JasonM

Comments

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

Maintenance?

• yeah my VPN seems down :/

• Thanked by 2ariq01 bdl
  • CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Hello , inverter fault we back right now to back all online , very sorry for this

Regards,
    Calin

• I received a message via Telegram: It appears to be a power outage.

• @Calin Thanks for bringing the server online that fast.

• Yes, same. my vps is always having problems. in 1 month I can't access my VPS several times.
    this work keeps repeating.

• davidedavide Member
    edited August 2023

My UPS is 20 years old, I replaced diodes and transistors 4 or 5 times in it. Repair used to be convenient when an average/good UPS sold for $150 some years ago, now they sell for $15 on ebay w/o batteries. I use two cheap car batteries in mine that I bought at a junk yard.

• @davide said:
    My UPS is 20 years old, I replaced diodes and transistors 4 or 5 times in it. Repair used to be convenient when an average/good UPS sold for $150 some years ago, now they sell for $15 on ebay w/o batteries. I use two cheap car batteries in mine that I bought at a junk yard.

my UPS is just batteries and a diode... that's it lol
    works great so far

Thanked by 1PineappleM
  • @DeadlyChemist picture required!

Here's mine, I think those are two 45 Ah batteries.

https://imgur.com/a/eVjwp8g

• @davide said:
    @DeadlyChemist picture required!

what type of wire you using to attach those battery's. i'v been meaning to attach some old battery i have laying around to one of my ups's

• It's regular wire for house wiring, rated at about 25A. The box at the front contains some diodes to drop the recharge voltage down to FLA voltage, which is lower than that of AGM batteries typically used in UPS'es. This UPS has a current limiter of 1A in the charger; make sure yours has a limiter too.

Thanked by 1babywhale
  • @babywhale said:

@davide said:
    @DeadlyChemist picture required!

what type of wire you using to attach those battery's. i'v been meaning to attach some old battery i have laying around to one of my ups's

Speaker cable... i'll make a post once i get last part/s from Temu

• emghemgh Member

@DeadlyChemist said:

@davide said:

works great so far

I don’t have one and haven’t had a power outage for as long as I can remember

• @DeadlyChemist said:
    Speaker cable... i'll make a post once i get last part/s from Temu

I'm curious if Calin is also running some redneck UPS wired to his car engine bay or something. B)

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@davide said: I'm curious if Calin is also running some redneck UPS wired to his car engine bay or something.

>

NO, electricity was the only thing I invested serious money in, when I had wooden racks I had some small incidents of fire and since then I have vowed I will never do such a thing again

We have batteries from original UPSs, here was a little scam because we found UPS at a very cheap price and the batteries were more expensive, besides we have separate fuse on each socket

We respect overloaded cable and socket have 20 AMp , and PDU have 16 AMp , 4 AMp free so as not to be overloaded

We have inverter to keep the current constant at 360v and after to go into sockets at 220v (In my city voltage it's not constant)

And lot of other things , so , electricity is the one thing we have invested heavily in

Regards,
    Calin

Thanked by 1davide
  • @Calin said:
    We have batteries from original UPSs, here was a little scam because we found UPS at a very cheap price and the batteries were more expensive, besides we have separate fuse on each socket

That's true, the batteries have become more expensive than an UPS nowadays. But there's a great abundance of good quality second-hand car batteries piling up in junk yards, which are largely ignored as buyers don't know about this, and instead they end up being recycled.

I bought my 45 Ah batteries for 10€ each 4 years ago, they are still running my UPS. Being oversized reduces wear and extends longevity, but these are not deep cycle batteries so I only use my UPS to protect against transient flickers and short interruptions up to max 5 minutes, and then a proper shutdown is called to protect databases, filesystems and RAID. It has worked very well and cheaply so far.

• @emgh said:

@DeadlyChemist said:

@davide said:

works great so far

I don’t have one and haven’t had a power outage for as long as I can remember

me neither, had 1 in 1 year (all time i leave here)
    but sometimes i need to pop the breaker to work on some stuff, or well, i can also use solar power to charge the battery :)

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @Anthony2016 said:
    It seems that iHostArt's servers and client area are down: https://panel.ihostart.com/register.php
    Anyone have an idea what happened?

Flooded basement. What else?

• finally, y'alls vps's are down so I can get decent network for once 😎

Hosted by BOCU.ro (Brasov) [1676.99 km]: 30.419 ms
    Testing download speed................................................................................
    Download: 452.17 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed......................................................................................................
    Upload: 161.62 Mbit/s

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @babywhale said:
    @DeadlyChemist @davide

Got my new UPS all hooked up :smiley:

https://imgur.com/a/ciAHJgq

mine looks worse... also my "server" has well... a "feature" so i'm also running a breadboard on top of it to hack it

• davidedavide Member
    edited August 2023

That looks decent @babywhale, are you using two 10Ah batteries instead of two 7Ah?

@DeadlyChemist what feature lol? Mine doesn't turn on after a power off unless I press on the CPU sockets. It's weird but then it works fine...

• @davide said:
    That looks decent @babywhale, are you using two 10Ah batteries instead of two 7Ah?

so its two 15ah batterys at 12v each, the ups wont even work if you have anything less then 24v so hopefully i wont have any issues with it.

• @DeadlyChemist what feature lol? Mine doesn't turn on after a power off unless I press on the CPU sockets. It's weird but then it works fine...

i just have in the motherboard settings to always turn on when its getting power so the power switch is the power button lol i also have a script i made that ping cloudflare dns and will shutdown the server if it cant reach it for over 4-5 mins

• @davide said:

@DeadlyChemist what feature lol? Mine doesn't turn on after a power off unless I press on the CPU sockets. It's weird but then it works fine...

mine runs of 0.79ghz if the PSU is not genuine dell... to you know... make sure it can provide the wattage.... 60$.....fuck no

Thanked by 1PineappleM
  • davidedavide Member
    edited August 2023

@DeadlyChemist said:
    mine runs of 0.79ghz if the PSU is not genuine dell... to you know... make sure it can provide the wattage.... 60$.....fuck no

My Supermicro motherboard has an EATX receptacle for the power supply, but I stuffed it with a regular ATX power supply with a bridge wired across two 12V rails on the motherboard to make it work. I saved about 30€ with this trivial trick. This incompatibility is mostly an excuse to siphon more money out of server customers.

How do you trick your motherboard to believe it has a genuine Dell PSU?

Thanked by 1PineappleM
  • @davide said:

@DeadlyChemist said:

My Supermicro motherboard has an EATX receptacle for the power supply, but I stuffed it with a regular ATX power supply with a bridge wired across two 12V rails on the motherboard to make it work. I saved about 30€ with this trivial trick. This incompatibility is mostly an excuse to siphon more money out of server customers.

How do you trick your motherboard to believe it has a genuine Dell PSU?

https://github.com/KivApple/dell-charger-emulator

pain in the ass

• davidedavide Member
    edited August 2023

@DeadlyChemist that's a cool hack but a fucking nuisance to have to resort to it. The ID feature in power supplies is halfway useful and halfway an excuse to reduce the availability of off-brand compatible parts. I also do AVR stuff check it out! It turns a regular dumb ceiling fan into a smart and programmable one :o

Thanked by 1DeadlyChemist
  • @davide said:
    @DeadlyChemist that's a cool hack but a fucking nuisance to have to resort to it. The ID feature in power supplies is halfway useful and halfway an excuse to reduce the availability of off-brand compatible parts. I also do AVR stuff check it out! It turns a regular dumb ceiling fan into a smart and programmable one :o

i'd say it's DELL beeing greedy bastards, nothing else
    waiting for my TEMU order, will send pics once it's deployed
    the hard drive and server will be AC/Battery/Solar powered, found a pretty cool and stupidly easy way of doing it

Thanked by 2Calin babywhale