Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenCloud delete my server unreasonably!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenCloud delete my server unreasonably!

They said I was being CPU abuse, but I look my monitor which is less than 20%.

This is my monitor:

This is email from greencloud:

img

They delete my server:
img

And the link in email

https://prnt.sc/dkeGjTz2YOhW

Comments

• Here we go!

• Suspended is not the same as deleted?
    Have you tried to contact support, explain things, ask some questions?

Tagging @NDTN as he probably would like to be tagged :D

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Your VPS is suspended, not deleted. Constantly consuming more than 200% CPU is definitely not allowed.
    Multiple warning have been given in the past few weeks: https://prnt.sc/cvNHO5sb_wdT
    You will need to contact our support and resolve the issue to avoid the permanently suspension.

• Your CPU monitoring interval seems to be 15 seconds. Can we take a look at 1 hour or 1 day instead?

Thanked by 2sillycat blogming
  • You are the one who trying to hide things.

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • sigh..

• comXyzcomXyz Member
    edited August 2023

Choose a provider that their AUP fits your needs.

Once I thought I can't live without Hetzner, but now I have around 100 servers, none from Hetzner

Thanked by 1rayhope
  • tentortentor Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2023

@NDTN said: Constantly consuming more than 200% CPU is definitely not allowed.

I think you should mention at your website what load is considered acceptable to distract such customers from ordering VPS plans without dedicated cores.

• darkimmortaldarkimmortal Member
    edited August 2023

We have the provider’s screenshot of CPU time (66h in case it gets deleted), so now the OP can provide the proof of startup time from the VPS control panel. If it’s more than a couple of weeks ago then provider is trying it on

• @comXyz said:

Once I thought I can't live without Hetzner, but now I have around 100 servers, none from Hetzner

Wow, can you share how you manage them? I only have 8 servers, but it's giving me a headache.

• @tentor said:

@NDTN said: Constantly consuming more than 200% CPU is definitely not allowed.

I think you should mention at your website what load is considered acceptable to distract such customers from ordering VPS plans without dedicated cores.

Well yeah, but I think 200% on a storage VPS is pretty obviously excessive, no?

@ahnlak said:

Sure, no doubt, my point that it is better to make this limitation clear. Just to prevent customer's shock :smiley:

• you are lier

• @tentor said:

@ahnlak said:

Sure, no doubt, my point that it is better to make this limitation clear. Just to prevent customer's shock :smiley:

Here's the "General" TOS

CPU Usage
    CPU cores on KVM VPS are shared among multiple VPSs. If your VPS is consistently maxing out one full core or more and impacting the performance of other client servers sharing the same host node, we may ask you to reduce your usage. Disruptive load may result in a reboot, shutdown, and/or suspension of the VPS regardless of the time lapse involved. 30% Average Usage should be fine. You can burst up to 100% for 10 minutes, every 24 hours.

The term "Should be fine" shouldn't be included in a TOS as it's subjective. You're spot on with that.

However the "You can burst up to 100% for 10 minutes, every 24 hours" and the "disruptive load policy" is clear.

OP only posted a few hours worth of logs and the provider only provided screenshots of what I assume log showing abuse three times but no graphs or time frames.

More information is needed for anyone to make a reasonable decision about what happened.

@Don_Keedic, I totally agree with you.

However, as of my experience, the most customers are too lazy to read ToS (unfortunately), thus I think that mentioning key points of Fair Use Policy should be made at the tariff plan description too.

This might negatively impact marketing though, but will prevent lots of angry shocked customers.

• LeviLevi Member

@NDTN your signature contain invalid link. If project is managed with same atitude - one more provider to avoid off.

• @tentor said:
    @Don_Keedic, I totally agree with you.

However, as of my experience, most customers are too lazy to read ToS (unfortunately), thus I think that mentioning key points of the Fair Use Policy should be made in the tariff plan description too.

This might negatively impact marketing though but will prevent lots of angry shocked customers.

Agree, every provider should mention the % and for how long a user is allowed to burst the CPU to 100% on the product description page, as per my experience with LET providers so far they don't suspend your service unless you are creating trouble for other users or your usage is really high for hours.

• @comXyz said: Once I thought I can't live without Hetzner, but now I have around 100 servers, none from Hetzner

What made you move away from Hetzner?

• @sillycat said:

@comXyz said: Once I thought I can't live without Hetzner, but now I have around 100 servers, none from Hetzner

What made you move away from Hetzner?

unbelievable IP setup cost, false advertisement

• Why are most of these complaints of customers completely unjustified? You wanna use CPU all the time? Make sure your cores are completely dedicated or get a dedcated server.

• SwiftnodeSwiftnode Member, Host Rep

@LTniger said:
    @NDTN your signature contain invalid link. If project is managed with same atitude - one more provider to avoid off.

Is this supposed to be a joke? They redid their website this year, seems to be a simple mistake that they didn't update the link in their forum signature.

If you write off every provider who has ever had a link 404, good luck finding any provider.

• Is more than 200% possible?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@nobizzle said:
    Why are most of these complaints of customers completely unjustified? You wanna use CPU all the time? Make sure your cores are completely dedicated or get a dedcated server.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • @Carlin0 said: Is more than 200% possible?

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • Still no proof of "200%" CPU usage, at the moment I would give benefit of the doubt to OP based on provided evidence of 66 hours CPU time over presumably a 10 week period, which would be ~4%

But we won't know for sure until we see the startup time to prove the KVM process has indeed been up for 10 weeks

• just be a good boy for now on

• sonicsonic Veteran

@Swiftnode said:

@LTniger said:

Is this supposed to be a joke? They redid their website this year, seems to be a simple mistake that they didn't update the link in their forum signature.

If you write off every provider who has ever had a link 404, good luck finding any provider.

I guess GVH doesnt want to have a client like him.

• LeviLevi Member

@NDTN your signature contain invalid link. If project is managed with same atitude - one more provider to avoid off.> @Swiftnode said:

@LTniger said:

Official company representatives should do their job and keep communication up to date. Lack of attention indicates ignorance. This is how low end roles - highest standards possible.

Now, how about that proof of 200% usage?

• @dev077 said:

@comXyz said:

Wow, can you share how you manage them? I only have 8 servers, but it's giving me a headache.

How you are managing all this servers?