Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AWS offering ARM instances for free..
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AWS offering ARM instances for free..

The free tier page lists t4g.small instance(2C2G) in the free tier. Got it confirmed from the support! Free for 12 months!

Thanked by 1PandaRain

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
  • @Neoon said:
    They surely will cost you an arm and a leg if you exceed that 50GB of traffic.

or arm and leg after 12 months...

im on oracle "paid" tier and i can't complain, my bills are usually 2 cents a month

• LeviLevi Member

Term "free" means you are free tester of their beta service.

• Not free for 12 months: https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/faqs/

Q: At the end of the free trial, how will customers be billed for t4g.small instances?

Starting January 1, 2024, customers running on t4g.small instances will be automatically switched from the free trial plan to the On-Demand pricing plan

• @CyberneticTitan said:
    Not free for 12 months: https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/faqs/

Q: At the end of the free trial, how will customers be billed for t4g.small instances?

Starting January 1, 2024, customers running on t4g.small instances will be automatically switched from the free trial plan to the On-Demand pricing plan

I specifically asked for this with support, the representative said it's for 12months.

• @Neoon said:

@Neoon said:

100GB*, and it's more than enough for sites with low to medium traffic.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@niranjan said:

@Neoon said:

@Neoon said:

100GB*, and it's more than enough for sites with low to medium traffic.

I consistently run out of traffic on my 5€/y box with 150GB Traffic.
    Depending on how fucked up the network setup from the VPS provider is, you may burn 2-5GB just for some random package spam.

It isn't that much.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

anyone ran a yabs?

• @niranjan said: I specifically asked for this with support, the representative said it's for 12months.

They also gave me coordinates to the end of the rainbow so I can find the pot of gold.

Just because a CSR gives you information does not mean its always 100% accurate.

• @CyberneticTitan said:

If you check that page in web.archive.org, you will know what has actually happened.

Oh by the way, AWS is charging for IPv4 address, so...

• Oracle ARM >>>

Thanked by 1Otus9051
  • _MS__MS_ Member

• @DeadlyChemist said:

@Neoon said:

im on oracle "paid" tier and i can't complain, my bills are usually 2 cents a month

What product you use from oracle? Cant find a vps at their site which will cost me a very low amount

• @gbzret4d said:

@DeadlyChemist said:

@Neoon said:

What product you use from oracle? Cant find a vps at their site which will cost me a very low amount

oracle free tier, 24gb ram, 4x arm64

Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@FrankRuan said: Oh by the way, AWS is charging for IPv4 address, so...

"The AWS Free Tier for EC2 will include 750 hours of public IPv4 address usage per month for the first 12 months, effective February 1, 2024."

https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/new-aws-public-ipv4-address-charge-public-ip-insights/

• I always ended up paying something for the AWS "free" stuff. In the context of Amazon, "free" should always be in double quotes.

• @davide said:
    I always ended up paying something for the AWS "free" stuff. In the context of Amazon, "free" should always be in double quotes.

I have never been billed as long as I am in the free tier.. initial 12 months or otherwise

What are you doing to incurr a charge?

• @davide said:
    I always ended up paying something for the AWS "free" stuff. In the context of Amazon, "free" should always be in double quotes.

You need to play smart with AWS. Always check daily, setup alarms. In my case, AWS emails me if 85% of free tier is consumed so I am always known ahead of time when to pull out.

• coldcold Member

@niranjan said:

@CyberneticTitan said:

I specifically asked for this with support, the representative said it's for 12months.

well it depends how you count...or if you can count....

• @davide said:

Check the free tier page before using/creating new service.

• @listerine90 said:

@davide said:

I am always known ahead of time when to pull out.

That's what they all say, buddy.

Thanked by 1niranjan
  • mwtmwt Member

@davide said:

Lambda functions are pretty safely free.

• I have never used any provider paid by credit card and never used such free vps. Only will use those paid by paypal and other payment method.
    Much safe for your money,haha.

• @tommyluo said:
    I have never used any provider paid by credit card and never used such free vps. Only will use those paid by paypal and other payment method.

i use debit with 3D secure, then i turn off international transactions
    bill me if you can

• So nobody lost a kidney so far. This is quite unexpected and most peculiar with AWS.

• niranjanniranjan Member
    edited August 2023

@Otus9051 said:

@tommyluo said:
    I have never used any provider paid by credit card and never used such free vps. Only will use those paid by paypal and other payment method.

bill me if you can

LoL, no need anymore. AWS doesn't store Card details anymore, atleast in India. You have enter the info every time you have to pay any bills!

• @niranjan said:

@Otus9051 said:

@tommyluo said:

bill me if you can

LoL, no need anymore. AWS doesn't store Card details anymore, atleast in India. You have enter the info every time you have to pay any bills!

yay more abuse

• @Otus9051 said:

@niranjan said:

@Otus9051 said:

@tommyluo said:

bill me if you can

yay more abuse

xD