Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need KVM NVMe VPS in Sydney, AU
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need KVM NVMe VPS in Sydney, AU

Budget $40/month

thanks.

Comments

• Might also help what specs you are requiring too

• thanks, Do you have Yet-Another-Bench-Script test?

• HostHatch maybe?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited August 2023
    Thanked by 1QuantumCore
  • @tiendungdev said:

thanks, Do you have Yet-Another-Bench-Script test?

What specs? Ill run one for oyu.

• GravelyGravely Member
    edited August 2023

@DP said:

Have added the upstream provider to @DP s list :)

• @hyena56 said:
    HostHatch maybe?

Thank you, I don't appreciate HostHatch

• tiendungdevtiendungdev Member
    edited August 2023

@DP said:

Thank you bro. ExtraVM out of stock, I am researching webhosting24, has anyone used it through webhosting24 yet?

• sh97sh97 Member

Try reaching out to @Cloudie or @Zappie , they have AU location.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2023

@tiendungdev said:

@DP said:

Thank you bro. ExtraVM out of stock, I am researching webhosting24, has anyone used it through webhosting24 yet?

I have space, just don't really sell Sydney anymore as it's on the OVH network which I don't use anymore. I plan to move that location in the future (likely next year) to another network and better hardware. If you do want to order, just message me, but it's not a cheaper option.

Thanked by 1tiendungdev
  • @tiendungdev said:

thanks, Do you have Yet-Another-Bench-Script test?

There ya go cobba, thats $39 AUD/month at https://Binarylane.com.au

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2023-04-23                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Tue Aug  1 21:39:51 AEST 2023

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 16 minutes
    Processor  : Common KVM Processor v2.0
    CPU cores  : 4 @ 2850.000 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 9.7 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 98.2 GiB
    Distro     : Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
    Kernel     : 5.15.0-71-generic
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ❌ Offline

IPv4 Network Information:
    ISP        : Mammoth Media Pty Ltd
    ASN        : AS133159 Mammoth Media Pty Ltd
    Host       : Mammoth Media Pty Ltd
    Location   : Sydney, New South Wales (NSW)
    Country    : Australia

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 229.27 MB/s  (57.3k) | 472.58 MB/s   (7.3k)
    Write      | 229.87 MB/s  (57.4k) | 475.06 MB/s   (7.4k)
    Total      | 459.14 MB/s (114.7k) | 947.65 MB/s  (14.8k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 704.68 MB/s   (1.3k) | 1.07 GB/s     (1.0k)
    Write      | 741.87 MB/s   (1.4k) | 1.14 GB/s     (1.1k)
    Total      | 1.44 GB/s     (2.8k) | 2.21 GB/s     (2.1k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping           
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----           
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 86.8 Mbits/sec  | 213 Mbits/sec   | 246 ms         
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 180 Mbits/sec   | 460 Mbits/sec   | 260 ms         
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | busy            | 494 Mbits/sec   | 248 ms         
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 114 Mbits/sec   | 341 Mbits/sec   | 272 ms         
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 177 Mbits/sec   | busy            | 216 ms         
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 132 Mbits/sec   | 323 Mbits/sec   | 179 ms         
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 170 Mbits/sec   | 614 Mbits/sec   | 148 ms         

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 922                           
    Multi Core      | 3011                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/2112046

Thanked by 1tiendungdev
  • @tiendungdev said:

@hyena56 said:
    HostHatch maybe?

Thank you, I don't appreciate HostHatch

Just curious, why not? I run several sites and services on a HostHatch VM in Australia and they're fine.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • alt_alt_ Member
    edited August 2023

Have you check out Vultr?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Gravely said:

@DP said:

Have added the upstream provider to @DP s list :)

Good looking list! ;)

Thanked by 1QuantumCore
  • @MikeA said:
    I have space, just don't really sell Sydney anymore as it's on the OVH network which I don't use anymore. I plan to move that location in the future (likely next year) to another network and better hardware. If you do want to order, just message me, but it's not a cheaper option.

Is there something particularly bad about the OVH network?

• @alt_ said:

After comparing the network and VPS configuration, in order not to choose the wrong provider, I chose Vultr.

Thank you

• @tiendungdev said:

@alt_ said:

After comparing the network and VPS configuration, in order not to choose the wrong provider, I chose Vultr.

Thank you

Yeah no troubles, @DP can you implement a laughing react feature?

Thanked by 1bdl
  • ShockHosting is the provider I will use in the near future, unfortunately they were a bit late in contacting me, because I have already installed Vultr and configured the server.

• @Gravely said:

@tiendungdev said:

@alt_ said:

Thank you

Is there any problem, I'm really looking for a good provider but it's hard to choose, I don't like Vultr but in this case I have to choose, I only have 1 server at the moment Vultr just installed

• @tiendungdev said:

@Gravely said:

@tiendungdev said:

@alt_ said:

Thank you

Is there any problem, I'm really looking for a good provider but it's hard to choose, I don't like Vultr but in this case I have to choose, I only have 1 server at the moment Vultr just installed

Any of the above providers would be a solid choice, otherwise people wouldn't be recommending them. Why tf would you choose Vultr if you don't like them? :D

• @Gravely said:

@tiendungdev said:

@Gravely said:

@tiendungdev said:

@alt_ said:

Thank you

Any of the above providers would be a solid choice, otherwise people wouldn't be recommending them. Why tf would you choose Vultr if you don't like them? :D

I am not a web owner, I am buying and managing for my client, as the budget of vps management and website operation is very low, I need reassurance otherwise I will waste my own time and money to do this. compensate for the cost of the wrong choice.

• @tiendungdev said:

@Gravely said:

@tiendungdev said:

@Gravely said:

@tiendungdev said:

@alt_ said:

Thank you

I am not a web owner, I am buying and managing for my client, as the budget of vps management and website operation is very low, I need reassurance otherwise I will waste my own time and money to do this. compensate for the cost of the wrong choice.

My point still stands - Any of the above providers would be a solid choice, otherwise people wouldn't be recommending them.

Thanked by 1tiendungdev
  • @Gravely said:

@tiendungdev said:

@Gravely said:

@tiendungdev said:

@Gravely said:

@tiendungdev said:

@alt_ said:

Thank you

My point still stands - Any of the above providers would be a solid choice, otherwise people wouldn't be recommending them.

Thanks, I will note the other providers, in the near future I will definitely use them.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited August 2023

I've been using QuantumCore ever since they launched. Great service. They're owned by GoHosting who have a physical office in Australia and have been in business for 20 years.

Thanked by 1QuantumCore
  • bdlbdl Member

@Gravely said:

@tiendungdev said:

@Gravely said:

@tiendungdev said:

@alt_ said:

Thank you

Otherwise there wouldn't be a thread :)

Thanked by 2Gravely dahartigan
  • FYI Shock Hosting and Quantum core use RansomIT transit which is not the best, BinaryLane is superloop much better same

• @socialzzz said:
    FYI Shock Hosting and Quantum core use RansomIT transit which is not the best, BinaryLane is superloop much better same

In RIT's defense their network has improved massively over the years but agree that BL's network is pretty fantastic

Thanked by 2socialzzz bdl
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited August 2023

@socialzzz said:
    FYI Shock Hosting and Quantum core use RansomIT transit which is not the best, BinaryLane is superloop much better same

Always happy to hear feedback and improve :smile: When most people say that they're focused on certain routes, which can always be changed.

• tiendungdevtiendungdev Member
    edited August 2023

@Daniel15 said:
    I've been using QuantumCore ever since they launched. Great service. They're owned by GoHosting who have a physical office in Australia and have been in business for 20 years.

Before choosing the right supplier, I contacted QuantumCore but there was no response.

Do you have any benchmarking (YABS) , please let me know.