Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Self-Hosted SmartDNS Proxy
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Self-Hosted SmartDNS Proxy

Hi

I am looking for self hosted SmartDNS proxy. I tried https://github.com/ab77/netflix-proxy however seems to be not working anymore.

If you guys know any other selfhosted project/script please do share.

Regards

Comments

• JoeyJojoJoeyJojo Member
    edited July 2023

I don’t remember the one I used back in the days, but I think you will be wasting your time looking for a solution. I think it’s quite complex these days, CyberGhost can’t even figure it out.

I can recommend SmartDNSProxy. If you sign up for a trial and don’t buy immediately, they will send you better and better prices over a few weeks. Eventually $25 for 2 years.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

I also thought it was just easier to pick a lifetime vpn that takes care of the unblocking in the background. If you had to always change ip/server when it gets blacklisted it might become annoying quickly.

• Getflix.com offers lifetime plans, honestly hard to find anyone else to get it right.

• edited July 2023

I am not trying to bypass Netflix. Actually, I find it easier to set DNS on router/phone/devices and everyone who is connected to it, automatically able to use IP/proxy. This worked before, but the script is not working any longer.

I already have Getflix but this does not work with Apple TV

• @THEGREENMONSTER said:
    I already have Getflix but this does not work with Apple TV

Try blocking dns 8.8.8.8 and 8.4.4.8 on your router

Thanked by 1THEGREENMONSTER
  • Thanks for the suggestions. I am looking for self-hosted smartdns, to use it as an alternative of VPN.

• Just manually edit the script or edit some files manually on SNIProxy, or DNSMasq. I'll give you some idea. Just proxify this wildcard domains and you're good to go. Also note that you must find a provider which IPs are not Netflix blocked. I see some streaming sites checker scripts here before (for vps to check if the IP is ready for that platform). Just search it

netflix.com
    netflix.net
    nflximg.net
    nflxvideo.net
    nflxso.net
    nflxext.com