Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPX Core Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPX Core Review

edited March 2012 in General

Guys, I've created my own forum software and decided to stay with IPX CORE even though Im only on the 192mb plan, my forum is very lightweight and runs minimum of 100mb of ram with 10 concurrent connections! We just opened today!
http://speakwhatsreal.com/index.php

But, I also wanted to say that for proof that I am hosted with IPXCORE, and I want to tell you all that they are a great company.. check out my speed.. I get 85MS from here in WA. State, it's amazing. Anyway, just wanted to say i've been with IPXCORE for about half a year now and it's amazingly cheap and pretty damn good. I am going to be with them aslong as I last, lol.

Okay, just wanted to say that, haha Awesome company.

Thanked by 1Go59954

Comments

• I've got a vps from them as well. So far they're great.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I've got a VPS with them too and am happy with the service, a detailed review coming soon.

• Woo hoo! Go us! Thanks guys.

• I also really liked IPXcore during my 2 days trial with them. Adam and Damian were very friendly during the time I spent with them.

I hope to get a VPS from them in the near future when I get some cash

• wiiguywiiguy Member
    edited March 2012

i currently have a $1.99 vps runing with them i am very pleased with it :)

• @Damian

have you checked out speakwhatsreal forums bro? Lol the speed is incredible.

You sure this vps aint a VIP one hahaah

• Hey, just wanted to update this.

Damian is a very nice guy and even signed up @ our forums and offered me some cool ideas to help me promote my own site, and his at the same time. Damian is not only a good server administrator of IPXCore, he is overall just a good and nice Person. I just wanted to comment about that because I never seen a server administrator step in and offer such kindess and support for one of his clients, that should give you and idea of what you're getting when you sign up at IPXCORE.. Just wanted to give my 2cents out there.

Cheers.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • @monkuar said: Damian is a very nice guy

Such lies!

• wiiguywiiguy Member
    edited March 2012

@Damian said: Such lies!

nope he is actually right :p

edited March 2012

@Damian said: Such lies!

I know, you're evil :D I kid, I agree with @monkuar.

• edited April 2012

I would like to update.

The hosting has been superb. I have 99.98% uptime, Downtime was like for 2minutes in 2months.. This hosting is unbelievable and I recommend it. and no, no one told me to post this, I came back here because I am extremely satisfied with the speed and quality of customer service....
    The forums are blazing fast not only because of my custom Forum Software, but because the server is dam impressive. Congrats to all IPX, I will continue to be a customer until.. well whenever we die, lol :(

Thanked by 1Andri
  • @monkuar said: We just opened today!

http://speakwhatsreal.com/index.php

Man your forum loads really fast. Using lighty with fpm or fastcgi? OpenVZ?

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited April 2012

@NanoG6 said: Man your forum loads really fast. Using lighty with fpm or fastcgi? OpenVZ?

According to the headers, ligthy. And ipxcore = vz

• edited April 2012

@NanoG6 said: Man your forum loads really fast. Using lighty with fpm or fastcgi? OpenVZ?

Yep ;) Might switch to nginx.. but at this speed already I shouldn't complain. You should sign up on the forums if you want Nano, I'll give you some Forum Gold to test and play around with some of the features.

The shear fact also remains... why IPX is so good, look @ that speed of my forum... :P

• So what you are you using FPM or fastcgi? :D

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

Wow... that really is fast D:

• what a speed
    nice forum

• flyfly Member

holy shit thats some nice forums.

• @monkuar: Thanks for the kind words!

• edited May 2012

Quick update everyone:

My forums http://speakwhatsreal.com are a bit snappier after IPX Did a datacenter migration... I got a notice from them 1month prior and 1day as a final notice. These guys are incredible. The forums not also feel snappier but the speed and ping time is crazy, I get less then 80-90ms....with a 50kb Logo.... I am very pleased with them and just wanted to let you know how they did on the new server migration to the new data centers.

For me as a web developer that just started this niche business (My forums) and having a host like this to begin with, will only bring positive influences into my future life. I am very blessed to SAY THE LEAST, that I found these guys. Keep it up.....

Edit: I Guess I am still on the same nice server, but ofc with a different data Center, which might be closer and offer better performance, most likely that is why the forums feel a bit snappier? But all in all, it's a win win.

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited May 2012

@monkuar that forum software for sale or will open source? or personal use only?

forum is blazing fast!

• edited May 2012

@jcaleb said: @monkuar that forum software for sale or will open source? or personal use only?

It's my own so yes personal use only. Feel free to sign up and get a feel for it though ;)

I was using a old forum software 5-7months ago, it was called Invision power board 1.3, but there was a security issue with it I was never aware of, it got MYSQL Injected, so that motivated me to just dump all forum softwares and create my own, so that's how this forum software came about. I am extremely sorry but it will never be open source, it's more of a "baby" to me, something very precious, hope you understand. Plus, most forum softwares out today are total trash and full of crap/bloated features that never get used, vbulletin/ipb 2.3+/mybb/etc/etc/etc.... My VPS doesn't even reach over 100MB of ram with 5-15 concurrent users... Our member base is pretty low at the moment :(.

If you register and post around and see the other features you will like it alot more ;)

Thanks for your comment.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@monkuar great work, it is blazing fast. have you tried blowup the db to several hundred thousand posts? but it seems it will still be fast!

• @jcaleb said: @monkuar great work, it is blazing fast. have you tried blowup the db to several hundred thousand posts? but it seems it will still be fast!

Yea for benchmarking ofcourse ;)

Site is seriously just waiting to go viral atm. We just need some marketing!

Thanked by 1Liam

Yup, the new migration has been really good, my site on my IPX VPS loads snappy fast from here. It's really good so far, I will be getting a detailed review of my own up soon.