Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CrunchBits.com 800 GB vs 1TBVPS.com 1TB
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CrunchBits.com 800 GB vs 1TBVPS.com 1TB

I need a storage VPS in US and choose between 2 providers:

• CrunchBits VDS: 800 GB (SSD).
  • 1TBVPS: 1TB (SSD cached).
    Anyone have experienced with these two providers?

Thanks.

Comments

• What's your use case?

• @plumberg said:
    What's your use case?

File storage and fast downloads.

• Location?
    File storage and download as in streaming videos?

Or

File storage and share files with friends family?

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@crunchbits is solid

Thanked by 2chrisfe crunchbits
  • @crunchbits no doubt, so far have no issues with them. network is superb (for my ISP at least)

Thanked by 2chrisfe crunchbits
  • crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@chrisfe said:

Thanks.

Only can speak to our stuff, but the VDS is full RAID-10 SSD with dedicated CPU cores.
    Our storage VPSes are RAID-6 HDD with some caching done in front (a few tiers).

If it is just simple file storage, our VDS might be overkill. Not that I want to discourage you from using us. If the price is similar/same, go pure SSD all day every day :smile:

• @crunchbits said:

@chrisfe said:

Thanks.

Only can speak to our stuff, but the VDS is full RAID-10 SSD with dedicated CPU cores.

If it is just simple file storage, our VDS might be overkill. Not that I want to discourage you from using us. If the price is similar/same, go pure SSD all day every day :smile:

Give the guy a trial :)

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@TheOnlyDK said:

@crunchbits said:

@chrisfe said:

Thanks.

3-day no questions asked refund. We've been known to be sloppy on enforcing that timeline in certain situations, too.

• @crunchbits Thanks for your information.

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • @crunchbits said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

@crunchbits said:

@chrisfe said:

Thanks.

3-day no questions asked refund. We've been known to be sloppy on enforcing that timeline in certain situations, too.

No questions asked he says :)

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@chrisfe
    If need something here in Texas.

Storage - 2 vCore (3.60Ghz+ E-2246G CPU) / 16GB Ram / 160GB NVME / 960GB SSD VPS
    https://my2.dataideas.com/store/intel-xeon-storage-vps-dedicated-cpu

Thanked by 1chrisfe
  • @crunchbits said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

@crunchbits said:

@chrisfe said:

Thanks.

everything is sold out on storage vps :(

• @socialzzz said:
    everything is sold out on storage vps :(

I picked up a storage VPS from them 3-4 months ago and I haven't seen any of them come back in stock since (I check daily, looking for an additional.)

Price to Spec value is great, their network is plenty fast and their support is some of the best support I've had in my 20+ years of dealing with servers. I highly recommend them if you do manage to find something in stock.

• danblazedanblaze Member
    edited July 2023

Very willing to say something nice - to crunchbits.

I've done some testing with their VDS and I'd say their labeling is honest - and unless you need to make some accesses on a regular basis and in large quantities, I don't see the need to go with a VDS under this use case, works well, but is overpowered.

For storage servers, if my memory serves me correctly, they offer a bit of pure SSD based space for systems and some common software, you just need to point the storage path to the storage block.

In most storage/backup/occasional download/streaming streaming scenarios, that's more than enough to work with.

I've talked to crunchbits about some stuff about their products over the last few days, and I think there's a clear distinction between the positioning of the two - although both perform quite well under specific loads.

Thanked by 2crunchbits nick_
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2023

I'm all about @crunchbits. I keep some important stuff there and have zero regrets.

• Thanks for your information.