Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap direct admin managed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap direct admin managed

chipchip Member

Hi all,

As in the title what does everyone have for "cheap" (I understand the words cheap and managed don't go together) direct admin servers?

Bandwidth: as much as I can get
Ram: 8gb+
Storage: 150+ GB SSD preffered

Virtualisation not bothered (could even be a dedicated server)

What's out there?

Many thanks

Chip

Comments

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

What is your budget and what are you actually looking for?

Someone to manage a DA install for you, or simply reseller hosting?

• AK_KWHAK_KWH Member, Patron Provider

We have a space in our uk location so if you need the managed directadmin vps we can offer it
    Ram 12Gb
    Space 100Gb nvme
    Bandwidth 2Tb@1gb/sec
    Directadmin license
    60$/m

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

I think the key thing is what type of budget are you looking for and how much hand holding?
    Management depending on what you need can add up. But if it's more less management if things go wrong etc then you can find that help cheaper. We get customers sometimes expect us to basically manage their whole company which can be a little much. :)

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Your question is not very clear as to what exactly you are looking for.

• chipchip Member

@alento said:
    What is your budget and what are you actually looking for?

Someone to manage a DA install for you, or simply reseller hosting?

No specific budget not reseller hosting as I like to "mess" on occasion... and you can't do this with reseller hosting

• chipchip Member

@PureVoltage said:
    I think the key thing is what type of budget are you looking for and how much hand holding?
    Management depending on what you need can add up. But if it's more less management if things go wrong etc then you can find that help cheaper. We get customers sometimes expect us to basically manage their whole company which can be a little much. :)

It's not a company so no worries there , but I like to tweak and get good spam filtering on my emails (a domain I've had for 22 years)

And sometimes I need a lot of hand holding but providing I can get root access (a lot of managed providers don't allow this) then I also don't mind looking into issues myself when I can

• chipchip Member

@Arkas said:

A managed something (virtual/dedicated) with a chunk of bandwidth, ram, disk space, I can stick some files, wilkis and email on and I'm familiar with direct admin so why re-invent the wheel

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

@chip said:

@Arkas said:

A managed something (virtual/dedicated) with a chunk of bandwidth, ram, disk space, I can stick some files, wilkis and email on and I'm familiar with direct admin so why re-invent the wheel

Why not roll your own?

• If budget is not limited, knownhost.com would be your best option.

• chipchip Member

@AK_KWH said:
    We have a space in our uk location so if you need the managed directadmin vps we can offer it
    Ram 12Gb
    Space 100Gb nvme
    Bandwidth 2Tb@1gb/sec
    Directadmin license
    60$/m

Thanks for this I've sent you a PM

• @chip said:
    Hi all,

As in the title what does everyone have for "cheap" (I understand the words cheap and managed don't go together) direct admin servers?

Bandwidth: as much as I can get
    Ram: 8gb+
    Storage: 150+ GB SSD preffered

Virtualisation not bothered (could even be a dedicated server)

What's out there?

Many thanks

Chip

You either have to choose cheap or managed... they certainly don't go together