Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/php timing out
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/php timing out

edited July 2023 in General

I've done the usual... disabled IPv6 (because the host has a terrible setup for v6):

• Disabled in netplan
  • Had GRUB disable it on boot
  • Did the usual with sysctl.conf

I am suspecting this to be an IPv6 but man..

It keeps timing out when I try to install any repo, not just php. If someone can provide a genuine response and not a shitpost, then that'd be great

Comments

• mrTommrTom Member

Could be a DNS issue or the Route to the Server is broken. Both happened to me.

• Tried to change DNS to 8.8.8.8 and that didn’t even work, on 1dot now. Will consult host, even tho this has been a week long issue. Might as well just move to Contabo. 🤦‍♀️ Thank you.

• Does dig work to resolve the ubuntu domains? can you ping ppa.launchpad.net?

• @MallocVoidstar said:
    Does dig work to resolve the ubuntu domains? can you ping ppa.launchpad.net?

Don't know. I decided to move to Contabo. LOL. It works better than the shit I was using.

• LeviLevi Member

Ondrej's repo does not have 100%> more clowe to 99.0%. Eventually it will come back.

• @LTniger said:
    Ondrej's repo does not have 100%> more clowe to 99.0%. Eventually it will come back.

It has been like this. It works on some systems, and some not. Even in the same IP space, dunno though. I moved providers and we’re good. Gonna use the old host to run Canvas and some other heavy shit that I don’t want on a 8gb system. I paid for 3 months in advance— and will be getting some birthday money in November, so we’re good until then. After that I have someone who’s gonna help bring in donations to my organization so we can run further. As long as we can host, we’re good. Thanks 😃

TL;DR: Doesn’t work on some systems, even in the same IP space. Am satisfied with Contabo, will use old VPS for Canvas and shit that won’t run on 8gb RAM. Found someone to help me bring in donations to run the Contabo VPS longer