Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Reseller Plan in EU with Redundant NameServers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Reseller Plan in EU with Redundant NameServers

nqservicesnqservices Member
edited July 2023 in Requests

Hi,

Need a cPanel/Plesk (can also be DirectAdmin, as alternative) Reseller plan in an EU Datacenter (except UK and RO), that will be used only to host DNS. No websites, emails, etc…

It must have Redundant DNS Nameservers, to where I can point my own custom/whitelabel Nameservers.

As I will not need almost any space and use minimal server resources, I’m looking for a custom plan, where I can get as many accounts for the price, on the cPanel plans.

Almost all plans/companies I looked so far, do not offer Redundant DNS on Reseller Plans. Both nameservers are pointed to the different IPs on the same physical server...

P.S: Will pay anually for a good deal!

Thanks

Comments

• JasonMJasonM Member

I use Racknerd in EU with third-party nameservers from cloudns

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

@Francisco can help you with this with BuyShared in Luxembourg.

His reseller servers have proper DNS with servers in Luxembourg and Las Vegas.

But wait, no. You need something other than what you think you need. What exactly do you need?? @nqservices

Are you running a cPanel server and looking for a secondary DNS? If that is the case you need to run a DNS-only cPanel install. A reseller account does not help you in this case.

So, again, exactly what is it that you are trying to accomplish? The fact that you are looking at web hosting to host DNS and not websites seems kinda sus.

• @JasonM said:

Also used Racknerd cPanel Reseller in the past and was satisfied with them. Only issue for me is they do not provide redundant DNS server on their Reseller Plans.

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • nqservicesnqservices Member
    edited July 2023

@alento said:
    @Francisco can help you with this with BuyShared in Luxembourg.

His reseller servers have proper DNS with servers in Luxembourg and Las Vegas.

But wait, no. You need something other than what you think you need. What exactly do you need?? @nqservices

Are you running a cPanel server and looking for a secondary DNS? If that is the case you need to run a DNS-only cPanel install. A reseller account does not help you in this case.

So, again, exactly what is it that you are trying to accomplish? The fact that you are looking at web hosting to host DNS and not websites seems kinda sus.

Thanks for the advice about BuyShared. Can @Francisco or anyone else confirm that BuyShared provides with redundant DNS server on their Reseller Plans?

What I’m trying to accomplish is nothing sus or shady. I host websites on one server, email on other and Im looking for a DNS solution. Trying to get my clients domains out of their Registrar DNS service that sucks…

• @nqservices said:

@JasonM said:

Also used Racknerd cPanel Reseller in the past and was satisfied with them. Only issue for me is they do not provide redundant DNS server on their Reseller Plans.

@JasonM I supose that with the setup you are using, you have to manually add each new domain on the ClouDNS panel manually, correct?

edited July 2023

@nqservices said: What I’m trying to accomplish is nothing sus or shady. I host websites on one server, email on other and Im looking for a DNS solution. Trying to get my clients domains out of their Registrar DNS service that sucks…

So how are you hosting your clients ??? Do you have your own cPanel server?
    Are you using reseller hosting from other providers? What's the reality? @nqservices

• @alento said:

@nqservices said: What I’m trying to accomplish is nothing sus or shady. I host websites on one server, email on other and Im looking for a DNS solution. Trying to get my clients domains out of their Registrar DNS service that sucks…

So how are you hosting your clients ??? Do you have your own cPanel server?
    Are you using reseller hosting from other providers? What's the reality? @nqservices

Already explained. Nothing more to add.

@nqservices said: Already explained. Nothing more to add.

You said ...

@nqservices said: I host websites on one server, email on other and Im looking for a DNS solution.

Which is not an answer to the question I posed. If you want help, you need to share what you need help with. "I host websites on one server" in no way gives any indication of what the hosting environment is ... there are 1000 ways to host a website on a server. Which one do you use?

• @alento said:
    Which is not an answer to the question I posed. If you want help, you need to share what you need help with. "I host websites on one server" in no way gives any indication of what the hosting environment is ... there are 1000 ways to host a website on a server. Which one do you use?

serverpilot.io

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@nqservices said: Thanks for the advice about BuyShared. Can @Francisco or anyone else confirm that BuyShared provides with redundant DNS server on their Reseller Plans?

we have 2 unique nameservers and will grow that w/ anycast with the movement to Namecrane and the new locations.

Francisco

Thanked by 1nqservices

@nqservices said:

@alento said:

serverpilot.io

Ok, so you are not using a hosting control panel such as cPanel, etc. which includes DNS services. While you could use something like BuyShared as a kludge, it is going to be really inconvenient to do so. You'll have to completely change the DNS settings for each domain and that likely will not be much fun.

You really have two ways to proceed. Create your own DNS network, but I do not suspect that you are interested in this. Another option is to resell ClouDNS. With them you can whitelabel which is one of your requirements. The cost is $15/mo for up to 400 zones, so that is reasonable. You are going to pay that much at a minimum if you host your own DNS. https://www.cloudns.net/for-resellers/

Good luck.

Thanked by 1nqservices
    edited July 2023

@Francisco said:
    we have 2 unique nameservers and will grow that w/ anycast with the movement to Namecrane and the new locations.
    Francisco

Thanks for the information. Checked your Nameservers and they seem ok. Only (small) issue is that they are both located in USA Datacenters (my clients are 99% from EU).

Glad to hear your DNS service will grow and get better (anycast) with the move to Namecrane. About this expansion in your DNS, can you confirm you will also have a European location (example: ns3 in Luxembourg) and if yes, any estimated timeframe?

• @alento said:
    Good luck.

Thanks for all the advices and information! I know my current setup is not the ideal in terms of simplicity and efficient management. But it is what it is. I’m able to have my clients websites on different servers, email services the same and now want something similar with DNS.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@nqservices said:

@Francisco said:
    Francisco

Thanks for the information. Checked your Nameservers and they seem ok. Only (small) issue is that they are both located in USA Datacenters (my clients are 99% from EU).

Glad to hear your DNS service will grow and get better (anycast) with the move to Namecrane. About this expansion in your DNS, can you confirm you will also have a European location (example: ns3 in Luxembourg) and if yes, any estimated timeframe?

60 days or less.

I’ll aim to get another into EU and maybe I can get something in Asia :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1nqservices
    edited July 2023

Will check BuyVM in 60 days and then re-evaluate my option.

So for now still looking.

At the moment my interested is mainly on DirectAdmin plans/providers in order to have unlimited accounts.

Any offers?

@nqservices said: At the moment my interested is mainly on DirectAdmin plans/providers in order to have unlimited accounts.

Why don't you give up the idea of using shared hosting just for the DNS and instead maybe simply use a DNS provider that offers free service? Since it appears that your goal here is to pay as little as possible?

Hetzner, Time4VPS, Digital Ocean, are just 3 providers that come to mind but there are dozens of others.

• @alento said:

@nqservices said: At the moment my interested is mainly on DirectAdmin plans/providers in order to have unlimited accounts.

Why don't you give up the idea of using shared hosting just for the DNS and instead maybe simply use a DNS provider that offers free service? Since it appears that your goal here is to pay as little as possible?

Hetzner, Time4VPS, Digital Ocean, are just 3 providers that come to mind but there are dozens of others.

Beacause I need my clients to be able to login on their "dns" control panel. Each client must have 1 account. With Hetzner, Time4VPS, Digital Ocean, Cloudflare,etc... that is not possible.

edited July 2023

@nqservices said: Beacause I need my clients to be able to login on their "dns" control panel.

Ok, I am sorry but your idea is a really really bad one. You want your clients to be able to log in to this DA account to control DNS for websites and email that is not even hosted by the DA instance? I am sorry to be blunt, but that is simply ludicrous.

Even if you go in and do all of the initial set up ... most clients are pretty clueless about DNS. If you're not going in and removing ALL DNS entries automatically created by DA and replacing them with the proper ones for your setup with your web site hosting in one place and your email elsewhere, they are going to be completely lost.

Please think this through clearly. Honestly, it sounds like your best option is to use a reseller plan from ClouDNS, or simply have the clients manage DNS using their registrar's DNS service.