Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a UK 2U colocation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a UK 2U colocation

Hey folks,

Long term lurker, first time poster. Looking for a 2U colo setup in the UK for the following spec’d machine:

• Intel i5 or i7 from 8th-10th gen (TDP around 65W as I’ll be disabling turbo)
  • 32GB DDR4 2133Mhz RAM (15w)
  • 6 to 8 HDDs (50w, staggered spin up)

Think I’m looking at about 150-220W max usage so probably just need a 1A supply. Any suggestions on the expected power usage front are welcome!

Needs a 1Gbps synchronous line and 15 to 25 TB of bandwidth.

If anyone has any suggestions or any providers want to reach out, please do as I’d appreciate it! Hoping to get this setup within the next month!

Cheers all!

Comments

• Oops, I really should have specified a price range in the OP! Can't go back and edit as it's too old now but my price range is roughly £100 a month. Looking at Netwise, I'd be way over that for the config I need, but thank you for the suggestion @Zare! Any other suggestions? :)

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

@LobsterInAPot said:
    Hey folks,

Long term lurker, first time poster. Looking for a 2U colo setup in the UK for the following spec’d machine:

• Intel i5 or i7 from 8th-10th gen (TDP around 65W as I’ll be disabling turbo)
    • 32GB DDR4 2133Mhz RAM (15w)
    • 6 to 8 HDDs (50w, staggered spin up)

Think I’m looking at about 150-220W max usage so probably just need a 1A supply. Any suggestions on the expected power usage front are welcome!

Needs a 1Gbps synchronous line and 15 to 25 TB of bandwidth.

If anyone has any suggestions or any providers want to reach out, please do as I’d appreciate it! Hoping to get this setup within the next month!

Cheers all!

We can offer you Colocation in the UK,

Can you Inbox us we will be happy to provide a quote for our colo offering, have 2 sites in the UK we can offer for you , Northampton or Suffolk DC

• speedypagespeedypage Member, Patron Provider

Is your requirement inc VAT or ex VAT? We can likely do this in London from the start of September for £100 ex VAT. We are UK VAT registered, meaning if you are a personal user or a non-VAT registered business, it'd be £120 inc VAT per month.