Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated servers for vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated servers for vps

LeviLevi Member
edited July 2023 in Requests

Recently searched for dedicated servers for vps hosting. Strange, but couldn't find any viable solution for requirements:

2x AMD or Intel CPU
192GB+ DDR4 RAM
5TB+ NVMe storage
32+ IPs
1 GigE with 100TB+
Price: up to 180€/month.

Seems options I could find push towards colo. Maybe someone has spotted such "node class" servers somewhere in decent Europe datacenter?

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Hardly doable with the number of IPs and storage requirements. IPs these days tend to be more than 1EUR ea on smaller quantities, so they are eating up some of your budget. Not talking about our services specifically, but rather my observation of the market. I assume you're looking at Scalable and EPYC?

• Your price will be basically impossible to achieve with the specs you want. As Alex noted IP's alone usually cost around 1 euro on average, so that's 1/6th of your budget already gone on IP's.

Then as you want dual CPU's you will need Epyc or Scalable as consumer Intel/AMD doesn't support dual socket systems. You want DDR4 so it would atleast have to be Xeon V3's/V4's as anything below that doesn't support DDR4, which puts you out of most second hand servers as the market I've seen are mostly v1's/v2's with alot of Dell R710's but that is changing.

Then you also want 192GBs of RAM which is very much on the high end you will find and will cost you.

And adding to all of that you want 5TB of NVME storage which is already pretty expensive. I highly doubt you will be able to find these specs for 180 euro a month.

• LeviLevi Member

Well, for latest cpu I believe budget increase up to 250€/month. So E5 would suffice. Yes, IPs was a major concern, because only with collocation provider allocates more than 24 IPs per server.

• febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited July 2023

2x AMD (should be EPYC), 192GB RAM and 5TB+ NVMe, 1Gbps 100TB+ BW for less than 300 EUR?

No way you could find it. Or if it's Intel E5 then, i believe there is some providers who can give you quote.

The best is single CPU, 128GB RAM and 2x2TB NVMe or increase your budget up till 300 EUR a month.

Maybe you can try @Avoro . It's DE.

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • LeviLevi Member

@febryanvaldo said:
    2x AMD (should be EPYC), 192GB RAM and 5TB+ NVMe, 1Gbps 100TB+ BW for less than 300 EUR?

No way you could find it. Or if it's Intel E5 then, i believe there is some providers who can give you quote.

The best is single CPU, 128GB RAM and 2x2TB NVMe or increase your budget up till 300 EUR a month.

Maybe you can try @Avoro . It's DE.

Not bad, but IPs?

• febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited July 2023

@LTniger said: Not bad, but IPs?

Regarding IPs, you can contact @Avoro aka @PHP_Friends . It should be more than 1 for dedicated server. Maybe you can get custom quote for more IPs.

Sorry, this is the correct one, with 128GB DDR5 MEMORY

https://avoro.eu/cp/cart.php?a=add&pid=300

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • @febryanvaldo said:

@LTniger said: Not bad, but IPs?

Regarding IPs, you can contact @Avoro aka @PHP_Friends . It should be more than 1 for dedicated server. Maybe you can get custom quote for more IPs.

Also PHP-Friends/Avoro accepts BGP Sessions that way you can have your IP's cheaper

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@LTniger said:
    Recently searched for dedicated servers for vps hosting. Strange, but couldn't find any viable solution for requirements:

2x AMD or Intel CPU
    192GB+ DDR4 RAM
    5TB+ NVMe storage
    32+ IPs
    1 GigE with 100TB+
    Price: up to 180€/month.

Seems options I could find push towards colo. Maybe someone has spotted such "node class" servers somewhere in decent Europe datacenter?

You're probably a little low simply due to the IP's, but in reality not too far off. I can't speak to EU pricing, but in the US I think it would be doable depending on a few things:

1) It must be 2X CPU, or is there a certain core count you're after? i.e. 64 cores of EPYC in single socket versus ~36 cores of V4 Xeon in dual socket config?

2) 5TB+ of NVMe bare, or 5TB+ usable in a RAID1/10 config?

We're about as far away from EU as possible so don't take this as an offer but more of guidelines for US-based pricing, but if I were pricing this out I think your ask is do-able with:

Dual V4 Xeons (2690)
    192GB DDR4
    Single NVMe drive or a pair (total raw space >=5TB, up to you to decide RAID 0/1 etc)
    32 IPs
    1G Unmetered or 100TB @ 10G
    Right around the $180-200/mo mark pending final disk choice, IP numbers, etc

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2023

Hello @LTniger if you like it's possible give you

2x E5-2630 V4 20c/40t 2.13 GHz
    192 GB ram
    6x 960 SSD Enterprise
    Raid 0/1/5/10
    Location Romania
    100 TB BW upload & 100 TB BW download
    32 IPv4

180 euros/monthly , and it's possible put you on Tier 3 data center if pay for minimum 6 months

Regards,
    Calin

Thanked by 1gbzret4d