Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenCloud VPS Transfer - 9999 Birthday SG
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenCloud VPS Transfer - 9999 Birthday SG

VPS Information:

9999 Birthday SG
9 CPU
9 GB RAM
99 SSD
9 TB BW

Service Renews at:

$99.00 USD / every 3 years
Next Due Date: 10th October 2025

Asking Price:
150 USD (Transfer Fee Included)

Payment methods:
PayPal, Wise

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
#                     v2023-04-23                    #
# https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Fri Jul 14 11:48:25 PM +08 2023

Basic System Information:
---------------------------------
Uptime     : 5 days, 22 hours, 47 minutes
Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2698 v4 @ 2.20GHz
CPU cores  : 9 @ 2199.986 MHz
AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
RAM        : 8.7 GiB
Swap       : 1024.0 MiB
Disk       : 96.5 GiB
Distro     : Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
Kernel     : 5.15.103-bbrplus
VM Type    : KVM
IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ✔ Online

IPv4 Network Information:
ISP        : Leaseweb Asia Pacific pte. ltd.
ASN        : AS59253 Leaseweb Asia Pacific pte. ltd.
Host       : 365 Group LLC
Location   : Singapore, North East (02)
Country    : Singapore

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
  ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
Read       | 87.81 MB/s   (21.9k) | 1.20 GB/s    (18.8k)
Write      | 88.04 MB/s   (22.0k) | 1.20 GB/s    (18.9k)
Total      | 175.85 MB/s  (43.9k) | 2.41 GB/s    (37.7k)
           |                      |                     
Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
  ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
Read       | 1.88 GB/s     (3.6k) | 1.97 GB/s     (1.9k)
Write      | 1.98 GB/s     (3.8k) | 2.10 GB/s     (2.0k)
Total      | 3.86 GB/s     (7.5k) | 4.08 GB/s     (3.9k)

Comments

• nick_nick_ Member

IIRC the bandwidth isn't 9 TB in the SG location but 1999 GB. Just saying.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • TingJieTingJie Member
    edited July 2023

@nick_ said:
    IIRC the bandwidth isn't 9 TB in the SG location but 1999 GB. Just saying.

Yes, you are right. Bandwidth should be 1999GB. My bad, but I don't have permission to edit anymore.

• bdlbdl Member
    edited July 2023

Woah USD51 transfer fee

• @bdl said:
    Woah USD51 transfer fee

Transfer fee is 10$ for GreenCloudVPS.

• So fair price for two and a quarter years left should be $74 + transfer fee 10$ = $84.

It's up to everyone to decide if it suits them to pay a profit of $66 to a member with little activity who calls this a transfer offer.

Thanked by 3amaeva080 sh97 ariq01
  • pkrpkr Member

Hoo Lee Shit.
    $150 in place of $84. This guy must join the marketing team of some big company :smiley:

• LOL

• bdlbdl Member

@farsighter said:
    So fair price for two and a quarter years left should be $74 + transfer fee 10$ = $84.

It's up to everyone to decide if it suits them to pay a profit of $66 to a member with little activity who calls this a transfer offer.

Looking at their post history I think they're a LowEndWheelerDealer

Thanked by 1amaeva080
  • If you want to get this kind of configuration, you need to purchase at least 2 BudgetKVMSG-3 which cost a total of $180/2 years. I only charge $150($10 for transfer fee) for 2 years+ left and you can renew for $99/3 years.

• No thanks

Thanked by 3bdl amaeva080 ariq01
  • Isn’t the rule to not allow making to much profit on transfer. Go back to hostloc please.

Thanked by 3bdl ariq01 PineappleM
  • bdlbdl Member
    edited July 2023

@TingJie said:
    If you want to get this kind of configuration, you need to purchase at least 2 BudgetKVMSG-3 which cost a total of $180/2 years. I only charge $150($10 for transfer fee) for 2 years+ left and you can renew for $99/3 years.

I'll give you USD6.9

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@sdsbirdman said:
    Isn’t the rule to not allow making to much profit on transfer. Go back to hostloc please.

Forum rules allow charging 2x price per billing period, regardless of remaining time.
    This service is $99 per billing period, so it may be sold for up to $198.

• davidedavide Member
    edited July 2023

Moderation hammer isn't spectacularly objective or impartial here. My thread for selling a crappy RackNerd VPS at $18 was closed (and deleted o:) ) because it broke "the written rules":

1. The selling price for the service cannot be more than 2 times the recurring price, or $10, whichever is higher.

But I vindicated the injustices of this feud by posting my superb thread of AI-generated images, which got closed (but not deleted o:) ) because it broke "the written rules"... which I don't get, because other people posted threads about AI-generated images w/o complaints.

But you know, "the written rules" are there for everybody to see.

• @yoursunny said:

@sdsbirdman said:
    Isn’t the rule to not allow making to much profit on transfer. Go back to hostloc please.

Forum rules allow charging 2x price per billing period, regardless of remaining time.
    This service is $99 per billing period, so it may be sold for up to $198.

Thanks @davide. I vaguely remember this rule.it can only be sold up to 109

The selling price for the service cannot be more than 2 times the recurring price, or $10, whichever is higher.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@FAT32 explained multiple times that the formula shall be:

max_sell_price = max(10, 2 * price_per_billing_cycle)

• srch07srch07 Member

@yoursunny said:
    @FAT32 explained multiple times that the formula shall be:

max_sell_price = max(10, 2 * price_per_billing_cycle)

Doesn't matter how many times you tell people, they only read their own version of same statement. One that favors them. :smiley:

Thanked by 1PineappleM
  • Update: Price lowered to 130USD

• Update: Price lowered to 120USD

• bdlbdl Member

lol

• Soon another update: Transferred to @anubhavhirani for $5 :heart:

• angstromangstrom Moderator

Just to be clear, the asking price (now $120?) is permitted by the rules:

The selling price for the service cannot be more than 2 times the recurring price, or $10, whichever is higher.

As @yoursunny points out above, since the recurring price is $99, the asking price may be as high as $198 (according to the rules)

@davide said:
    Moderation hammer isn't spectacularly objective or impartial here. My thread for selling a crappy RackNerd VPS at $18 was closed (and deleted o:) ) because it broke "the written rules":

Well, the big difference is that you broke the rules, whereas the OP of this thread didn't break the rules

Next time, please try to have a better argument

• Selling something in access of purchase price is not ethical at all... if we allow this kind of thread, it'll only encourage hoarders that take away all good deals and then sell them for profit.

Very bad that we see such shitty things on LET now.

edited July 2023

@mehargags said:
    Selling something in access of purchase price is not ethical at all...

Can you cite the ethical principle that speaks against this?

Every day, all over the world, things are sold for more than their purchase price

if we allow this kind of thread, it'll only encourage hoarders that take away all good deals and then sell them for profit.

No need for the melodrama

We're talking about a proposed VPS service transfer (and not about life-essential food or medicine)

If the price is too high, no one will buy, and then the OP may lower the price (or not)

• davidedavide Member
    edited July 2023

@angstrom

It's a similar principle to gaining a profit by pawning or loaning with interest, the first was illegal in medieval Europe and relegated to the Hebrews, the second is currently illegal in Arab countries; the Dubai stock exchange doesn't allow interest on loans.

The "principle" here is that people don't like being the object of speculation, and distaste commonly leads to some moral resolution.

Your example doesn't consider that common everyday items sold for profit receive additional value or refinement through their chain of transactions, which arguably doesn't happen with price gouging.

@davide said:
    It's a similar principle to gaining a profit by pawning or loaning with interest, the first was illegal in medieval Europe and relegated to the Hebrews, the second is currently illegal in Arab countries; the Dubai stock exchange doesn't allow interest on loans.

Just so that I understand correctly: are you saying that (e.g.) bank loans in Arab countries don't incur interest?

(I don't know about the Dubai stock exchange in particular)

The "principle" here is that people don't like being the object of speculation, and distaste commonly leads to some moral resolution.

Your example doesn't consider that common everyday items sold for profit receive additional value or refinement through their chain of transactions, which arguably doesn't happen with price gouging.

It's important not to lose perspective here: we're talking about a proposed VPS service transfer. If the price is too high, no one goes hungry or dies as a result

In general, as we all know, it's rare for a VPS to have a recurring price for three years at a time -- perhaps only GreenCloud does this? -- so the current proposed VPS service transfer is -- in comparison with other proposed VPS service transfers -- rather exceptional

• srch07srch07 Member
    edited July 2023

@mehargags said:
    Selling something in access of purchase price is not ethical at all... if we allow this kind of thread, it'll only encourage hoarders that take away all good deals and then sell them for profit.

Dude what the heck are you talking about lol. It's called business, and till it's within the confined of rules, acceptable.
    You do realise, any webhost purchase the servers at a price, adds margin then re-sell servers right?
    Same goes for the datacenter.
    Everything that is being sold in this world is sold with a margin, and is acceptable till it's within MRP (if it's MRP goods).

I bet, you would have felt different if you were on the other end.

I purchased a deal VPS from someone at almost double the price (s)he brought it on, and never complained about it, because I was ok with the price.

If you are not ok, just move on, find a different seller.

@davide said:
    @angstrom

Again ironically, every one is making a profit on this forum.
    Look around man.
    SaaS, Hosting, Service provider etc.
    Like I said, we all like to be on the profitable end (feeling happy we got a deal), but hate being sold.
    It's someone's selling thread, and the seller has not broken any platform rule.
    Move on.

@angstrom said:
    In general, as we all know, it's rare for a VPS to have a recurring price for three years at a time -- perhaps only GreenCloud does this? -- so the current proposed VPS service transfer is -- in comparison with other proposed VPS service transfers -- rather exceptional

HH has that too. ;)

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • It is very nice if you drop price to $99. This year, GreenCloud may have big party with 10 years anniversary.

Thanked by 2angstrom ariq01
  • A broad flat limb without fingers, used for swimming by various sea animals such as seals, whales, and turtles.

Thanked by 1babywhale