Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: Ivacy VPN Lifetime Sub from 2018 was renewed free of charge
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: Ivacy VPN Lifetime Sub from 2018 was renewed free of charge

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited July 2023 in General

The moment finally came and my lifetime sub from my Ivacy account from 2018 hit the 5 year mark.
When I logged in, the subscription showed as expired, so I received a ticket and, fair enough, my sub was renewed until 2028 free of charge.

Dear Esteemed Customer,

Thank you for reaching out. We understand how
you feel about the situation and we're sorry for the trouble this has caused.

You are requested to please log out from the application and then try to re-login to the application and then check the same and share the feedback with us.

Feel free to contact us for further assistance.
Regards
Ivacy Customer Success Team

Not sure if they re-activated the sub on their end, or it was really linked to re-login, but it works now :)

I also asked if I could contact them again for free renwal on 2028 and they confirmed.

Comments

• nick_nick_ Member

Thanks for letting us know. It's a really good LTD. I'm using it on a daily basis.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • the_doctorthe_doctor Member
    edited July 2023

Who owns Ivacy?

Edit: Says on the site PMG Pte. Ltd. PMG Pte. Ltd seems to be a shell company owned by Pakistani company Gaditek.

Thanked by 2MannDude emgh
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2023

@nick_ said:
    Thanks for letting us know. It's a really good LTD. I'm using it on a daily basis.

Yeah, I'm glad renewal went smoothly :)
    I already promised many times during past months that I would keep you guys updated about this.

Ivacy has become really good imho. Enjoying their service.

Thanked by 3nick_ the_doctor Arkas
  • ivacy now don't have Indonesia server :(

• emghemgh Member

@the_doctor said:
    Who owns Ivacy?

Edit: Says on the site PMG Pte. Ltd. PMG Pte. Ltd seems to be a shell company owned by Pakistani company Gaditek.

About Pakistan:

the freedom of speech is restricted through censorship of media as well as censorship of the Internet. In Pakistan, several media forms have been banned either temporarily or permanently - These include YouTube, Flickr, Facebook, Telegram, WhatsApp, and other social networking sites, apart from encyclopaedias such as Wikipedia, which also faced bans.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_by_country

Funny how they choose a country like that for the most privacy oriented product there is

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Ympker said: Not sure if they re-activated the sub on their end, or it was really linked to re-login, but it works now :)

They probably renewed/re-activated it on their end (manually) since you've reached out and since they did instruct customers to do so.

After 5 years, please reach out to [email protected] to renew your subscription free of charge.

I'm sure lots of people would've forgotten about this if they're not actively utilizing the service :smiley:

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @DP said:
    I'm sure lots of people would've forgotten about this if they're not actively utilizing the service :smiley:

I was shocked to see when I visited the Ivacy website a hit from my password manager, which, when I logged in, shows I ordered a lifetime account too. :joy:

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Ympker said:

@nick_ said:

I already promised many times during past months that I would keep you guys updated about this.

can't say the same. A lot of website blocked their ip.

• TimRooTimRoo Member

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@nick_ said:

can't say the same. A lot of website blocked their ip.

That's a growing problem for every VPN to be honest. Sites are blocking non-residential IPs, which basically means VPNs and VPSs.

That said, I'm also seeing some issues with their US proxy servers (basically the Chrome extension) in the last couple of days. Not sure what's going on but the fact that you can't specify certain locations within the US is preventing a workaround outside of just using Canada.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@DP said:

@Ympker said: Not sure if they re-activated the sub on their end, or it was really linked to re-login, but it works now :)

They probably renewed/re-activated it on their end (manually) since you've reached out and since they did instruct customers to do so.

After 5 years, please reach out to [email protected] to renew your subscription free of charge.

Yeah, pretty much would I would think, too.
    To be fair, that's fine. As long as they actually renew any lifetime subs that send in a request for renewal. It was indeed written in the product description :D