Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ADTAQ | STORAGE VPS AND BOYS PANTS HALF OFF | 1TB@$5/mo 2TB@$10/mo | Coupon Expires in ONE WEEK
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ADTAQ | STORAGE VPS AND BOYS PANTS HALF OFF | 1TB@$5/mo 2TB@$10/mo | Coupon Expires in ONE WEEK

ADTAQADTAQ Member, Patron Provider
edited July 2023 in Offers

ADTAQ VPS AND DISCOUNT CHILDREN'S APPAREL

The industry leader in posts that make you laugh but not actually buy anything™

Summer has officially shed the light on our otherwise dreary existence as VPS bargain hunters and filled our souls with hope and optimism that maybe, just maybe, this will be the season that the credit card number I swiped from the rich looking guy at Papa Murphy's might actually work to get me a new VPS.

Theys and thems are taking to the beach, eager to share their most recent surgical alterations with the rest of us so we can realize just how unimportant and vanilla we really are, while teachers and government officials watch on to ensure everyone can be taught to be just as empowered as they/them are.

But enough about the warm weather and them/they enjoying it already, THERE ARE DEALS TO BE HAD!

STORAGE VPS HALF OFF

Maybe you've heard that ADTAQ VPS sells a totally different product than the other lower cost providers. One that, you know, works and stuff. Perhaps you were tempted to experience this insanely fast performance yourself, but just couldn't pass up your daily Grimace's Birthday Meal even once, leaving you $5 short.

Well guess what you fat piece of shit, TODAY IS YOUR LUCKY DAY!

For the next 7 days we will be offering 50% off our immensely popular Storage VPS products. Great for DoS'ing people and seeding public domain educational material via Bittorrent, these VPSes are a bargain at twice the price, but instead, for the LET faithful, we are going down!

STORAGE 1
1 Dedicated vCPU
1 GB RAM
1 TB FAST RAID6 Disk
Dedicated 2.5 Gbit Internet Connection
3000 GB of Premium Bandwidth
Full Root Access
1 Dedicated IPv4
VNC Console Access
Install any OS and Manage Reverse DNS with our Virtfusion Control Panel
$10/mo $5/mo FOREVER w/ coupon GRIMACE
ORDER NOW - INSTANT DEPLOYMENT

STORAGE 2
2 Dedicated vCPU
2 GB RAM
2 TB FAST RAID6 Disk
Dedicated 2.5 Gbit Internet Connection
6000 GB of Premium Bandwidth
Full Root Access
1 Dedicated IPv4
VNC Console Access
Install any OS and Manage Reverse DNS with our Virtfusion Control Panel
$20/mo $10/mo FOREVER w/ coupon GRIMACE
ORDER NOW - INSTANT DEPLOYMENT

Will this Storage VPSes be really shitty and oversold as I have come to expect?!1

Unfortunately no, that's just not what we do. Here's a YABS from a VPS on our platform:

root@benchwarmer:~# ./yabs.sh -5
# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
#                     v2023-04-23                    #
# https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Thu 30 Jun 2023 04:16:33 PM PDT

Basic System Information:
---------------------------------
Uptime     : 0 days, 21 hours, 37 minutes
Processor  : Intel Core Processor (Broadwell)
CPU cores  : 2 @ 2194.916 MHz
AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
RAM        : 1.9 GiB
Swap       : 0.0 KiB
Disk       : 2.0 TiB
Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
Kernel     : 5.10.0-23-amd64
VM Type    : KVM
IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ❌ Offline

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
  ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
Read       | 130.16 MB/s  (32.5k) | 1.85 GB/s    (28.9k)
Write      | 130.51 MB/s  (32.6k) | 1.86 GB/s    (29.0k)
Total      | 260.67 MB/s  (65.1k) | 3.71 GB/s    (57.9k)
           |                      |
Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
Read       | 7.85 GB/s    (15.3k) | 690.09 MB/s    (673)
Write      | 8.27 GB/s    (16.1k) | 736.05 MB/s    (718)
Total      | 16.13 GB/s   (31.5k) | 1.42 GB/s     (1.3k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
-----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.25 Gbits/sec  | 688 Mbits/sec   | 138 ms
Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 989 Mbits/sec   | 809 Mbits/sec   | 149 ms
NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 1.16 Gbits/sec  | 1.15 Gbits/sec  | 145 ms
Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 895 Mbits/sec   | 755 Mbits/sec   | 224 ms
Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.92 Gbits/sec  | 368 Mbits/sec   | 65.2 ms
Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 2.22 Gbits/sec  | 1.80 Gbits/sec  | 63.3 ms
Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 2.63 Gbits/sec  | 2.01 Gbits/sec  | 37.1 ms

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
Test            | Value
                |
Single Core     | 764
Multi Core      | 1431
Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/21280440

YABS completed in 6 min 33 sec

The people on Trustpilot seem to feel the same way but fortunately if it's garbage performance you are looking for there are plenty of other companies to choose from.

I still don't want to buy anything but wouldn't mind spreading the word, what should I do?

WRITE A REVIEW and get a free month's service. This way you can have a premium Storage VPS from the best provider on the market without having to actually pay for it. It's like credit card fraud but with less jail.

That's all for now. Looking forward to the many new abuse emails this promotion is sure to produce.

For more about ADTAQ:

Our Website: www.adtaq.com
Looking Glass and Speed Tests: https://lg.adtaq.net

Comments

• emghemgh Member

I still don't want to buy anything but wouldn't mind spreading the word, what should I do? WRITE A REVIEW and get a free month's service

lmao

• ADTAQADTAQ Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2023

@emgh said:
    I still don't want to buy anything but wouldn't mind spreading the word, what should I do? WRITE A REVIEW and get a free month's service

lmao

You know, like, maybe you paid once but you didn't like how it felt, so by writing a review you don't have to do it again?

• emghemgh Member

@ADTAQ said:

@emgh said:

lmao

You know, like, maybe you paid once but you didn't like how it felt, so by writing a review you don't have to do it again?

Yes :D

• Nice deal

Thanked by 1ADTAQ
  • I would like to get a one month trial and I can write a review for that, this is my blog,he will write it there.

Uh oh, looks like someone found out the 50% off codes work on the annual plans, too...

@sayyiku said:
    I would like to get a one month trial and I can write a review for that, this is my blog,he will write it there.

Sorry, I don't think we can do any more trials. Nothing personal, just a ton of abuse.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@ADTAQ said:
    Where are the pants half off?

Please send us free ADTAQ-branded yoga pants.

• @ADTAQ said:

@sayyiku said:
    I would like to get a one month trial and I can write a review for that, this is my blog,he will write it there.

Sorry, I don't think we can do any more trials. Nothing personal, just a ton of abuse.

ok, thanks for the reply

• this is what all these posts read as and I'm so here for it

• rjblrjbl Member

Feature request: Easily change between annual and monthly billing on subscribed servers

@rjbl said:
    Feature request: Easily change between annual and monthly billing on subscribed servers

Shot you an email on this...

@fluffernutter said:

this is what all these posts read as and I'm so here for it

Inspirational.

• weaselweasel Member
    edited July 2023

Nice YABS for a storage server. Do you guys offer IPv6?

@weasel said:

Sorry, we don't yet. It is on the horizon but trying to build what we have first.

• weaselweasel Member

@ADTAQ said:

@weasel said:

Sorry, we don't yet. It is on the horizon but trying to build what we have first.

Fair enough, makes sense. I'd have jumped on this if it had IPv6! Will follow you guys for updates :-)

@weasel said:
    Fair enough, makes sense. I'd have jumped on this if it had IPv6! Will follow you guys for updates :-)

Is a single IPv6 address per VPS usually what providers are doing, or do customers expect more than that?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited July 2023

@ADTAQ said: Is a single IPv6 address per VPS usually what providers are doing, or do customers expect more than that?

Why Allocating a /64 is Not Wasteful and Necessary

Thanked by 2ADTAQ yoursunny
  • @ADTAQ said: WRITE A REVIEW and get a free month's service. This way you can have a premium Storage VPS from the best provider on the market without having to actually pay for it. It's like credit card fraud but with less jail.

h i s i r

It is great to see everyone getting 50% OFF and spiking my bandwidth graphs. Keep up the good work, 4 days left!

Down to just TWO DAYS, get it while you can...

...and just like that, the fat purple menace is put to rest.

Thank you all so much for your business, this community has been great 👍

• Your domain has been around for many years, but your accounts are super new and reviews are sparse, with redesign launched April. If you don't mind me asking, is this a "under new management" kind of situation, or just expanding business into more consumer-facing direction?

@chiisana said:
    Your domain has been around for many years, but your accounts are super new and reviews are sparse, with redesign launched April. If you don't mind me asking, is this a "under new management" kind of situation, or just expanding business into more consumer-facing direction?

Hey! It's the latter. We used to do just colocation and sold off those customers many years ago. My partners and I got the itch again recently and decided to do something more consumer facing, so we built the new site along with the VPS platform and here we are.

Thanked by 1chiisana
  • @ADTAQ said:
    Hey! It's the latter. We used to do just colocation and sold off those customers many years ago. My partners and I got the itch again recently and decided to do something more consumer facing, so we built the new site along with the VPS platform and here we are.

Exciting stuff! I've snuck in before the promo closed (actually, before I even asked; if I was any smart I probably should've asked before I bought?). So far so good, love the VM builder workflow, super slick! Thanks!

• I've been using it since the promo. Support has been great and speeds as well

Thanks guys. Like you said, reviews are sparse so having positive words out there really helps.

As with any business, our success all comes down to building trust so prospective customers feel comfortable giving us a try.

Once they do, we're pretty confident they'll love the product. It's just a matter of standing out in a crowded space and folks giving us a chance.

• Sure; I'll throw my in as well. I've been in the industry on and off for a bit over 20 years (I've got an Aug 2003 WHT account), and a bit of a server nerd, so that might help add some credence.

It's only been a couple of days, but so far, my experience have been positive. As noted earlier, the VM builder is really slick. I like how quick it is able to build a VM compared to my own KVM host at home.

After provisioning, the general performance of the VM is good.

The CPUs are not the most recent generation (Broadwell arch from my tests, suggesting Xeon E5 v4 series or Xeon D 15xx series I think), but they're pretty responsive. Perhaps I'm just lucky and don't have noisy neighbours yet, or perhaps they don't over provision, long term performance is to be seen.

Disk IO doesn't feel like they're running spinning rust, which is a pleasant surprise considering the capacity offered. Read and write is snappy, because, again, it doesn't feel like spinning rust on RAID6; perhaps SAS or SATA SSD on RAID6 if we take the ad at face value, however, I can't help but to wonder if they just provisioned users on their NVMe equipments despite the advertised difference, and just throttle via network instead. Also worth noting that RAID6 is also an interesting choice for enterprise offering, as I'd imagine most providers opt for RAID10 for the performance.

For what it's worth, I'm running some dockerized workloads (wiki, blog, data capturing solution etc.), but figured I'd eventually gradually expand over time, so I splurged for the largest instance. I'll also throw in my benchmark results for any future prospects:

# ./yabs.sh
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2023-04-23                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Sat Jul 22 00:47:34 PDT 2023

Basic System Information:
    Uptime     : 1 days, 5 hours, 59 minutes
    Processor  : Intel Core Processor (Broadwell)
    CPU cores  : 4 @ 2194.916 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 3.8 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 3.9 TiB
    Distro     : Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
    Kernel     : 5.15.0-71-generic
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ❌ Offline

IPv4 Network Information:
    ISP        : CV Operations
    ASN        : AS36824 Adtaq Internet, LLC
    Host       : ADTAQ
    Location   : Coeur d'Alene, Idaho (ID)
    Country    : United States

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    Read       | 111.10 MB/s  (27.7k) | 1.41 GB/s    (22.1k)
    Write      | 111.40 MB/s  (27.8k) | 1.42 GB/s    (22.2k)
    Total      | 222.50 MB/s  (55.6k) | 2.84 GB/s    (44.4k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 4.95 GB/s     (9.6k) | 370.42 MB/s    (361)
    Write      | 5.22 GB/s    (10.1k) | 395.09 MB/s    (385)
    Total      | 10.18 GB/s   (19.8k) | 765.52 MB/s    (746)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.24 Gbits/sec  | busy            | 137 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.46 Gbits/sec  | busy            | 149 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 1.13 Gbits/sec  | 1.06 Gbits/sec  | 154 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 913 Mbits/sec   | 520 Mbits/sec   | 224 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 2.00 Gbits/sec  | 186 Mbits/sec   | 66.5 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 2.22 Gbits/sec  | 1.00 Gbits/sec  | 99.6 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 2.54 Gbits/sec  | 2.00 Gbits/sec  | 33.8 ms

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 772
    Multi Core      | 2481
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/1998573

YABS completed in 13 min 54 sec

Overall, I think this is worth the money. I'm still colo'ing a PE2950 with DataShack/NOCIX from over a decade ago for way more annually. If ADTAQ is here for the long haul, I'm happy to be here for the long haul.

These aren't NVMe and the ad is accurate, promise :)

We've learned some lessons on how to get the most out of spinning rust in our many years of consulting experience so we applied them here and are pretty happy with the results.

Long haul customers that can appreciate the value of our offering is exactly who we are after, so it is really great to hear you say this. I am really excited to see people joining up because it means we can improve our offering for all of our customers even further. It is very hard to pace myself when it comes to investing in additional features and performance improvements for.you all, but in order to stick around for the long haul we need to run a healthy business first and add fancy new hotness features afterward.

Thanks for the feedback and review!

• ss93ss93 Member

Great deals! Sucks I missed it :D