Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

US colo options with basic DDoS protection
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

US colo options with basic DDoS protection

HarmonyHarmony Member
edited July 2023 in Help

I'm searching for some cheap colo in the USA. Location does not really matter it will be my first US colo location will end up getting a few locations. The requirements I need are 1/2 Rack with 1920w+ power and 1Gbps unmetered. NOCIX was my first option for being so cheap but with the recent power outage and lack of DDoS protection (I don't expect many attacks but basic protection is required) I started looking elsewhere.

Two good offers I have found so far are

Tier.net
Central USA: Dallas, Texas Half-Rack 21U Colocation

• 10A @ 208V
  • 30TB @ 1Gbps Bandwidth
  • 20Gbps DDoS Protection
  • /27 (29 Usable IPv4s Included)
  • Shared Locking Cabinet
    $429/mo! - This offer gets ruined by the very high bandwidth prices

Psychz.net
Dallas (US S. Central)
Shared Locking Cabinet
20RU Rack Space Colocation
20A / 120V Power Circuit (16A Usable)

• 1Gbps Bandwidth
• 1Gbps Network Uplink (Upgrade to 10Gbps Port for $199 Setup -- $99/Month)
• /27 Private VLAN (29 Usable IPs)
• 2Gbps DDoS-Shield On-Premise Mitigation
• Anti-DDoS Monitoring Panel

Dallas seems to be the go to place for cheap US hosting, but there are quite a few close to the prices above. They both seem like very reputable providers (except for Psychz.net sometimes upping their prices???) - Who else should I be looking at? I found these on WHT when I reach out to providers direct they seem to always ask too much.

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Fiberhub has some good options as well :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1Harmony
  • @Francisco said:

Francisco

Their prices do thanks.

Prices on their website are final in your experience or do they run specials?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Harmony said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Their prices do thanks.

Prices on their website are final in your experience or do they run specials?

You can always email [email protected] and see what Billy can do.

They also run sales on WHT every so often.

Francisco

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@Ernie - dedipath
    sharktech might be an option as well

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

I'll tell you right now, I do not recommend choosing either of those providers. As a Dallas local, I am always looking around for the best offer. I do have space in Evocative DAL4 (former Carrier-1 Facility) and Equinix DA3. Fiberhub for the price will be your best bet, reach out to me as I'm anyway looking for a bit more space and can get you a deal (and toss some remote hands aswell).

[email protected]

• HarmonyHarmony Member
    edited July 2023

@aqua said:
    I'll tell you right now, I do not recommend choosing either of those providers. As a Dallas local, I am always looking around for the best offer. I do have space in Evocative DAL4 (former Carrier-1 Facility) and Equinix DA3. Fiberhub for the price will be your best bet, reach out to me as I'm anyway looking for a bit more space and can get you a deal (and toss some remote hands aswell).

[email protected]

Why would you not suggest either of them?

To be honest I wont ever really look for sharing a rack with someone, trusting a large company with my equipment is enough for me I don't want to trust individuals/resellers.

• @aqua said: I'll tell you right now, I do not recommend choosing either of those providers.

You first respond with "I don't recommend anyone" without any reason, which is fine.

@aqua said: I do have space in Evocative DAL4 (former Carrier-1 Facility) and Equinix DA3. Fiberhub for the price will be your best bet, reach out to me as I'm anyway looking for a bit more space and can get you a deal

And then you say the OP should come to you instead of the other options while not giving any reasons why? Could you explain why we should NOT go to "Fiberhub" or "DediPath". In my opinion very shady :smiley:

Okami

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

@0xOkami said:

@aqua said: I'll tell you right now, I do not recommend choosing either of those providers.

You first respond with "I don't recommend anyone" without any reason, which is fine.

@aqua said: I do have space in Evocative DAL4 (former Carrier-1 Facility) and Equinix DA3. Fiberhub for the price will be your best bet, reach out to me as I'm anyway looking for a bit more space and can get you a deal

And then you say the OP should come to you instead of the other options while not giving any reasons why? Could you explain why we should NOT go to "Fiberhub" or "DediPath". In my opinion very shady :smiley:

Okami

I stated that I do not recommend Tier.net or Psychz. I will not go into full detail as I am unaware what I can and can't say (due to contract reasons and for my clients safety).

On another note Fiberhub and Dedipath are phenomenal companies and would recommend them to anyone anyday for their hub locations. I myself use Fiberhub in Las Vegas, and have worked with Dedipath in the past and have had nothing but good to say about them.