Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I will advise you to Stay Away From Dedipath
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I will advise you to Stay Away From Dedipath

First, the network condition is very bad, often goes offline, and the bandwidth is always less than 1Gbps.
These are not the most disgusting things to me. I asked them to change a node for me. After wrangling for a long time, they finally agreed. Then I found my disk size was reduced from 100Gb to 30Gb. Their argument was that there was a bug in my original vps, and the configuration was not accurate.

How the hell I know it's a bug? I just buy the plan I need, who cares if it is a bug?
They refused to adjust me back to the original configuration, and more they even ask me to pay more for the extra disk fee because I used it for months. After that, they closed the ticket.

I will strongly advise you to think twice when buying dedipath.

Thanked by 1niceboy

Comments

• wuckwuck Member

So we need to stay away because they saw an error/bug and fixed it?

• aRNoLDaRNoLD Member

generally, I'll tell my plan (in this post/thread), that is, the config details when I placed the order and made the purchase.

then compare the two, I'll know if the gap is a bug, or sth.

what people get is the config from what the dealer publishes, not what they obtained.

• So you ordered a 30GB server they gave you 100GB by mistake you hide the fact for 8 months then complain when they caught it
    this is just ridiculous...

• EnvidaEnvida Member
    edited July 2023

@wyy1621 said:
    First, the network condition is very bad, often goes offline, and the bandwidth is always less than 1Gbps.
    These are not the most disgusting things to me. I asked them to change a node for me. After wrangling for a long time, they finally agreed. Then I found my disk size was reduced from 100Gb to 30Gb.

I'm assuming you mean 100 GB (Gigabyte) and 30GB, not Gb (Gigabit) 100Gb is only 12.5GB and 30Gb is only 3.75GB. Capitalisation is important here otherwise you could get the wrong amount of space ;) .

>

Their argument was that there was a bug in my original vps, and the configuration was not accurate.

So for a whole 8 months you've had more resources than you've been paying for. That's a win on your part.

How the hell I know it's a bug? I just buy the plan I need, who cares if it is a bug?
    They refused to adjust me back to the original configuration, and more they even ask me to pay more for the extra disk fee because I used it for months. After that, they closed the ticket.

If I'm reading your post right, you think they are trying to charge you for the 8 months of free extra resources you've already had?

They aren't asking you to pay more for what you've already used, they are saying that if you want it bumped back up to 100GB you are going to have to pay the appropriate fee going forward.

As @wuck said, @Dedipath found a bug and fixed it. Get over it.

• alexlualexlu Member

"Posted by 11111 11111"

Hello, 11111!

• It seems you are abusing the Provider, even after they accepted the fact it was a Bug

Thanked by 1khalequzzaman
  • alright guy, I bought this account from other and thought it's 100gb at the beginning, my bad.
    but the network is truly too bad, i still not recommend

• swat4swat4 Member

Let's hear the other side of the story from @Ernie ;)

• _MS__MS_ Member

• ifreakifreak Member

• JabJabJabJab Member

My guy look at your invoice. Does it say 100GB or 30GB?

If it says 100GB then hunt them down.
    If it says 30GB then what else do you expect them to do?

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@wyy1621 said:
    alright guy, I bought this account from other and thought it's 100gb at the beginning, my bad.
    but the network is truly too bad, i still not recommend

At that point, you broke one of their rules, which would give them a good reason to kick you out forever

• titustitus Member

I have 3 VM (1x KVM, 2x OVZ) with DediPath and my experience is very good overall. Their support fast and friendly, @Ernie also very helpful on the forum.

Sadly, if the mentioned 'extras storage' was a bug only and not the part of the ordered (paid) service, that's all understandable and correct from their side.

• I will advise providers to stay away from OP.

Thanked by 2PineappleM bruh21
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I will advise providers to stay away from 11111 11111.

• @Croissant said:
    So you ordered a 30GB server they gave you 100GB by mistake you hide the fact for 8 months then complain when they caught it
    this is just ridiculous...

Some people have absolutely no shame.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • conceptconcept Member
    edited July 2023

Like others have stated...
    I would stay away from OP. Seems super sus.

From my experience, their old control panel was terrible. Every time I bought one of their Hybrid servers, it would either be stuck in grub rescue or OS emergency mode and I have to contact them to manually mount an iso so I can reinstall it because none of their templates worked.

But.. Dedipath is always quick to respond and resolve the issues. Their servers and network have been solid since. I'm glad they switched to a better control panel now.

• First thing you should do when you get a server is cross-check that what you got is what you paid for. If you notice that you got more than what you paid for, then you shut up and don't give the provider any kind of hint that they overprovisioned you.

OVH comes to my mind when I think about this... their network pipes are all sorts of messed up (gigabit on SYS or whatnot) and everyone stays hush hush about it (and rightfully so).

The host is right to correct the overprovisioned resources. If you wanted the 100 GB you should have stayed quiet about it rather than give support a reason to look at your VPS plan. Take it as a learning lesson moving forward.

• Probably best if you dont let them know that you bought the account from shady merchant either.
    Next time buy your own shit.

Thanked by 2skorous MannDude
  • emghemgh Member

It seems there’s often a language barrier in cases where someone expects way too much, are rude towards the support, uses fake details, bought the account second-hand without transfering the server correctly, complaining that a shared port isn’t always completely maxing out etc

It’s like 1-3 of the above, and it could be anyone, all of them, and it’s very often clearly Google Translate involved

Maybe it could be as easy as: Clients with a language barrier have a hard time fully being able to understand the rules stated?

If so, why not just ask the provider to clearify?

Do all providers need the @jar branded 18 checkboxes to confirm you won’t do every single bad thing that you possibly could do for these threads to come down a bit in quantity?

Thanked by 1jar