Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cyberpanel / Shared Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cyberpanel / Shared Hosting

JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

Hey Guys

with Cyber Panel being one of the newer players on the block there is not too much information about , has anyone been to or has tinkered with trying to setup Cyber Panel for shared hosting & linking to WHMCS for auto deployments ,

We use Cyber Panel internally for our systems as it fly's compared to alternatives.

Comments

• emghemgh Member

I mean it looks extremely easy, this whole project is a few hundred lines of code:

https://github.com/jetchirag/cyberpanel-whmcs/tree/master

You could probably redo it in an updated way very fast

Don't forget to share it with the community

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

@emgh said:
    I mean it looks extremely easy, this whole project is a few hundred lines of code:

Thanks ill take a look!

Thanked by 1emgh
  • I am using cyberpanel for providing shared hosting in a server (im not professional shared hosting provider, i am doing it for few of my clients and friends).there are several issues you're going to face. It's a solid panel for personal use as it use openlitespeed/litespeed which is better than apache and others and it has everything that you need to run a website. that's why I'm using it for very long time and in fact contributed few lines of codes in github. But for serious shared hosting business i will not recommend it. Because
    1. There is no way to limit resources usage instantly ( though it has option to block users file whenever they exceed disk usage limit, i have coded it myself thus I know. It's not working properly, cause users can still send email, even upload files inside whitelisted directory like lscache). I have no plan to update the code in future. So its an issue. There's another issue, They use simple cron job to update disk usage once everyday !! So if a customer have 500mb disk space limit he can upload more than 500mb files till cyberpanel check his account usage via cron job and lock his account. Assume your customer delete a file to free space and check disk usage it's still same as before removing the file ! How confusing! Disk usage calculation must be realtime.
    2. Ads and paid addon are everywhere. Your customer will be redirected to their official site by clicking addon links mistakenly. It will make bad impression
    3. Poor UI: Its confusing. After login you have to click website then list website then there is a small button called manage and you have to click it to view file manager and others options ! It should be easy like cpanel. Many of our customers were unable to get it. Moreover the options are very confusing for example there's no sub domain option they use addon domain option to create sub domain. Which is greatly confusing.
    4. File manager is too much buggy ! You can't upload a file incase file name has space or special characters. Even you cant use special characters in database or account password! File manager can't show the error properly most of times. It show blank error.

However, I am still using it for a shared hosting, you may ask even after these problem why I'm using it! Because i have modified it just the way my customer and i want. It's a lightweight awesome panel. So use it only if you can modify it and play with the code to customize it the way you like. The problem which i have mentioned can be easily solved and that's what i have done myself. If you can do you can proceed. Otherwise do not use it. Whmcs module can auto create/ suspend/terminate account without any issue.

• @emgh said:

It's been sometime since I worked on this but I would update it if there's any bug or feature improvements. There are currently only basic features because last time I checked, that's all CyberPanel's api supported. And I haven't received any complaints with new whmcs versions.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@jetchirag said:

@emgh said:

It's been sometime since I worked on this but I would update it if there's any bug or feature improvements. There are currently only basic features because last time I checked, that's all CyberPanel's api supported. And I haven't received any complaints with new whmcs versions.

Ah, I just imagine seeing "old" code that it dosen't work, and I'm usually right, but nice to see that it might work well still :)

After reading the author on Github again, I realised before I scrolled down to your comment that "hmm someone by that username is active on LET, must be that guy!"

I think the unanswered "issue" might have fooled me somewhat

@Jasonhyperhost maybe you don't even have to redo anything

Thanked by 1jetchirag
  • @jobayer said:
    I am using cyberpanel for providing shared hosting in a server (im not professional shared hosting provider, i am doing it for few of my clients and friends).there are several issues you're going to face. It's a solid panel for personal use as it use openlitespeed/litespeed which is better than apache and others and it has everything that you need to run a website. that's why I'm using it for very long time and in fact contributed few lines of codes in github. But for serious shared hosting business i will not recommend it. Because
    1. There is no way to limit resources usage instantly ( though it has option to block users file whenever they exceed disk usage limit, i have coded it myself thus I know. It's not working properly, cause users can still send email, even upload files inside whitelisted directory like lscache). I have no plan to update the code in future. So its an issue. There's another issue, They use simple cron job to update disk usage once everyday !! So if a customer have 500mb disk space limit he can upload more than 500mb files till cyberpanel check his account usage via cron job and lock his account. Assume your customer delete a file to free space and check disk usage it's still same as before removing the file ! How confusing! Disk usage calculation must be realtime.
    2. Ads and paid addon are everywhere. Your customer will be redirected to their official site by clicking addon links mistakenly. It will make bad impression
    3. Poor UI: Its confusing. After login you have to click website then list website then there is a small button called manage and you have to click it to view file manager and others options ! It should be easy like cpanel. Many of our customers were unable to get it. Moreover the options are very confusing for example there's no sub domain option they use addon domain option to create sub domain. Which is greatly confusing.
    4. File manager is too much buggy ! You can't upload a file incase file name has space or special characters. Even you cant use special characters in database or account password! File manager can't show the error properly most of times. It show blank error.

However, I am still using it for a shared hosting, you may ask even after these problem why I'm using it! Because i have modified it just the way my customer and i want. It's a lightweight awesome panel. So use it only if you can modify it and play with the code to customize it the way you like. The problem which i have mentioned can be easily solved and that's what i have done myself. If you can do you can proceed. Otherwise do not use it. Whmcs module can auto create/ suspend/terminate account without any issue.

Hi,
    . I wonder if you still use it or not? Maybe now you have more costumers or etc.
    The disk size problem is solved or not? Whats you final thoughts after you wrote your thoughts which is 2 years..

• COLBYLICIOUSCOLBYLICIOUS Member
    edited March 25

@mstgokcen said:

@jobayer said:
    I am using cyberpanel for providing shared hosting in a server (im not professional shared hosting provider, i am doing it for few of my clients and friends).there are several issues you're going to face. It's a solid panel for personal use as it use openlitespeed/litespeed which is better than apache and others and it has everything that you need to run a website. that's why I'm using it for very long time and in fact contributed few lines of codes in github. But for serious shared hosting business i will not recommend it. Because

Hi,
    . I wonder if you still use it or not? Maybe now you have more costumers or etc.
    The disk size problem is solved or not? Whats you final thoughts after you wrote your thoughts which is 2 years..

My advice is to opt for Enhance Control Panel, it's so easy to maintain and to have it setted. It has OpenLiteSpeed and Litespeed too like CyberPanel and in my opinion is more stable than CyberPanel.

Thanked by 1SharedGrid
  • seenuseenu Member

@COLBYLICIOUS any open source/free alternatives?

• @seenu said:

Other free panel is aaPanel. There are not many free panels compatible with OLS.

Thanked by 1seenu
  • @seenu said:

fastpanel its good for free panel, i have 2 vps using that panel

Thanked by 1seenu
  • JasonMJasonM Member

@Jasonhyperhost said: fly's compared to alternatives.

yes, i installed it on one of my vps. its lite-weight and basic and sleek.