Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS For WireGuard Server In A Country That Doesn't Have Twitch or YouTube Ads
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS For WireGuard Server In A Country That Doesn't Have Twitch or YouTube Ads

I'm looking for a VPS server for a WireGuard VPN setup in a country that doesn't have Twitch or YouTube ads.

I've heard countries like Russia, Moldova, Albania, etc don't get ads on these platforms. I'm open to other countries if you are confident big tech platforms don't like serving them ads.

Preferably 1-2 Gbps burst.
Only 2TB per month bandwidth total is necessary but more would be a bonus.

Must accept crypto (Bitcoin) bonus if Monero (XMR) is accepted.

This won't be a public VPN, just for friends and family.

I don't care about disk space. CPU and RAM should just be good enough to handle 5-10 VPN clients at the same time.

Budget is $5-10 per month USD.

Comments

• I'm pretty sure only countries that are sanctioned don't get ads, so not Albania or Moldova, but Russia or Belarus

Thanked by 24pple5auc3 AlbaHost
  • Feels like paying for YouTube premium would probably be cheaper at that point.

• MrRetslavMrRetslav Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2023

Ad blocker

• zGatozGato Member
    edited July 2023

@szymonp said:
    I'm pretty sure only countries that are sanctioned don't get ads, so not Albania or Moldova, but Russia or Belarus

Russia and Moldova has been tested personally and they don't have ads in either YouTube or Twitch.

Keep in mind Twitch system for serving ads is a bit weird, so I'll recommend you using a Russian VPS as their Twitch Ad System is "disabled". I think Moldova doesn't have it disabled, they just don't have ads. (Even if this doesn't make any sense, rest assured it's important)

Belarus probably doesn't have ads aswell.

And recommended Russian provider, go with Aeza (affiliated | non-affiliated). Their Moscow location is 10Gbit/s unlimited and they're a great provider.

Thanked by 14pple5auc3
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

I can't speak for Twitch, but I never see ads when watching YouTube in my browser (ad-blocker) and on my phone, I use New Pipe.

We also run https://incogtube.com which is a YouTube proxy, but will be switching to Piped soon which is at https://v2.incogtube.com

Don't need anything special for any of those options.

• I didn't realize this was a thing (because I too use NewPipe or STN beta) but in Nyr's wireguard script you can use Adguard DNS, and so far using my Luxembourg and Hungary VPNs, no ads on the youtube app. Pretty cool! Have to do a few more tests with my other VPNs.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@niknar1900 said:
    I didn't realize this was a thing (because I too use NewPipe or STN beta) but in Nyr's wireguard script you can use Adguard DNS, and so far using my Luxembourg and Hungary VPNs, no ads on the youtube app. Pretty cool! Have to do a few more tests with my other VPNs.

YouTube ads can't be blocked by DNS, they serve their ads from the same URL as their video content, so you can't block them outright. Same reason why PiHole doesn't block them.

You can still block them using uBlock Origin, though. Which is what I use on my desktop even when behind an ad-blocking VPN service like IncogVPN (beta).

• Aeza, Melbicom, Mivocloud.

• 0xbkt0xbkt Member
    edited July 2023

@zGato said:

@szymonp said:
    I'm pretty sure only countries that are sanctioned don't get ads, so not Albania or Moldova, but Russia or Belarus

Russia and Moldova has been tested personally and they don't have ads in either YouTube or Twitch.

Keep in mind Twitch system for serving ads is a bit weird, so I'll recommend you using a Russian VPS as their Twitch Ad System is "disabled". I think Moldova doesn't have it disabled, they just don't have ads. (Even if this doesn't make any sense, rest assured it's important)

And recommended Russian provider, go with Aeza (affiliated | non-affiliated). Their Moscow location is 10Gbit/s unlimited and they're a great provider.

Does this mean no ads being shown even in mobile apps? Could be useful if so to get a Russia VPN, so I can watch YouTube ad-free even on mobile. AdGuard already does the job for desktop browsing.

• zGatozGato Member
    edited July 2023

@0xbkt said:

@zGato said:

@szymonp said:

Does this mean no ads being shown even in mobile apps? Could be useful if so to get a Russia VPN, so I can watch YouTube ad-free even on mobile. AdGuard already does the job for desktop browsing.

I don't proxy all my connections through the proxy, I just use a PAC file (only compatible with WiFi) but yeah, a VPN on ad-free countries will do the job.
    If you proxy to Russia you'll get ad-free on Twitch, YouTube and even Spotify IIRC. Probably other sites too.

I'd recommend you the PAC file option, proxying your whole phone net through Russia is not a good idea in my opinion. You can take a look at what I currently use: https://perfprod.com/proxy/proxy.pac (I personally use Moldova as it just works for me and has better connectivity)

Thanked by 10xbkt
  • @0xbkt said:

@zGato said:

@szymonp said:

https://github.com/revanced/revanced-manager

https://github.com/qnblackcat/uYouPlus

• Try to get YouTube premium from India, it costs us about $5 for a year if bought a family plan so $30 for 6 users for a year.

Thanked by 1niknar1900
  • I'm using a russian VPS from hostvds exactly for this purpose. Btw before I did this I used a Belarussian VPN and youtube does show ads in Belarus.

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • jenkkijenkki Member

Use Ad Block DNS on your VPS

94.140.14.14 - 94.140.15.15

• jeghjegh Member
    edited July 2023

Hetzner IPs can also work for this purpose :)

I have a NAT VPS from Gullo Hosting (FIN-VZ1, IP 2a01:4f9:4a:1d8e::). Google has been geolocating this IP to Russia, Germany, UAE, and currently it is geolocated to Iran. It seems Google has difficulties to decide, since the location changes very frequently. When it's located to Iran or Russia you will get an ad-free experience on Youtube, while Germany and UAE will show ads.

Unfortunately, Spotify blacklists this IP completely (403 Forbidden)

• zGatozGato Member
    edited July 2023

@jegh said:
    Hetzner IPs can also work for this purpose :)

I have a NAT VPS from Gullo Hosting (FIN-VZ1, IP 2a01:4f9:4a:1d8e::). Google has been geolocating this IP to Russia, Germany, UAE, and currently it is geolocated to Iran. It seems Google has difficulties to decide, since the location changes very frequently. When it's located to Iran or Russia you will get an ad-free experience on Youtube, while Germany and UAE will show ads.

Unfortunately, Spotify blacklists this IP completely (403 Forbidden)

The issue with this is that you don't know when YouTube/GeoIP platforms will notice. Yeah, it's normal for all the seeders to get the real GeoIP every month, but you never know. Also Hetzner can require ID verification :)

Quick reminder that all Hetzner IPv4 blocks are not the same, and you may have gotten lucky.

• zGatozGato Member

@Entire8464 said:
    I'm using a russian VPS from hostvds exactly for this purpose. Btw before I did this I used a Belarussian VPN and youtube does show ads in Belarus.

You mean this?
    HostVDS is the shittiest provider I've used in years.

• TimRooTimRoo Member

@ehhthing said:
    Feels like paying for YouTube premium would probably be cheaper at that point.

Or use Brave, which I have yet to see ads on while using, or maybe even the new DuckDuckGo browser.

• https://www.zdnet.com/article/youtube-is-testing-an-ad-blocker-crackdown/

YouTube is starting to crackdown on traditional adblockers and starting to warn people that they can only watch 3 videos unless they disable their adblock. We may all have to buy VPS/VPN from these countries if they fully enact this new policy for good.

• @zGato said: all Hetzner IPv4 blocks are not the same

I had tried more than 4 blocks and they were all in Iran, and youtube home page is loaded with arab videos ( letters ) which for me i dont understand them at all, so i just decied to buy vps from firstbyte which works pretty good.

If you are on android tv.. its best to use https://github.com/yuliskov/SmartTubeNext
    and on browser just use uBlock Origin

• zGatozGato Member

@emperor said:

@zGato said: all Hetzner IPv4 blocks are not the same

I had tried more than 4 blocks and they were all in Iran, and youtube home page is loaded with arab videos ( letters ) which for me i dont understand them at all, so i just decied to buy vps from firstbyte which works pretty good.

If you are on android tv.. its best to use https://github.com/yuliskov/SmartTubeNext
    and on browser just use uBlock Origin

FirstByte is really cheap for what you get tbh. I've used them not too long ago and 100% uptime amazing performance-price ratio.

I've used Hetzner in the past for a personal VPN and can't remember watching YouTube with Iran recommendations, could be recently moved subnets, but 4 blocks all the same, lol

• ehhthingehhthing Member
    edited July 2023

@NewbieInTraining said:
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/youtube-is-testing-an-ad-blocker-crackdown/

YouTube is starting to crackdown on traditional adblockers and starting to warn people that they can only watch 3 videos unless they disable their adblock. We may all have to buy VPS/VPN from these countries if they fully enact this new policy for good.

Feels like the solution is to just stop watching YouTube. VIdeo hosting isn't free y'know, if you don't want to pay for it (via YT Premium) and you don't want ads then just stop watching it :)

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • zGatozGato Member

@ehhthing said:

@NewbieInTraining said:

Feels like the solution is to just stop watching YouTube. VIdeo hosting isn't free y'know, if you don't want to pay for it (via YT Premium) and you don't want ads then just stop watching it :)

All the data Google stoles from me is sufficient for me to get ad-free.

Thanked by 10xbkt
  • emghemgh Member

@zGato said:

@ehhthing said:

@NewbieInTraining said:

To be fair

You agree to that by using their services

If anything is stealing it’s you watching the content while blocking the ads

I do it too

But realistically, you’re the one stealing

• @zGato said:

@Entire8464 said:
    I'm using a russian VPS from hostvds exactly for this purpose. Btw before I did this I used a Belarussian VPN and youtube does show ads in Belarus.

You mean this?

In my experience they were only good for like the first 2 months then their service just recently went to shit. My VPS kept going down constantly.

• @emgh said:

@zGato said:

@ehhthing said:

@NewbieInTraining said:

To be fair

I do it too

I would only reconsider turning off my adblock if youtube actually fixes their ad issue. Super unregulated and very annoying.

I would get 2-3 midroll ads + Scam advertisements + Blasphemously loud as fuck advertisement that will blow your ears out if you didnt turn it down fast enough.

• emghemgh Member

@listerine90 said:

@emgh said:

@zGato said:

@ehhthing said:

@NewbieInTraining said:

To be fair

I do it too

I would only reconsider turning off my adblock if youtube actually fixes their ad issue. Super unregulated and very annoying.

I would get 2-3 midroll ads + Scam advertisements + Blasphemously loud as fuck advertisement that will blow your ears out if you didnt turn it down fast enough.

I feel you

I literally get 2 ads at the start of every video

Every. Video.

Only on phone though, where I don’t adblock

• zGatozGato Member
    edited July 2023

@listerine90 said:

@zGato said:

@Entire8464 said:

You mean this?

In my experience they were only good for like the first 2 months then their service just recently went to shit. My VPS kept going down constantly.

Same as you, once they posted here on LET, everything working flawlessly, then all went to shit.

Account balance disapearing, bandwidth not resetting, VPS that seem those preemptible that Yandex Cloud or Google Cloud provide, ...

• zGatozGato Member

@emgh said:

@zGato said:

@ehhthing said:

@NewbieInTraining said:

To be fair

I do it too

I agree, but calling AdBlocking "stealing" is a bit too excessive.

• ehhthingehhthing Member
    edited July 2023

@zGato said:

@ehhthing said:

@NewbieInTraining said:

A company has provided a service to you, under the condition that either you pay for it (YouTube Premium) or you watch ads that they track. Sure you don't want them to track you online, but that leaves the simple option of just paying for the service instead? It's like you've been given two options for how to pay for a service that you're using and you've decided to do neither.

I think there's a huge misunderstanding what "selling your data" means. YouTube doesn't sell your data. YouTube sells the ability to target you to advertisers, there's no actual data changing hands here (after all, if YouTube actually sold your data, they'd pretty quickly run out of data to sell, it's so much more profitable for them to sell ads because selling ads is essentially a pay-per-use service that requires advertisers to pay everytime they want to target you with an ad). Thus, buying YouTube premium essentially removes you from being targeted with ads, and removes that profitability for YouTube on that end, which is exactly why they charge you for it.

I really do not see any reason why paying for YouTube Premium isn't an acceptable solution. You don't see ads anymore and you also don't have your data """sold""" to third parties.

So either pay for the service you've been provided or don't use it. You can't argue that it's morally right to use a service you haven't paid for, nobody is forcing you to watch YouTube. You don't need YouTube to live.

Thanked by 2zGato yoursunny