Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[OVHcloud] NEW VPS Limited Edition | AMD EPYC w/ NVMe | Up to 16 vCores | Up to 2Gbps Bandwidth
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[OVHcloud] NEW VPS Limited Edition | AMD EPYC w/ NVMe | Up to 16 vCores | Up to 2Gbps Bandwidth

OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider
edited July 2023 in Offers

Hi LET community,

Happy to share that we have launched a new line of virtual servers based on the AMD EPYC platform available in limited quantities.

Key Features:

• Full root access
  • Anti-DDoS protection
  • One-click upgrade
  • Linux & Windows distribution options
  • cPanel, Plesk, Docker application options
  • Europe or North America locations

VLE-2

• 2 vCores
  • 2GB RAM
  • 40GB SSD NVMe
  • 500Mbps Unmetered Bandwidth
  • From US$5.06/month

How to buy? Please choose according to your location:
Asia (Billing in US$): Order Now
Australia (Billing in A$): Order Now
India (Billing in US$): Order Now
Singapore (Billing in S$): Order Now
Europe (Billing in Euros): Order Now
Rest of the world (Billing in US$): Order Now

Comments

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2023

@OVH_APAC

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 - Been waiting ages for these!! :)

It Seems the 4k IOPS may be limited, is this correct?

also, did you have a date for UK release please?

• I would like to express that I do not intend to make a purchase from your company. After the machine purchase, there is a requirement to undergo order verification. It has been a week, and the verification process has still not been completed. I must say that I am not impressed with the efficiency of your work.

Thanked by 2maverick moodwriter
  • @heroixinu said:
    I would like to express that I do not intend to make a purchase from your company. After the machine purchase, there is a requirement to undergo order verification. It has been a week, and the verification process has still not been completed. I must say that I am not impressed with the efficiency of your work.

Don't bother, you will need to pay setup fees if you want to purchase more as an existing customer. Not worth all the trouble to become their customer despite having patience with their support for years.

Thanked by 2PineappleM angelius
  • OVH work efficiency is too low, everything needs to be verified, not as good as HETZNER

• 88xrzs88xrzs Member

I have tried to register an OVH account, but there is no option for China when selecting a country/region, it seems that OVH does not welcome Chinese people to order their services

• boringHustlerboringHustler Member, Host Rep

@OVH_APAC 4G to 16G is a big gap. How about a 8G or 12G to fill the gap.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@OVH_APAC said:
    From US$10.12/month
    From US$41.40/month

Offer violates rules: exceed price ceiling.
    Burned datacenter is not above the law.

• @boringHustler said:
    @OVH_APAC 4G to 16G is a big gap. How about a 8G or 12G to fill the gap.

Should expect 4x the storage space too.

These are limited services, basically a pre release before the full range I would expect.

• How do I buy this in United States?

• bulabula Member

@dragonballz2k said:
    How do I buy this in United States?

Don't believe they have these offers at the US DCs. They do offer out of Canada BHS DC

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@OVH_APAC said: US$41.40/month

above the LET price guide rule:

Only post offers that are less than or equal to $10/month, or equivalent recurring.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/153228/lowendtalk-selling-rules-updated-april-2023/p1

• @bula said:

@dragonballz2k said:

Don't believe they have these offers at the US DCs. They do offer out of Canada BHS DC

I tried creating an account using the "Rest of the world (Billing in US$):", but united states is not listed in the country of residence?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I have removed VLE-4 and VLE-16 as their prices are above the limit for VPSes.

• Warsaw or any other locations in EU will be soon available?

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@Matix8981 said:
    Warsaw or any other locations in EU will be soon available?

London, Warsaw and the US happening this month

@ninzo59 Looking forward to UK, would be grateful if you could ping me when it's live please :) I am checking 4 times a day :dizzy:

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2023

@heroixinu said:
    I would like to express that I do not intend to make a purchase from your company. After the machine purchase, there is a requirement to undergo order verification. It has been a week, and the verification process has still not been completed. I must say that I am not impressed with the efficiency of your work.

Hi @heroixinu , could you PM us your details and we will try to push it from our side? Thanks in advance!

@DP said:
    I have removed VLE-4 and VLE-16 as their prices are above the limit for VPSes.

Thanks admin! Apologies for that, posted in a hurry :D

@dragonballz2k said:

Hi @dragonballz2k , if you are from the US, you will be able to purchase it from the US website once it's released

• emghemgh Member

So I guess this is them realizing the ”cheap cloud market” is too big to give to Hetzner without at least some competition

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@emgh said:
    So I guess this is them realizing the ”cheap cloud market” is too big to give to Hetzner without at least some competition

But as a customer, is it really worth it?

• emghemgh Member

@MikeA said:

@emgh said:

But as a customer, is it really worth it?

Honestly for me, no

But that’s because OVH is my biggest provider

What I don’t already have on there is for a reason

Although

The deals might not be that good

But they’re probably good enough to stop someone from creating a Hetzner account for the Cloud if he/she already got OVH dedis

• @OVH_APAC said:

Hi @dragonballz2k , if you are from the US, you will be able to purchase it from the US website once it's released

Will USA customers get this VPS Limited Discount, or we will pay full price when it release in the USA?

• @OVH_APAC
    If a Chinese individual wants to apply for VAT exemption on ovh.ie, but your tax department only exempts VAT for businesses and not individuals (although it used to be possible before and I'm not sure why it changed), can a business be exempted from VAT if they provide untranslated (Chinese) business documents and identification information? Also, your ticket response time is too slow, and it's really frustrating.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
    edited July 2023

@dragonballz2k said:

@OVH_APAC said:

Will USA customers get this VPS Limited Discount, or we will pay full price when it release in the USA?

For USA customers (or for those wanting a US hosted VPS limited edition), they should arrived by end of July in our US based datacenters and you will be able to purchase via our US portal: https://us.ovhcloud.com/. (same promotional pricing).

For customers wanting these VPS hosted in EUrope or Canada:

• emghemgh Member
    edited July 2023

Damn, this really went over my head

By ”limited edition” I was thinking lower in stock

Not lower in pricing

Edit: It says ”limited quantities” too

@Replenishment said:
    @OVH_APAC
    If a Chinese individual wants to apply for VAT exemption on ovh.ie, but your tax department only exempts VAT for businesses and not individuals (although it used to be possible before and I'm not sure why it changed), can a business be exempted from VAT if they provide untranslated (Chinese) business documents and identification information? Also, your ticket response time is too slow, and it's really frustrating.

Hello @Replenishment , unfortunately OVHcloud do not accept chinese customers and registering with another country will trigger some alerts/fraud system causing the closure of your account.

Thanked by 1xiaozhinian
  • RurikoRuriko Member

@OVH_APAC Does anyone even work in US Kimsufi Support? I already submitted a ticket in the kimsufi control panel a week ago and no one has answered

• @OVH_APAC said:

@dragonballz2k said:

@OVH_APAC said:

For USA customers (or for those wanting a US hosted VPS limited edition), they should arrived by end of July in our US based datacenters and you will be able to purchase via our US portal: https://us.ovhcloud.com/. (same promotional pricing).

For customers wanting these VPS hosted in EUrope or Canada:

hello my friend.
    There are still a few days until the end of July, will this limited edition AMD VPS be available in the US?
    I can't wait to try this product, especially a VPS located in the United States.

@OVH_APAC @ninzo59 any update on UK for AMD VPS please?

Thanked by 1Asim