Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hybula | News, Roadmap & Feedback Topic
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hybula | News, Roadmap & Feedback Topic

HybulaHybula Member, Patron Provider

Welcome Hybula's News, Developments & Feedback topic on LET. In this topic we will share our roadmap, our recent developments, and all useful news.
Besides that we are open for feedback and tips, so let us know!

Our background

Most of you will already have heard of us, but for those who have not let's start with an "about us". We are Hybula B.V., a Dutch privately owned business since 2017, ran by Dutch local staff which primarily offers services related to the hosting business. Particularly cloud, colocation, managed NOC, and IP transit. Read more about our background and meet our team here. We are a company with a face, our customers are not numbers but true partners. We strive to be the best in communication, transparency, and premiumness. Hence the "prembula" nickname we got!

Our operation

We operate our own backbone in the Netherlands, with diverse dark fiber paths, owned network equipment, and rack space in all major data centers. This all started back in early 2022 when we launched ERA-IX, a new era of internet exchanging. In late 2022 we invested heavily in our local TIER-3 DC to make it our primary one for most of our infrastructure and services. It's located in our hometown Doetinchem, the data center is operated by our partner InterDC. Here is map locating our facility with redundant connectivity:

Besides our primary location, we have extensive coverage of the most popular locations in Amsterdam. Tightly interconnected through our dark fiber infrastructure:

Our services

We currently have a well-developed portfolio of services available:

• Cloud services (Sector Cloud, or fully managed cloud)
  • IP Transit through our premium blend
  • Colocation in our local facility
  • DDoS-protection
  • Internet Exchange
  • Managed NOC services

Our roadmap

https://docs.hybula.com/hybula/organization/roadmap

Community

Hybula values the community, we are going to invest more time and development into the community. Join our Discord to stay in the loop about our progress!

Feedback

Would you like us to improve something? Let us know :)

Thank you for your time and stay tuned about new things coming soon! Our staff will keep this topic up-to-date with developments.

Comments

• Keep going, keep improving @Hybula!

Thanked by 1Hybula
  • lower prices, offer 3€/month vps ;)

Thanked by 1Hybula
  • jimaekjimaek Member

I really like your work, always good designs and UX, especially ERA-IX.

Thanked by 1Hybula
  • Keep it up Taimer and team! Love your work!

Thanked by 1Hybula
  • danblazedanblaze Member
    edited July 2023

Hybula is indeed a respectable team and the experience of dealing with them so far has been quite pleasant.

Cloud services are all really decent hardware, no overly cheap packages.

It's not so lowendtalk, however you don't get some noisy neighbors and get a more consistent quality of service. I think this is an understandable and reasonable approach.

Thanked by 1Hybula
  • HybulaHybula Member, Patron Provider

@febryanvaldo said:
    Keep going, keep improving @Hybula!

Thank you!

@hyperblast said:
    lower prices, offer 3€/month vps ;)

This will never happen unfortunately :neutral:

@jimaek said:
    I really like your work, always good designs and UX, especially ERA-IX.

Thank you for your kind words, we also really like your work and will get in touch with you soon to host a probe :smile:

Thanked by 1jimaek

@Merakith said:
    Keep it up Taimer and team! Love your work!

Thank you @Merakith!

@danblaze said:
    Hybula is indeed a respectable team and the experience of dealing with them so far has been quite pleasant.

Cloud services are all really decent hardware, no overly cheap packages.

It's not so lowendtalk, however you don't get some noisy neighbors and get a more consistent quality of service. I think this is an understandable and reasonable approach.

Wow, glad to have you!

edited July 2023

We've now integrated and automated Discord Linking through our portal, it allows customers with an active service to get the Customer role: https://community.hybula.com/d/24-official-discord-server

We've added Liberty Global AS6830 to our blend for better routing to major ISPs in Europe. B)

• LeviLevi Member

Hail the emperor of humanity! I sense same vibes as it was with terrahost. New, fresh energy for customers. Sadly, the price is on a higher end.

@LTniger said:
    Hail the emperor of humanity! I sense same vibes as it was with terrahost. New, fresh energy for customers. Sadly, the price is on a higher end.

Thank you! Maybe this is a better deal?
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/187476/hybula-sector-enterprise-cloud-epyc-milan-50gb-nvme-4gb-ram-anti-ddos-nl-free-vps/p1?new=1

• @LTniger said: Hail the emperor of humanity! I sense same vibes as it was with terrahost. New, fresh energy for customers. Sadly, the price is on a higher end.

Check their new offering, it's way cheaper.

• @Hybula said:

@febryanvaldo said:
    Keep going, keep improving @Hybula!

Thank you!

@hyperblast said:

This will never happen unfortunately :neutral:

:)

3,4615384615384615384615384615385 € / month for EPYC-PROMO1 👍

• kaitkait Member

@hyperblast said:

Cheaper BGP :smile: for the many hobbynets out there :smile:

• It is suggested that free bgp full route sessions should be provided. more monthly traffic

@kait said:

@hyperblast said:

We prefer to work with more serious businesses, hobbynets are of course welcome.

@winer said:
    It is suggested that free bgp full route sessions should be provided. more monthly traffic

More traffic is something that we are already working on, as soon as our new wave is ready we can increase it.

Regarding the BGP sessions, free is not possible as it involves in one-time work by our NOC team. We charge €50 one time for a BGP setup, which is really not much. It's also to prevent abuse (people randomly requesting it, using it for a month, and then canceling it). But it all depends on the total picture, customer MRR, project, type of service etc.

• kaitkait Member

@Hybula said: We prefer to work with more serious businesses, hobbynets are of course welcome.

I know, to each there own, keep up the great work with the IXP and the prem network :heart:

Thanked by 1Hybula
  • @Hybula said:

@kait said:

@hyperblast said:

We prefer to work with more serious businesses, hobbynets are of course welcome.

@winer said:
    It is suggested that free bgp full route sessions should be provided. more monthly traffic

More traffic is something that we are already working on, as soon as our new wave is ready we can increase it.

Regarding the BGP sessions, free is not possible as it involves in one-time work by our NOC team. We charge €50 one time for a BGP setup, which is really not much. It's also to prevent abuse (people randomly requesting it, using it for a month, and then canceling it). But it all depends on the total picture, customer MRR, project, type of service etc.

Most BGP users are relatively stable users. If I think your service is good, I can prepay for a few months.

• What BGP hobby brings to the user? You just setup session and observe tracert?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Hybula

I have only one feedback for you: Hybula clearly is my #1 provider in Europe.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    • push

@winer said:

@Hybula said:

@kait said:

@hyperblast said:

@winer said:

Most BGP users are relatively stable users. If I think your service is good, I can prepay for a few months.

They are usually not, it's generally high maintenance/support for too little profit. However, from time to time we try to help the community and give back :smile:

@jsg said:
    @Hybula

I have only one feedback for you: Hybula clearly is my #1 provider in Europe.

Thank you for your kind words! Happy to have you as a customer.

@jsg said:

• push

Sorry for the delay, we're working hard on our new office. We will post an update soon!

For those who missed it, our new flagship location is now located in Amsterdam. Existing services are moved (some of them are already moved): https://www.hybula.com/blog/17/moving-to-our-new-flagship-dc-in-amsterdam

We will be having some very cool BF deals this week! Stay tuned! :sunglasses:

Thanked by 1ssssteveson
  • @Hybula said: For those who missed it, our new flagship location is now located in Amsterdam. Existing services are moved (some of them are already moved): https://www.hybula.com/blog/17/moving-to-our-new-flagship-dc-in-amsterdam

We will be having some very cool BF deals this week! Stay tuned! :sunglasses:

I miss that place, Iron Mountain looks amazing, I need to find someone to give me a tour again :blush:

• Any BF sales planned? :)

For those interested, our BF deal is here!
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/190384/hybula-cloud-epyc-genoa-nl-anti-ddos-new-ams-dc-free-vps-unmetered-black-friday/p1

Our blend now also includes access to Vodafone and Orange (both paid peering).

Good news! As of today, we have changed our bandwidth policy for our Cloud instances: we will only count outgoing traffic. Incoming traffic is free!

This change has been applied to ALL existing and new Cloud instances. Customers don't have to do anything.

We're happy to announce that we are improving our network AS35133 even more, as most of you know we've split our service portfolio and moved all infrastructure (non-cloud) under our sister company Eranium (which also operates ERA-IX). As of this week, we have added Arelion to our blend. In the upcoming weeks, we will upgrade our Liberty Global peering into full transit, and add Cogent as upstream as well.

This is all in preparation for our own in-house DDoS mitigation platform, so we don't have to rely on third parties and offer a better security solution.

Stay tuned as we will also launch our new Hybula website this week! :smile: