Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wasabi Price Increases
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wasabi Price Increases

https://wasabi.com/cloud-storage-pricing/

Important: Beginning on August 1, 2023 Wasabi is implementing a price increase from $5.99 per TB/month to $6.99 per TB/month for Object Storage.

More info:

Existing PAYG customers won't see the increase until Oct 2023. Bandwidth is still free which is nice I guess.

Thanked by 2jlet88 bdl

Comments

• Storage is getting cheaper meanwhile let’s put the prices up on storage

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

Still preety decent for there storage in Primarily Eqinox DC's! our Backups use Wasabi

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2023

For real though, they make object storage simple to budget, I can get behind them adjusting for inflation.

Thanked by 3bdl lukehebb ooowwww
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Never heard of them. I thought the local Japanese steakhouse was going to start charging me for extra wasabi. Glad that's not the case. ;)

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

@MannDude said:
    Never heard of them. I thought the local Japanese steakhouse was going to start charging me for extra wasabi. Glad that's not the case. ;)

Very weird name anyone ive mentioned them too , your sure you talking about a backup provider not a food?

you laugh at them but they are solid!

we in the process of Moving from the DE DC to the UK , keep everything in the UK

• LeviLevi Member
    edited July 2023

Sushi is still edible without wasabi. When rice price would go up - than it is a sad day.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@LTniger said:
    Sushi is still edible without wasabi. When rice price would go up - than it is a sad day.

Rice, is that S3 compatible?

Thanked by 1mrTom
  • lukehebblukehebb Member
    edited July 2023

@jar said: For real though, they make object storage simple to budget, I can get behind them adjusting for inflation.

Yeah I remember I got the email and my initial thought just reading the subject was "oh god here we go, like everything else"

Then I saw it only increased by $1/mo/TB. Just forwarded it to accounts to give them a heads up but nobody is bothered, its such a small increase alongside everything else that it doesn't matter

@corbpie said: Storage is getting cheaper meanwhile let’s put the prices up on storage

To be fair, the cost of electricity hasn't gone back to normal and probably won't go back to normal for a while (excluding random drops such as this weekend hitting negative here in europe at least)

When the cost of electricity skyrocketed last year Wasabi didn't increase their price, so I guess things have caught up with them a bit now