Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a dedicated/VDS/VPS in Singapore location
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a dedicated/VDS/VPS in Singapore location

Hello there,
I'm seeking for a dedicated server or virtual private server with the following criteria.

CPU: at least 4 cores (dedicated preferable).
RAM: 32 GB or 48 GB (must be dedicated).
Minimum disk space: 100GB (NVME with high IO, raid 10 preferable for vps and raid 1 for dedicated server).
Bandwidth: 50GB or 100GB (minimum 100MBps, preferably 1GBps) My app uses less than 20GB of bandwidth each month.
Budget: between $30 and $40 per month.

I examined the Contabo and hosthatch packages. Which one do you think is the best in terms of performance and reliability? I don't require assistance as long as the server is operational.

Could you please recommend a provider in Singapore that is within my budget?

Comments

• If it's for production, then you can try @hosthatch non promo plan.

Thanked by 1jobayer
  • NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

You can take a look at our EPYCVDS-4 here: https://greencloudvps.com/epyc-nvme-kvm-vds.php
    Available in Singapore DC1 with EPYC Milan and RAID-10 NVMe 4.0.

Thanked by 2jobayer alilet
  • @febryanvaldo said:
    If it's for production, then you can try @hosthatch non promo plan.

Thanks a lot. Yes i want to use it for the production and that's why i need good uptime. I believe hosthatch will be perfect for me.

• @jobayer said: I believe hosthatch will be perfect for me.

Yes, i believe so. Just don't use their promotion for production, because it's different kind of support level.

Thanked by 1jobayer
  • @febryanvaldo said:

@jobayer said: I believe hosthatch will be perfect for me.

Yes, i believe so. Just don't use their promotion for production, because it's different kind of support level.

Yes. I have purchased a NVMe 48GB package. So far, the performance is outstanding. Thanks again for your valuable suggestion.

• LisoLiso Member

Finally reasonable budget on SG

• @jobayer said: Yes. I have purchased a NVMe 48GB package. So far, the performance is outstanding. Thanks again for your valuable suggestion.

Not a problem. Glad you have found your need.

• @febryanvaldo said:

@jobayer said: Yes. I have purchased a NVMe 48GB package. So far, the performance is outstanding. Thanks again for your valuable suggestion.

Not a problem. Glad you have found your need.

Sorry to bother you again ! I'm not sure what's going on there! strange high ST time ! Unfortunately, I have not received any response from HostHatch yet (I opened the ticket 20 hours ago). Can you please tell me whether it's normal or not? i'm getting this high st time from last few days continuously! :cry:

• @Liso said:
    Finally reasonable budget on SG

I would say the same thing :lol:

• @jobayer said: Can you please tell me whether it's normal or not?

That's ridiculously very high CPU Steal! How long has it been happening?

• @febryanvaldo said:

@jobayer said: Can you please tell me whether it's normal or not?

That's ridiculously very high CPU Steal! How long has it been happening?

I discovered it yesterday after a week of vacation. I checked the server yesterday after noticing a performance issue and discovered this. I think it started happening a few days ago.

i don't know how this is happening if they really provide me 4 dedicated core!

• jobayerjobayer Member
    edited July 2023

After 24 hours everything is normal now. St is zero. But @hosthatch has not yet responded to my ticket (even after 24 hours). I hope they'll clear things up.

• jobayerjobayer Member
    edited July 2023

Steal time was normal for few hours again it becomes high. Right now its more than 42. Finally received a response from hosthatch, they are going to migrate it to different node. sounds good.

• @jobayer said: Finally received a response from hosthatch, they are going to migrate it to different node. sounds good.

How is it now? Have you migrated to new node?

• @febryanvaldo said:

@jobayer said: Finally received a response from hosthatch, they are going to migrate it to different node. sounds good.

How is it now? Have you migrated to new node?

I got a response about 12 hours ago; they asked for my permission to migrate the server to a new node. I replied to them within 10–20 minutes and have not yet received any update (I'm still in a query, I guess since they handle a lot of tickets). so I don't know whether they have migrated it or not. ST reduced a little bit but is still high enough.

latest top result:

I am thinking about migrating it (though i dont want to). Do you have any other recommendations?
    What about Webhorizon? Are they reliable for production? I'm also thinking about Contabo and Ovh as alternatives to HostHatch. I can't purchase from Green Cloud VPS since the latency is too high and Kuroit does not have any big plans available on their website. Thanks again for giving your time.

Thanked by 1CasualCanvas
  • febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited July 2023

@jobayer said: I am thinking about migrating it (though i dont want to). Do you have any other recommendations?

I will always go with Speedypage or GreenCloud (EPYC VDS), at least their support is top notch, and i'm using Speedypage.

@jobayer said: What about Webhorizon? Are they reliable for production?

I don't know about this, i was about to migrate to Webhorizon from Speedypage, but yeah, Ryzen is still faster overall, so i come back to Speedypage.

They has Service Status: https://status.webhorizon.net. The SG nodes looks solid.

Thanked by 1jobayer
  • A bit careful with Hosthatch specially for the production environment.

Following are the htop results after a few weeks of 16GB + 4 Core server. This server is supposed to be idle, because we don't have any app running on it.

Thanked by 1CasualCanvas
  • @febryanvaldo said:

I will always go with Speedypage or GreenCloud (EPYC VDS), at least their support is top notch, and i'm using Speedypage.

Speedypage is always my first priority. unfortunately they are out of stock :cry:
    i found another provider called shockhosting.