Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualizor vs Virtfusion
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualizor vs Virtfusion

UmairUmair Member

Hello LET.

While I am still using Virtualizor and probably will have to keep it for now, I am also looking around for other options as well.

If you are using both of them (or have made a switch from one to an other) what are your thoughts so far ??

How are the 2 panels different in terms of features / Performance, reliability and especially support ??

I am using Virtualizor and VMs are setup using LVM. I see Virtfusion does things different with VM disks.(Not sure how I can move some VMs to test things).

Also is there any benefit using Images vs LVM for KVM setup?

Virtfusion documentation seems really basic. (I think Virtualizor is doing better job there)
But Virtfusion seems to be support all the new OS options. Virtualizor is probably more focused on their new version (obviously more money makes sense for them).
Virtualizor has incremental backup option now (extra pay and confusing name of for it) but still they have it. I am not seeing any incremental VM backup option with Virtfusion.

I understand everyone has their own use case. But in terms of just a virtualization panel, which one would you prefer and why??

Forget the price / cost point. That's really not important.

Is there something that one does better than the other ??

Thanked by 1BasToTheMax
If you are setting up a new KVM Node, which panel you would choose for making your life easy?
  1. Virtalizor52 votes
    1. Virtfusion
      63.46%
    2. Proxmox
      26.92%
    3. Others
        9.62%

Comments

• I will go with Virtfusion.

Thanked by 1VirtFusion
  • AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

Virtfusion is way better!

Thanked by 1VirtFusion
  • IMHO..

VF for better UI/UX experience and stability performance.

Virtualizor for easier create image templates feature.

Thanked by 2Umair VirtFusion
  • UmairUmair Member
    edited June 2023

@Henryjack said:
    I will go with Virtfusion.

@Abd said:

It would actually help if you state why is that as well.

For everyone commenting or voting, please give you 2 cents on why you like it. That will actually help.

PS. Just realized Virtualizor does not have option to vote. I have requested admin to correct it.

• lnxlnx Member, Patron Provider

I will say VirtFusion. The design of the control panel is nicely laid out and there are tons of settings you can configure. There is also a good range of OS support.

Thanked by 1VirtFusion
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Virtualizor is pretty good, I don't understand the hate they get. They've stepped up their game in the recent year or so. It's not perfect, but nothing is.

If I had to start new, I'd consider VirtFusion to start with. I just don't see it offering anything in particular at this time that'd be worth the hassle to migrate to an entirely new system.

Thanked by 1r0xz
  • crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@MannDude said:
    Virtualizor is pretty good, I don't understand the hate they get. They've stepped up their game in the recent year or so. It's not perfect, but nothing is.

If I had to start new, I'd consider VirtFusion to start with. I just don't see it offering anything in particular at this time that'd be worth the hassle to migrate to an entirely new system.

@VirtFusion used to offer early adopters feet pics hidden inside a tar with each new update. Ever since Phill stopped doing that I've been eyeballing SolusVM 2.

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

@Umair said:

@Henryjack said:

@Abd said:

For everyone commenting or voting, please give you 2 cents on why you like it. That will actually help.

PS. Just realized Virtualizor does not have option to vote. I have requested admin to correct it.

Good UI.
    Better Windows templates.
    faster and really helpful support over discord you don't have to keep waiting on support ticket.
    Stable, No random bugs. I can use it worry free that something might break.
    Native NAT VPS support.
    these I can think of immediately right now.

• @Umair said:

@Henryjack said:

@Abd said:

Cause VirtFusion is a powerful and feature-rich virtualization control panel that allows you to manage rock-solid KVM virtual machines.

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

As a end user the experience with Virtfusion is much better. The layout is more intuitive, it is a better visual experience and everything is more responsive. Installing and reinstalling operating systems is just much better.

As a provider installing Virtfusion is also much better. Setting up a hypervisor, assigning IPs and creating packages can be done in less than 30 minutes.

The support from Virtfusion is also just awesome. There's a helpful community and Phil really goes above and beyond to solve any issue.

• AsimAsim Member

VirtFusion would be my choice. Tried it with @kuroit and @Madcityservers, the control panel is flawless and dead simple.

• UmairUmair Member

I am gonna test it with a new server setup.
    I am sure it;s simple and cleaner (GUI side).

But I think (based on the documents and personal usage), Virtualizor gives a bit more control on managing side. (i.e. CPU priority, cpupin etc).

VF might also have it. But I don't see the reference in their documents. Will have to test it.

• emghemgh Member

@Umair said:
    I am gonna test it with a new server setup.
    I am sure it;s simple and cleaner (GUI side).

But I think (based on the documents and personal usage), Virtualizor gives a bit more control on managing side. (i.e. CPU priority, cpupin etc).

VF might also have it. But I don't see the reference in their documents. Will have to test it.

They have some CPU limitation settings

You can throttle for example

You can't fraction cores, such as 0,5 vCPU or 1,5 though