Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeking dedicated server or VDS with strong CPU
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seeking dedicated server or VDS with strong CPU

NighthawkNighthawk Member
edited June 2023 in Requests

Hello,

Unfortunately both hosts that made viable offers in my previous thread are MIA or no longer offering, so I am still in the market.

CPU:
Ryzen 76000X/7900X/7950X. 5000 series is also OK.
OR
Intel Core i7/i9 13700/13900/12900/12700. A step lower is also OK.
OR
Other processors with excellent single core performance
hard no to Xeon and Epyc processors.
Memory: 64GB+
Bandwidth: 1Gbps+. 5TB transfer should be more than enough.
IPs: Minimum 2.
Disk: 2 drives for raid 1 mirror, hard drive or SSD are both OK as long as it's above 200GB or so.
Location: Preference for (south/mid)western US (Texas/Arizona/Cali). North America is OK, other continents are not.
Budget: $200/mo or less.

DDoS Protection: Preference for no, unless there are good/flexible overrides to ensure legitimate traffic is not blocked.

A VDS, but not a VPS, could also work. For the VDS, the most important specs would be at least 16GB memory (32GB preferable) and at least 2 physical cores/4 vCores. These resources must be dedicated entirely, no sharing. It still must be driven by a high end CPU and I need to know the CPU model; vague specs are not acceptable.

In the case of a VDS, nested virtualization must be enabled (for Docker).

Other specs would be the same as above. 2 IPs, 200gb+, etc.

Thank you.

Comments

• Why did you make another thread?

• @concept said:
    Why did you make another thread?

Stale, outdated offers, and I have a better idea of what to ask for now.

• AytchAytch Member

Have you had a look at ReliableSite?

• @Aytch said:
    Have you had a look at ReliableSite?

Yes. Their offer is one of the stale/no longer available ones.

• They sell out really quick of Ryzen 7000 series Dedicated Servers. I would contact Madcityservers (ReliableSite Reseller) to see if they have any availability for a VDS on one of their Ryzen 5000/7000 nodes.
    I was lucky enough to get one of their LA VPS that is equipped with 7950x.

• Thanks, I'll see if I can get in touch.

• @Nighthawk said:
    Thanks, I'll see if I can get in touch.

Hopefully, it works out. From my experience, they respond pretty quickly and been pretty reliable

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

nested virtualization must be enabled (for Docker)

Docker is container technology and does not require nested virtualization.

Nested virtualization would allow you to run KVM or VirtualBox inside your VDS.

• HosteroidHosteroid Member, Patron Provider

@Nighthawk New Jersey as location is not good for you?

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2023

Hi,
    we can offer this in Utah:

AMD Ryzen 7600
    64GB DDR5
    2X960GB PCIE4 NVMe
    1Gbps Port
    50TB Traffic
    $119/mo

Slightly more expensive would be the 7700X.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

What the reason for it? Xeon CPUs are designed for servers / nodes and it’s not desktop type of processors

• conceptconcept Member
    edited July 2023

@WebProject said:

What the reason for it? Xeon CPUs are designed for servers / nodes and it’s not desktop type of processors

I believe they are looking for high clock speed/high single core performance like mentioned.
    Honestly the new Xeon E-Series Rocket Lake should work too. They can turbo up to 4.7Ghz/5Ghz

• AK_KWHAK_KWH Member, Patron Provider

@Nighthawk said: A VDS, but not a VPS, could also work. For the VDS, the most important specs would be at least 16GB memory (32GB preferable) and at least 2 physical cores/4 vCores. These resources must be dedicated entirely, no sharing. It still must be driven by a high end CPU and I need to know the CPU model; vague specs are not acceptable.

we have AMD Ryzen 9 5900X in Turkey if your okay with this location i can offer a best VDS with 16/32 GB RAM with 2 Physical cores

• @concept said:
    They sell out really quick of Ryzen 7000 series Dedicated Servers. I would contact Madcityservers (ReliableSite Reseller) to see if they have any availability for a VDS on one of their Ryzen 5000/7000 nodes.

didn't the owner deadpool? was hotlineservers before. I wouldn't get anything from them ever.

• @fluffernutter said:

@concept said:
    They sell out really quick of Ryzen 7000 series Dedicated Servers. I would contact Madcityservers (ReliableSite Reseller) to see if they have any availability for a VDS on one of their Ryzen 5000/7000 nodes.

didn't the owner deadpool? was hotlineservers before. I wouldn't get anything from them ever.

I've heard about it but honestly, I haven't had any issues with them. Got really good deals and they've been super helpful and accommodating. I guess if they end up doing it again, I guess I'm not gonna be surprised. At least I'm not hosting anything critical.

For OP, this issue should be put into consideration