Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner alternative
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner alternative

Hi, is there a provider that offers affordable vps as an alternative to hetzner? I started reading a lot of complaints for Hetzner. https://www.trustpilot.com/review/hetzner.com

They were closing the account in attacks or heavy usage. Or they could delete the account without giving any reason by saying that your account is not suitable. In addition, for those who create new accounts, they do not approve the account without giving any reason. Frankly, my trust in hetzner has waned and I'm looking for alternatives.

Comments

• We can provide servers with 1 and 10 Gbps ports on Germany Maincube DC. Also get the chance to try it for free.

https://batu.gg/index.php?m=solusvm2
    We use Solusvm2 and pay as you go hourly billing system.

• RUSSRUSS Member

@BatuCloud said:
    We can provide servers with 1 and 10 Gbps ports on Germany Maincube DC. Also get the chance to try it for free.

send yabs, then i'll move hetzner to your company next month, cause i already paid them.

• @RUSS said:

@BatuCloud said:
    We can provide servers with 1 and 10 Gbps ports on Germany Maincube DC. Also get the chance to try it for free.

send yabs, then i'll move hetzner to your company next month, cause i already paid them.

Sign up and create a vps now. We don't want a deposit, don't worry. So you can test any package you want. B)

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

If you'd like to use Hetzners network without dealing with them you could look at our plans.

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

Usually complaints show that services is actively used by customers. Very low number of customer write positive review without special stimulation from provider . This is simple human logic: if i purchase something and i satisfied with it then why i need to write anything:)? So, if you are know well what are you doing simple trust to Hetzner as well as any other company.

• RUSSRUSS Member

@BatuCloud said:

@RUSS said:

@BatuCloud said:

Sign up and create a vps now. We don't want a deposit, don't worry. So you can test any package you want. B)

i'm currently using this: https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/ax41-nvme

i paid them EURO: 37.30

• I like to avoid review sites on multiple grounds. Either its people who had a bad experience (bad experiences are just a thing in life and cannot be avoided), a total karen, paid/compensated fake reviews, or bots. I have more trust putting my credit card into a hobo's hands than a review site. lets not forget the yelp mafia tactics.

Every company has the right to accept or deny you as a client. They don't think you're a good fit? They have the right to deny someone based on their own investigation. Of course, that potential has the right to bitch and moan about it on their normal soap box. Every company has the right to terminate your contract based on your activities while you're using the service. Constantly abusing resources? Constantly abusing network? Constant abuse complaints? Well its like having an acquaintance stay at your place and all they do is eat your food, shit on your carpet and bust down your walls. You're not going to let them stick around long, would you? If you're quiet, and comply with their terms and you're content, why leave?

While I have never used Hetzner services (the latency from me to them is prohibitive), everyone that I have ever talked to praises their services. Here, OGF, discord, people I talk too.. they all seem to enjoy the service if they pass the verification stage. If I was a hetzner client and they provided me no grief, I wouldn't leave based on someone PMSing on some review site. Majority of the reviews on trustpilot is people being pissy over mundane shit.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • I think OP will have a stroke if they see the trustpilot reviews for arubacloud.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • Frankly speaking, I have read all these comments myself. 50% of them are due to a lack of understanding of the service provider's policies, and another 30% complain about the strict risk control system. Only about 20% are genuine negative reviews.

Considering Hetzner's years of pricing and corresponding quality, it is actually difficult to complain too much.

Although I understand your concerns, if Hetzner Cloud is suitable for you now, I don't think you can find a more suitable but stable service in the European region than them.

Thanked by 1nick_
  • ifreakifreak Member

@CheepCluck said:
    I like to avoid review sites on multiple grounds. Either its people who had a bad experience (bad experiences are just a thing in life and cannot be avoided), a total karen, paid/compensated fake reviews, or bots. I have more trust putting my credit card into a hobo's hands than a review site. lets not forget the yelp mafia tactics.

Every company has the right to accept or deny you as a client. They don't think you're a good fit? They have the right to deny someone based on their own investigation. Of course, that potential has the right to bitch and moan about it on their normal soap box. Every company has the right to terminate your contract based on your activities while you're using the service. Constantly abusing resources? Constantly abusing network? Constant abuse complaints? Well its like having an acquaintance stay at your place and all they do is eat your food, shit on your carpet and bust down your walls. You're not going to let them stick around long, would you? If you're quiet, and comply with their terms and you're content, why leave?

While I have never used Hetzner services (the latency from me to them is prohibitive), everyone that I have ever talked to praises their services. Here, OGF, discord, people I talk too.. they all seem to enjoy the service if they pass the verification stage. If I was a hetzner client and they provided me no grief, I wouldn't leave based on someone PMSing on some review site. Majority of the reviews on trustpilot is people being pissy over mundane shit.

Yeah I agree mostly.

With Hetzner it's different however. It's pricing and bang for buck is hard to compete with and they are in the business for many years.

I've tried them multiple times across various timespans with their dedicated (auction/normal) and storage boxes. The storage boxes simply were not performing well and not competing with the most Romanian alternative around. Support couldn't help me.

The dedi/vps, well, every shit you take and they come at you like your the worst criminal even when it's silly things like leaving a port open.

I do admire how they're against the whole DTAG situation - We're going to see more of that in Germany, together with the increasing power prices and general instability. I'm afraid that the golden days of cheap German dedi's is coming to an end sooner of later. Probably same with France. Oneprovider does offer some nice ones - I doubt such old hardware is going to last that much longer and if they can sustain their prices as well for their France/Germany/Amsterdam (those are the most bang for buck). For most lowend we're probably better off with a VPS on some modern EPYC. It will cost more than ever but outperform any old shit 10 times. Norway has interesting energy sources and probably can sustain their prices better and their internet infrastructure is modern. So my hopes is for providers there for EU needs.

• NETCUP IS THE BEST.

• emghemgh Member
    edited June 2023

Avoro is decent in comparison

Keep in mind the cores are dedicated (so the price reflects that)

And drives are 100% NVMe (so smaller disk space)

They’re mainly in Maincubes

Thanked by 1nick_
  • nick_nick_ Member

+1 for Avoro. Wish the disk could be larger though.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • loayloay Member

Avoro, php-friends and netcup

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member
    edited June 2023

@nick_ said:
    +1 for Avoro. Wish the disk could be larger though.

I think specs are upgradable on a per case basis in the control panel

Not 100 % sure

Edit: Yes, making my 40 GB disk be 100 GB would add 3,6 EUR for example