Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IVPN removing port forwarding effective 2023-09-30
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IVPN removing port forwarding effective 2023-09-30

Comments

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Well, that sucks.

• LeviLevi Member

Soon this will be widespread. Tied to piracy and malware and just banned. Do not uee commercial vpns.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • emghemgh Member
    edited June 2023

I think there’s an external specific reason for both Mullad and IVPN to disable port forwarding

A DC requires it

A big player will block their IPs

Idk

Something it is

I had this thought before, when Mullvad did it

Now, it’s more probable

• will it then also be cheaper?

• emghemgh Member

@hyperblast said:
    will it then also be cheaper?

Of course,

Not.

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • @emgh said: I think there’s an external specific reason for both Mullad and IVPN to disable port forwarding

Of course there are. A very small number of datacenters are willing to risk the reputation of their IP ranges to allow people to host VPNs, especially Mullvad, one of the most used VPNs by shady people. But out of that small group, an even smaller group is willing to allow those VPN users to host basically anything on their IPs.

• emghemgh Member
    edited June 2023

@sillycat said:

@emgh said: I think there’s an external specific reason for both Mullad and IVPN to disable port forwarding

Of course there are. A very small number of datacenters are willing to risk the reputation of their IP ranges to allow people to host VPNs, especially Mullvad, one of the most used VPNs by shady people. But out of that small group, an even smaller group is willing to allow those VPN users to host basically anything on their IPs.

That reason is too broad

Not like every network they used required both VPNs to do this at once

They could always have disabled the feature on certain servers

Mullvad use MANY providers