Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostMantis sold to LIKUID.COM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostMantis sold to LIKUID.COM

I got this in the mail

Learn more about the new company behind your web hosting!
LIKUID.COM acquires HostMantis.com

Dear client,

I am delighted to announce that LIKUID.COM has recently acquired HostMantis.com, further strengthening our position as a leader in the hosting industry. I am excited to welcome you to our large family of satisfied customers.

We have been informed that you may have been disappointed by the previous administration. I understand that this may be a cause for concern, but I want to assure you that you are in good hands with LIKUID.COM.

Who are we?

LIKUID.COM is a leading company in the web hosting industry, providing reliable, high-performance, and secure hosting solutions for businesses of all sizes. Established over 15 years ago, LIKUID.COM is a local alternative to large multinational corporations, offering exceptional and personalized customer service.

We are committed to delivering reliable, high-performance, and secure solutions while providing exceptional customer service. I am proud of the quality of our services, and I am confident that we can offer you an even more satisfying hosting experience. I am certain that you will appreciate our human and warm approach.

Benefits of LIKUID.COM

At LIKUID.COM, we are known for our exceptional customer service and free live chat support, making it easy for clients to reach our support team.

Additionally, we offer a comprehensive range of features, including one-click installation for popular applications such as WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal. We also provide free DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) protection to help safeguard websites against online attacks.

Lastly, our pricing is transparent and free of surprises. There are no hidden fees or unexpected additional costs.

I am confident that we are capable of exceeding your expectations, and I look forward to showing you what we can offer.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Patrice Baribeau
CEO
LIKUID.COM

[Read the press release](https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/likuid-com-acquires-hostmantis-883194325.html "Read the press release")
Thanked by 1nillionaire

Comments

• should I worry?

• VoidVoid Member

HostManTits

• JasonMJasonM Member

Hostmantis is almost a wrecked ship by now. It was good until it lasted and they started increasing renew prices and dishonoring the lifetime coupons. Then some dynamichosting purchased it but they were not able to provide good and fast support and the hostmantis servers were going down always.

@neverain said: I am delighted to announce that LIKUID.COM has recently acquired HostMantis.com

this site likuid.com doesnt even open in browser.
    https://www.likuid.com/
    Site can't be reached.

• emghemgh Member

When I hear HostMantis, I want to puke

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • rcy026rcy026 Member

@JasonM said:
    this site likuid.com doesnt even open in browser.
    https://www.likuid.com/
    Site can't be reached.

Works for me.

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

Parles-vous anglais Likuid.com? Non? Au revoir.

For the French impaired: "Do you speak English Likuid.com? No? Goodbye!

Imagine a Canadian company not presenting their web page bilingually.

I am glad I never jumped on to the sinking HostMantis ship. Such a pity, as they supposedly were good at one time ...

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • @JasonM said: this site likuid.com doesnt even open in browser.

Same to me too, but opening with VPN.

• ariq01ariq01 Member

Visited likuid, and changed the language to Canada [EN] and it led to submitting a ticket :joy:

Thanked by 1moodwriter
  • likuid.com - very weird sounding name to my ears.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Likuid?

HostMantis can now been renamed to HosMentis.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • _MS__MS_ Member

It's supposed to be pronounced as "Liquid".

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

MS said:

Can you pronounce it any other way? :smiley:

• _MS__MS_ Member

@DP said:

MS said:

Can you pronounce it any other way? :smiley:

LikuID (Indonesian business, where Liku is an Indonesian word for something)

or

Lik(e) U(r) ID.

Yeah, just kidding. But, it's just the way they present this word, in capitals, like it's an acronym of something.

Thanked by 2SirFoxy ariq01
  • why likuid.com not opening in my browser? Is it now serving in canada only?

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@nishantk said:
    why likuid.com not opening in my browser? Is it now serving in canada only?

It works from the EU

Perhaps they block certain countries (?)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

nslookup likuid.com
    Address: 158.69.140.30

whois 158.69.140.30
    NetRange: 158.69.0.0 - 158.69.255.255
    CIDR: 158.69.0.0/16
    Organization: OVH Hosting, Inc. (HO-2)

So the "leading company in the web hosting industry, providing reliable, high-performance, and secure hosting solutions" hosts its web site on OVH.

There's nothing wrong with that, of course, but I'd kind of expect a "leading provider" to have its own ASN but what do I know.

Thanked by 2JasonM ariq01
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
  • @raindog308 said:
    nslookup likuid.com

whois 158.69.140.30

So the "leading company in the web hosting industry, providing reliable, high-performance, and secure hosting solutions" hosts its web site on OVH.

There's nothing wrong with that, of course, but I'd kind of expect a "leading provider" to have its own ASN but what do I know.

I mean it's not terribly uncommon or even weird to have your website hosted on a different host than your own ASN in case of problems so you can still talk to customers. Then again I doubt that's why they did it in this case lmao.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Yeah, 3rd owner to date.

Francisco

• @raindog308 said:
    nslookup likuid.com

whois 158.69.140.30

they're an OVH reseller so it's not surprising

• I was actually looking for some dirt cheap shared hosting today and checked out Hostmantis again just a few minutes ago ... before coming here.

I've been a customer there for many years and started using them approx. maybe 15 years ago. Never had an issue, but I also never hosted anything serious... mainly just as a Demo sites for clients or when I needed multiple corporate looking email accounts to sign-up for free offers.

Considering that pricing at the time was dirtcheap like $1,29/ month or so and some heavy discounts for yearly...- tickets were answered relatively fast ( sometimes with a slightly snarky undertone and a link to the knowledge-base :)

The only scary thing was that they never openly stated who the actual biz owner is/was even when paying with PP.

New owner's name is Patrice Baribeau ?

-That is more transparency than Hostmantis has ever given me.

Anyhwho... pricing nowadays is too high for my use-case.