Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeking dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seeking dedicated server

Always a risk with getting a VPS here but my current provider is oversold to hell and back and it's lagging my services beyond the point of bearability. So I want to see what might be available for moving up to a dedicated server. Having a strong CPU is most important for my applications. So:

CPU:
Ryzen 76000X/7900X/7950X. Prev 5000 series may also be acceptable
OR
Intel Core i7/i9 13700/13900/12900/12700
OR
Other processors with excellent single core performance
hard no to Xeon and Epyc processors.
Memory: 64GB+
Bandwidth: 1Gbps+. Don't need a ton of transfer.
IPs: Minimum 2.
Disk: 2 drives for raid 1 mirror, hard drive or SSD are both OK just as long as the space is comfortable for a few docker images and volumes.
Location: Preference for western US (Texas/Arizona/Cali). North America is OK, other continents are not.
Budget: $200/mo or less. If these specs are too optimistic for this price point, please feel free to make an offer for however close you can get, I can be somewhat flexible.

Alternatively I might be willing to consider a VPS with dedicated resources, but I've lost a lot of faith with them, so I'd want some pretty concrete guarantees and not-vague specs. But if there might be options here, talk to me.

Thank you

Comments

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host
    edited June 2023

I think your asks and price range are extremely reasonable. You'll definitely find a provider that can meet/exceed here.

2 dedicated options we can do with 2 IPv4's (new products, no public website appearance until early next week):

7950X (watercooled, full tdp):
    -64GB DDR5 (non-ECC)
    -2x 256GB NVMe or 2x 1TB SSD (other sizes/options available)
    -1Gbps unmetered
    $135/mo

I7 12700T
    -64GB DDR5 (non-ECC)
    -2x 256GB NVMe (bigger NVMe available, can also add up to 1 SSD)
    -1Gbps unmetered
    $95/mo

VDS options: We'll be running our 7950X systems as VDSes (dedicated resources) as well, but if you need 64GB+ of RAM the full bare metal dedicated will be the way to go.

All of the above located in Spokane, WA, USA

• @crunchbits said:
    I think your asks and price range are extremely reasonable. You'll definitely find a provider that can meet/exceed here.

• snip -

VDS options: We'll be running our 7950X systems as VDSes (dedicated resources) as well, but if you need 64GB+ of RAM the full bare metal dedicated will be the way to go.

Ok, I wasn't expecting to get such good offers and so quickly.

I'm interested in the dedicated offers, but the VDSs too - Can you let me know the price point for something around 16GB memory, 4 core (2 physical core no HT), 200gb disk, 2 IPs on a VDS?

edited June 2023

@Nighthawk said:

I'm interested in the dedicated offers, but the VDSs too - Can you let me know the price point for something around 16GB memory, 4 core (2 physical core no HT), 200gb disk, 2 IPs on a VDS?

No problem--VDS (7950X) plans are:

-1c/2t (actual topography)
    -4GB DDR5 (ECC)
    -100GB NVMe
    -900GB RAID10 HDD
    -50TB @ 2.5 Gbps
    $16/mo

The plan closest to your wants (RAM, mainly):
    -4c/8t (actual topography)
    -16GB DDR5 (ECC)
    -400GB NVMe
    -3.6TB RAID10 HDD
    -200TB @ 2.5 Gbps
    $64/mo

Additional IPv4 are added during checkout automatically, $1.5/mo each.

These are dedicated resources, you are fully able to use all that you purchase. Very similar to how we do our existing VPSes, with the exception that these are not based off total threads but instead actual 16 physical/logical cores on the 7950X (minus what we keep on tap for hypervisor/safety).

I already can tell you that there will be a coupon accompanying these for LET users next week--so the prices will be even a little better as soon as we drop that.

We will also have some Xeon Scalable VDS (2.7GHz base / 3.7 GHz boost) that are going to be extremely competitive, but given your initial ask I wasn't sure if that is enough CPU.

• I'm currently on a 12GB VPS which I worried might be overkill but in truth, I'm constantly hitting it as a wall. Some things just burn through it. I don't think I can do less than 16GB at this point. But full dedicated would allow much more breathing room...

Going to sleep soon here so I'll use that time to think on it, and see if anyone else throws their hat into the ring, and probably make a decision tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

• @crunchbits said:
    -64GB DDR5 (non-ECC)
    -1Gbps unmetered
    $135/mo

Just curious, how much would it cost with 128GB RAM?

@BilohBucks said:

@crunchbits said:
    -64GB DDR5 (non-ECC)
    -1Gbps unmetered
    $135/mo

+$25/mo (non-ECC)

Thanked by 1BilohBucks
  • @crunchbits said:

@BilohBucks said:

@crunchbits said:
    -64GB DDR5 (non-ECC)
    -1Gbps unmetered
    $135/mo

+$25/mo (non-ECC)

Thanks! And about DDoS protection, do you use anything or blackholing?

• @crunchbits
    Do you have one of the datacenter server's IPs that I can ping/check the route on? I do have to admit, the 1200mi distance has me a little uncertain.

• AMD Ryzen 9 7950x
    128G Memory
    2x2 TB NVMe datacenter
    13 Free IP
    1 Gbps Port
    20T Traffic
    200$ montly
    Germany MaincubeDC

• @BatuCloud said:
    AMD Ryzen 9 7950x
    128G Memory
    2x2 TB NVMe datacenter
    13 Free IP
    1 Gbps Port
    20T Traffic
    200$ montly
    Germany MaincubeDC

Do you have any datacenters on the north american continent? I'm afraid Europe is definitely in the 'too far' region for me.

• conceptconcept Member
    edited June 2023

Dedicated.com

Ryzen 5900X
    128GB Ram
    2 x 1TB NVMe
    1Gbit 100TB
    5 IPs
    Los Angeles
    $199/m

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited June 2023

AMD Ryzen 7950X
    128GB DDR5 ECC RAM
    2 x 2TB NVMe
    KVM Over IP
    True Server Grade Platform, No Desktop Grade Motherboards / RAM
    $199/mo + $199 Setup
    Order Link: https://www.reliablesite.net/dedicated-servers/16-Core-server/amd-ryzen-7950x-128GB

(Choose the buy down option at checkout)

We also have the guaranteed best pricing on other Ryzen configurations in the USA. See https://www.reliablesite.net/dedicated-servers/

• @MrRadic said:
    AMD Ryzen 7950X
    128GB DDR5 ECC RAM
    2 x 2TB NVMe
    KVM Over IP
    $199/mo + $199 Setup
    Order Link: https://www.reliablesite.net/dedicated-servers/16-Core-server/amd-ryzen-7950x-128GB

We also have the guaranteed best pricing on other Ryzen configurations in the USA. See https://www.reliablesite.net/dedicated-servers/

Hey, so, I like the location, but when I was looking at the cart I got this:

The 'buy down' option doesn't seem to work. Anything I can do to troubleshoot?

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited June 2023

@Nighthawk said:

@MrRadic said:
    AMD Ryzen 7950X
    128GB DDR5 ECC RAM
    2 x 2TB NVMe
    KVM Over IP
    $199/mo + $199 Setup

Hey, so, I like the location, but when I was looking at the cart I got this:

The 'buy down' option doesn't seem to work. Anything I can do to troubleshoot?

Just hit continue, the final price will reflect it at checkout.

Thanked by 1Nighthawk
  • Can anyone comment on ReliableSite's DDOS filtering? Given their no refund policy and the setup fee to get the competitive pricing, I wouldn't want to end up in a situation where it blocks certain services or certain of my users from using those services and then not be able to do anything but write it off.

• AytchAytch Member

I think you can ask them to turn it off if you don't want it enabled. They have a pre-sales live chat so you can ask before you sign up.

edited June 2023

@Nighthawk said:
    @crunchbits
    Do you have one of the datacenter server's IPs that I can ping/check the route on? I do have to admit, the 1200mi distance has me a little uncertain.

Sure, you can check against:
    speedtest.crunchbits.net (our public Ookla speedtest server) which will be central.

We'll have some additional upstreams live today/tomorrow as well prepping for next week.

@BilohBucks said:
    Thanks! And about DDoS protection, do you use anything or blackholing?

All bare-metal/dedicated servers are on our on-demand DDoS protection (scrubbed/clean traffic). VPS/VDS are blackholed if the attack exceeds a certain amount, but can opt-in for DDoS protected ranges if desired.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2023

@Nighthawk said:
    Can anyone comment on ReliableSite's DDOS filtering? Given their no refund policy and the setup fee to get the competitive pricing, I wouldn't want to end up in a situation where it blocks certain services or certain of my users from using those services and then not be able to do anything but write it off.

I use Radic in all of his US locations and have a good amount of VPS customers on them. The DDoS protection is good now days, no complaints really, and sometimes get many attacks daily.

PM me if you want me to test anything for you in any location.

Thanked by 1MrRadic
  • NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

We just launched our new Ryzen dedicated servers:
    https://netdynamics24.com/client/order.php?step=1&productGroup=10

• @NetDynamics24 said:
    We just launched our new Ryzen dedicated servers:
    https://netdynamics24.com/client/order.php?step=1&productGroup=10

Straight up Hetzner resell.

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

@0xOkami said:
    Straight up Hetzner resell.

Hetzner doesn't have dedicated servers in USA.
    Our Ryzen servers in USA come in very good prices.

• @crunchbits said:

@Nighthawk said:

-4GB DDR5 (ECC)
    -100GB NVMe
    -900GB RAID10 HDD
    -50TB @ 2.5 Gbps
    $16/mo

-16GB DDR5 (ECC)
    -400GB NVMe
    -3.6TB RAID10 HDD
    -200TB @ 2.5 Gbps
    $64/mo

These are dedicated resources, you are fully able to use all that you purchase. Very similar to how we do our existing VPSes, with the exception that these are not based off total threads but instead actual 16 physical/logical cores on the 7950X (minus what we keep on tap for hypervisor/safety).

I already can tell you that there will be a coupon accompanying these for LET users next week--so the prices will be even a little better as soon as we drop that.

We will also have some Xeon Scalable VDS (2.7GHz base / 3.7 GHz boost) that are going to be extremely competitive, but given your initial ask I wasn't sure if that is enough CPU.

Is the port dedicated or shared? If shared how many users share the port. TiA

@bobsburgers said:

@crunchbits said:

@Nighthawk said:

-4GB DDR5 (ECC)
    -100GB NVMe
    -900GB RAID10 HDD
    -50TB @ 2.5 Gbps
    $16/mo

-16GB DDR5 (ECC)
    -400GB NVMe
    -3.6TB RAID10 HDD
    -200TB @ 2.5 Gbps
    $64/mo

Is the port dedicated or shared? If shared how many users share the port. TiA

It's virtualized so technically your port is 'shared'. However, ports on those boxes are big enough that every single VDS could max their port with a little room to spare.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

Necro post?

• LeifurGunnarssonLeifurGunnarsson Member, Host Rep
    edited January 17

Hey, I don't know if you've been sorted but here's an offer anyways:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8C / 16T @ 3.6 GHz / 4.4 GHz

64 GB DDR4

2x 250 GB NVMe

1Gbit Unmetered (DDoS Protected by Path.net)

Dallas, US

Price is $249.99/mo, if you prepay 3 or 6 months we could lower that 5 or 10%.

You can find it here: https://portal.tempest.net/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

• dahyuk0413dahyuk0413 Member
    edited January 17

time for https://ihostart.rip

Edit) just made stupid mistake. I was trying to post this comment at calin’s thread

Anyways, crunchbits is indeed a great provider. Highly recommended. Hope OP got a good deal

• SolidSeoVPSSolidSeoVPS Member, Patron Provider

Check this out https://www.solidseovps.com/amd-ryzen-dedicated-server.php

Ryzen dedicated servers as low as $69.95 a month