Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Is there any way to take image for bitlocker encrypted disk from rescue mode of solusvm?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is there any way to take image for bitlocker encrypted disk from rescue mode of solusvm?

PhantomPainPhantomPain Member
edited June 2023 in Help

I have a vps from Virmach which was used for windows server but after a maintenance of the hostnode few weeks ago it can no longer boot into OS.
It always get forced power off during the booting process.
I wondered if it is because the hostnode run out of RAM which makes the process of my VM get killed.
I attached a linux installation image to performe a memory check and it get powered off during the test too.
I tried to contact them via ticket but no response. :(
Luckily the rescue mode of solusvm which runs on a minimized debian system still works but of course it can not access the bitlocker encrypted disk.
So I'm looking for a way to take and download the disk image of that.
Is there anyone know how to do? o:)

Comments

• ExpertVMExpertVM Member, Host Rep

If the disk is not large, you can try to dd the disk over WAN and your local source.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

dd if=/dev/sda | ssh -p 22 root@REMOTE_SERVER "dd of=/home/output.img bs=4096"