Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap VPS competing with Contabo pricing and specs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap VPS competing with Contabo pricing and specs

DyonDyon Member
edited June 2023 in Requests

Looking at Contabo you get 2 vCores, 4GB RAM, 400 GB SSD en 200Mbit/s with 32 out / ∞ in for only €5.99/month (€71.88/year).

Online I've read that Contabo is a pretty hit or miss in terms of performance or customer support. So I am hesitant to get a VPS from them.

On here I found LigaHosting; https://ligahosting.ro/index.php/store/vps-hosting-ssd-nl
But based on their reviews their customer support does not seem amazing. I also checked out their Discord and the owners are not actively engaging with their customers or giving updates on their outages. So I also don't want to get a VPS at them. They do not seem very reliable in my opinion.

Another great offer I found was from Little Creek Hosting, but sadly they only offer servers in the USA: https://www.littlecreekhosting.com/clients/index.php?rp=/store/vps-specials-1/kvm-5-special

Anyway, I've looked around my self a whole lot, I probably checked all the offers from the last 2 or 3 months.

What I am looking for a reliable VPS provider with servers located in Europe, preferred in a 'piracy-friendly' country, since I may download a handful of torrents. Which providers should I take a look at.
Or if you are a provider, can you fulfill my requirements? Budget ~€100/year, depending on the specs a little higher or lower.
Preferred specs:
2+ vCores, 4 if possible.
At least 4GB RAM
200 GB SSD, rather not less storage
At least 500 Mbit/s, preferably unlimited so I wont need to bother about caps
Preferred no re-seller

Annually or monthly billing is both fine

Or, should I just go with Contabo, how are your experiences? Why should or shouldn't I go with them?

Comments

• ZreindZreind Member

I hadn’t try them yet. But, there are many bad comments about their CPU, disk and network performance. But, if you are lucky and get a nice node then there is no problem. Also €100/y is not small budget for let so u can find these specs easily. Did u take a look at BuyVM lux. location?

• HosteroidHosteroid Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2023

Hey @Dyon ,
    Do you plan to pay monthly or annually invoices for such vps?

• DyonDyon Member

@Zreind said:
    I hadn’t try them yet. But, there are many bad comments about their CPU, disk and network performance. But, if you are lucky and get a nice node then there is no problem. Also €100/y is not small budget for let so u can find these specs easily. Did u take a look at BuyVM lux. location?

That's also what I read indeed, I am just afraid that the performance is absolute trash. But I wanna avoid playing the lottery if I can.

Yes, I also checked out BuyVM, they are priced decent, however for $84/year (SLICE 2048) you get;
    1 core
    2 GB RAM
    40 GB SSD
    1Gbit/s unlimited

Or for the same price (STORAGE 250):
    1 Core
    1GB RAM
    250 GB (HDD I assume)
    1Gbit/s unlimited

Which is below my minimum specs. Would've loved to go with them since they seem like a great company, but their products don't really find my requirements, and if they did it would be above my yearly budget.

• DyonDyon Member

@Hosteroid said:
    Hey @Dyon ,

Both are fine with me, annually preferred

• HosteroidHosteroid Member, Patron Provider

@Dyon said:

@Hosteroid said:
    Hey @Dyon ,

Both are fine with me, annually preferred

2vCPU
    4GB RAM
    250GB SSD
    32TB Bandwidth on 1Gb link
    Romania
    If you need more vcpu or ram let me know?

Thanked by 1Dyon
  • AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2023

We have the following plans:

4 vCPU Processor
    16GB DDR4 Memory
    120GB NVMe SSD
    Unmetered Fair Share (10 Gbit)
    $7.99/month

OR

2 vCPU AMD Ryzen 9 7950X
    8GB DDR5 Memory
    500GB Gen4 NVMe SSD
    $14/month ($12/mo for 5950X)

https://clients.advinservers.com

We have availability of both plans in Netherlands. 48 hour refund policy if you are not happy.

Our VPS lineup is currently undergoing a hardware refresh, we will soon be upgrading existing EPYC ROME nodes to MILAN and deploying new users on MILAN within the next 1-2 months.

• @Calin maybe can help

Thanked by 1Calin
  • DyonDyon Member

@Hosteroid @Advin Thanks for the offer! Will definitely keep your offers in mind, since I just posted this I will wait a bit longer for more replies :)

• AC_FanAC_Fan Member

Server-Factory will again have the 60€/yr (2/8/200) offer soon, pair with a Calin 5.69€/yr for the Linux ISOs.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • DyonDyon Member

@AC_Fan said:
    Server-Factory will again have the 60€/yr (2/8/200) offer soon, pair with a Calin 5.69€/yr for the Linux ISOs.

Server-Factory was also on my radar, but was sadly sold out. Will keep an eye out for them for sure!

• Prep21Prep21 Member

Try @kuroit
    Not sure about the torrenting and piracy.

• hostarishostaris Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2023

We can offer the following for £48/year

2 Cores (Ryzen 9 5900X/5950X)
    4GB DDR4 RAM
    200GB NVME SSD
    1Gbit/s Unmetered
    United Kingdom OR Germany

Happy to offer a trial for benchmarks.

As it's a custom plan you'd have to message us.

Thanked by 1Dyon
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2023

[offer in reply to request]

Mod edit (angstrom): removed

• angstromangstrom Moderator

Hi @Maounique , please bear in mind that you need a Host Rep tag in order to reply to requests

• @Advin said:
    We have the following plans:

4 vCPU Processor
    16GB DDR4 Memory
    120GB NVMe SSD
    $7.99/month

OR

2 vCPU AMD Ryzen 9 7950X
    8GB DDR5 Memory
    500GB Gen4 NVMe SSD
    $14/month ($12/mo for 5950X)

https://clients.advinservers.com

We have availability of both plans in Netherlands. 48 hour refund policy if you are not happy.

Our VPS lineup is currently undergoing a hardware refresh, we will soon be upgrading existing EPYC ROME nodes to MILAN and deploying new users on MILAN within the next 1-2 months.

Can unsend the yabs from 4vcore 120Gb nvme?
    And where is the location?
    Oh yeah, what abt the clock speed?

For the 7950x
    Is there any 4vCPU?

edited June 2023

@angstrom said: Hi @Maounique , please bear in mind that you need a Host Rep tag in order to reply to requests

No I don't, I am not posting even a link, and I am using those services myself. If the OP is interested, can ask me where he can find this:

2 Core @2.6 Ghz
    4 GB Dedicated RAM
    200GB Disk
    1 IPv4, /64 IPv6 Addresses
    10000 GB Dedicated internet bandwidth
    Italy Location

40 Eur a year or 4 a month.

Besides, I had one and has been removed after I have been banned and not restored, while everyone knows I am representing a host in here.

You can threaten with the rules and ban me, but I won't stop doing what I think is right, helping people choose. If you want to hide some offers to "shield" readers here from top quality and rock bottom price offers from a big and stable company in the EU, then go ahead and ban me because I won't stop doing this for as long as I am not banned.

Thanked by 1Frecyboy
  • @Maounique said:

@angstrom said: Hi @Maounique , please bear in mind that you need a Host Rep tag in order to reply to requests

No I don't, I am not posting even a link, and I am using those services myself. If the OP is interested, can ask me where he can find this:

2 Core @2.6 Ghz
    4 GB Dedicated RAM
    200GB Disk
    1 IPv4, /64 IPv6 Addresses
    10000 GB Dedicated internet bandwidth
    Italy Location

40 Eur a year or 4 a month.

Besides, I had one and has been removed after I have been banned and not restored, while everyone knows I am representing a host in here.

You can ban me, but I won't stop doing what I think is right, helping people choose. If you want to hide some offers to "shield" readers here from top quality and rock bottom price offers, then go ahead and ban me.

Chill bro
    If OP got interested, can try Prometeus.
    I can vouch since I was their customer with over 10 VPS

Thanked by 1Maounique
    edited June 2023

@Patriarch said: If OP got interested, can try Prometeus.

Exactly, this is why I don't post any links, if ppl are interested, will ask me in DM, like the OP did. so there will be no "promotion" without paying the fees in the board.
    Technically, they have no reason to ban me, but I am sure the rules will be changed to allow for that, in the continuation of the proud history of the board.
    BTW, Prometeus is now a brand of cdlan, a big company with own tier 4 dc, but who cares, let us promote summerhosts, some of them with even higher prices.

• DyonDyon Member

@Patriarch said:

Chill bro
    If OP got interested, can try Prometeus.
    I can vouch since I was their customer with over 10 VPS

Thank you, both.
    I reached out to @Maounique, indeed referring to Prometeus.
    Prometeus does indeed offer almost what I am looking for. But the disk is HDD and not SSD, which I do not prefer. Fast disk is something that I want since I also will be writing stuff to a database regularly, and I am afraid that wont go smoothly via an HDD. But will keep them in mind.

Thanked by 1Maounique
    edited June 2023

@Dyon said: But the disk is HDD

Not true, it is SAN which is a complex system with advanced RAM caching AND enterprise grade SSD only touched by the supplier (HITACHI) as per the maintenance contract and using only their approved disks. Its internal back-ups are, indeed, dumped on a large HDD array, but that is another story.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • JarryJarry Member

Try webtropia. Looking at their price/spec-list, they are in direct competition with contabo...

• vpsvpsvpsvps Member
    edited June 2023

If US Is still an option.. dedipath NYC VPS's

150GB SSD Disk Space
    3 CPU
    5GB RAM
    1 IPv4
    Unmetered Bandwidth
    1Gbps Port
    $112 year with recurring coupon FATHERSDAY40

https://portal.dedipath.com/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=1&aff=1829

Non aff: https://portal.dedipath.com/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=1

• @Jarry said:
    Try webtropia. Looking at their price/spec-list, they are in direct competition with contabo...

Indeed they are competing with contabo in pricing, specs, etc.
    But also had a bad review for high CPU steal, IOPS limit, etc (you can try search on LET about them).
    If OP can consider for US, I really vouch @LittleCreek since I'm one of their customer from beginning of this year till now. (I had more than 50 VPS with them in totally)
    Fast response support and reliable services.

edited June 2023

@Patriarch said: (I had more than 50 VPS with them in totally

@Patriarch said: I was their customer with over 10 VPS

How many of those do you have? Just curious and a feel-good moment, it would mean I am not as crazy as I would think, there could be worse.

• @Maounique said:

@Patriarch said: (I had more than 50 VPS with them in totally

@Patriarch said: I was their customer with over 10 VPS

How many of those do you have? Just curious and a feel-good moment, it would mean I am not as crazy as I would think, there is worse.

15 still active rn with various specs from 4GB to 16GB RAM and the rest already inactive due to the project was done.

@Patriarch said: 15 still active rn with various specs from 4GB to 16GB RAM and the rest already inactive due to the project was done.

Aha, so you are not just a collector, you have a use for them :P
    bows

• JarryJarry Member

@Patriarch said:

@Jarry said:

Indeed they are competing with contabo in pricing, specs, etc.
    But also had a bad review for high CPU steal, IOPS limit, etc (you can try search on LET about them).

You know: you get, what you payed for. I have vps-s from both Contabo & Webtropia, and I'd say they are comparable. For 5€/month you can not expect miracle...

• DyonDyon Member

I want to thank everyone for replying to this thread and helping me out. After comparing and receiving multiple offers, I have found one that fits my requirements.

Thanked by 1Jasonhyperhost

@Jarry said: For 5€/month you can not expect miracle...

Or you haven't checked reputable hosts with decades in the business and only good reviews.