Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ivacy lifetime deal is back on Stacksocial - from 39,99$
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ivacy lifetime deal is back on Stacksocial - from 39,99$

As I was made aware by a thread on another forum, Ivacy lifetime deal is back in Stacksocial, after it had been removed shortly after the 18$ deal.

https://stacksocial.com/sales/ivacy-vpn-lifetime-subscription-5-multi-logins

Ivacy has come a long way since I purchased it in 2017 and Wireguard works nicely with their apps. Overall, the android app feels way more polished than before, and Ivacy is good for unblocking various channels and flix regions.
They are reselling purevpn, but that's not bad per sé.

The last Stacksocial Ivacy deal included free port forwarding (it wasn't in the item description, but ir was a free surprise addon after checkout). It could be that this is still the case..

Comments

• TimRooTimRoo Member

Does their Chrome extension have whitelisting?

That price still seems decent for those who don't have it.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • nick_nick_ Member

@TimRoo said:

Yes, I'm using it. It's called "Bypass Proxy". The extension itself is pretty simple though.

Thanked by 2Ympker TimRoo
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@TimRoo said:

Yeah, the price is quite decent to get access to PureVPN's infra.
    The extension has "bypass proxy" feature and is otherwhise simple.
    The android app works smoothly for me now (in contrast to before).

Thanked by 1TimRoo
  • TimRooTimRoo Member

Great! Turns out their extension has a 1 day trial. The bypass proxy is a little clunky (have to reconnect after ever change to the list) but it does work. Maxes out my internet connection too. Went ahead and bought it. Looks like it redeemed as 5 year, even though StackSocial clearly says lifetime. Might have to open a ticket on that.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Not too bad.

• @TimRoo said:
    Great! Turns out their extension has a 1 day trial. The bypass proxy is a little clunky (have to reconnect after ever change to the list) but it does work. Maxes out my internet connection too. Went ahead and bought it. Looks like it redeemed as 5 year, even though StackSocial clearly says lifetime. Might have to open a ticket on that.

After 5 years you need to ask support for an extension.

Thanked by 2Ympker TimRoo
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@TimRoo said:

After 5 years you need to ask support for extension. This was stated somewhere, maybe they forgot it in the new description.

Thanked by 1TimRoo
  • TimRooTimRoo Member

@Ympker said:

@TimRoo said:

After 5 years you need to ask support for extension. This was stated somewhere, maybe they forgot it in the new description.

OK thanks. I thought it was something like that but that didn't easily pop up in a search. Appreciate it!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@TimRoo said:

@Ympker said:

@TimRoo said:

OK thanks. I thought it was something like that but that didn't easily pop up in a search. Appreciate it!

No worries :)

Yeah, it's been posted a couple times :tongue:

Thanked by 1TimRoo
  • Can anyone confirm port forwarding is included? If so, it's worth it.

Thanked by 2r4h156 TimRoo
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@TimboJones said:
    Can anyone confirm port forwarding is included? If so, it's worth it.

It's been included in the 18$ deal. To find out if it's included right now, someone probably would've had to purchase it.

• TimRooTimRoo Member
    edited June 2023

@TimboJones said:

My new account says "Port Forwarding Free" with Status: Active.

@Ympker said:

@TimRoo said:

@Ympker said:

@TimRoo said:

I was using LET search. My mistake :blush:

• nokstarnokstar Member
    edited June 2023

guys for what you use VPN? i think all sites have SSL now.
    Are you using VPN to watch streaming services? I want to buy a deal but can't think of a usecase.

• @Ympker said:

@TimboJones said:

It's been included in the 18$ deal. To find out if it's included right now, someone probably would've had to purchase it.

I'll hold off. Looks like I have PIA until Christmas, so I'll jump on a black Friday deal.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited June 2023

@nokstar said:
    can't think of a usecase.

Then you don't need it. Your wallet thanks you.

If you use open WiFi hotspots, you probably need a VPN. But you don't need a third party service for that.

People on LET generally use it for torrenting without DMCA notices and to geo locate to other regions for TV or other pay avoidance (ie, paying for Netflix in countries cheaper than your home country).

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • nokstarnokstar Member
    edited June 2023

@TimboJones said:

@nokstar said:

If you use open WiFi hotspots, you probably need a VPN. But you don't need a third party service for that.

if you are visiting sites with SSL, is there anything to worry about open WIFI without VPN?

• @nokstar said:

@TimboJones said:

@nokstar said:

if you are visiting sites with SSL, is there anything to worry about open WIFI without VPN?

I'm not up on the latest MiTM attacks, but I'd say unless you're in a sketchy country, it's not likely an issue. But at an Airport? I wouldn't.

• I always use a VPN on public wifi, for many reasons similar to those stated here, and for the occasional linux iso download. But another reason is basic trust -- yes, most sites have SSL these days, but what about all the programs and apps I have installed? Are all their connections secure? I'd love to think so, but who knows, really, so the VPN adds a layer of security there, imperfect as it may be.

Also, when I'm on a network that I don't want tracking what I visit -- if I'm at work and during my lunch break want to browse reddit or whatnot, do I want my employer able to see what I'm visiting? I tend to connect to a VPN for situations like that, as well. I don't think that 99.9999% of what I visit would ever likely be a problem, but it's more a better-safe-than-sorry approach.

Thanked by 3farsighter Arkas Ympker
  • r4h156r4h156 Member

@TimRoo said:

Can you please confirm if your plan includes 10 devices as the previous StackSocial offer did? https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3650391/#Comment_3650391

Thanks!

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2023

@TimRoo said:

@TimboJones said:

@Ympker said:

@TimRoo said:

@Ympker said:

@TimRoo said:

I was using LET search. My mistake :blush:

I always search stuff on lowendtalk via Google, since results tend to be way better xD

@TimboJones said:

@Ympker said:

@TimboJones said:

I'll hold off. Looks like I have PIA until Christmas, so I'll jump on a black Friday deal.

No worries, mate. I'm sure PIA is just fine :) Does it offer anything Ivacy (or any other lifetime vpn) doesn't have that justifies paying a recurring sub for it rather than a one time fee, though?
    I've used NordVPN before purchasing Keepsolid/Ivacy lifetime back in 2016, and I've found that I'm not missing out on anything. Granted, I only use VPN for public wifi, streaming stuff, unblocking streaming services, cheaper shopping, and occasionaly for dl.
    However, I have not missed the yearly deduction from my bank account once :tongue: . Felt good not having a recurring sub (/deduction from my bank account) for this purpose anymore.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited June 2023

@TimboJones said:

@Ympker said:

@TimboJones said:

No worries, mate. I'm sure PIA is just fine :) Does it offer anything Ivacy (or any other lifetime vpn) doesn't have that justifies paying a recurring sub for it rather than a one time fee, though?
    I've used NordVPN before purchasing Keepsolid/Ivacy lifetime back in 2016, and I've found that I'm not missing out on anything. Granted, I only use VPN for public wifi, streaming stuff, unblocking streaming services, cheaper shopping, and occasionaly for dl.
    However, I have not missed the yearly deduction from my bank account once :tongue: . Felt good not having a recurring sub (/deduction from my bank account) for this purpose anymore.

I got a 5-year PIA deal for the port forwarding feature and have two VPN unlimited (10 devices) lifetime deals.

The VPN Unlimited is not used since they have free socks5 and performance is better over socks5. So I'm mostly just interested in port forwarding for automated qbittorrent setups. If VPN Unlimited ever got port forwarding (doubtful), I'm set.

Edit: I should mention that PIA has decent support for various scripts that tie in with Dockers and qbittorrent that makes life easy.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2023

Looking for NordVPN lifetime subscription 😂 so many VPN services nowadays and the best one is still will be own VPN server as this way you definitely know that the data/logs are not stored

• TimRooTimRoo Member

@r4h156 said:

@TimRoo said:

Can you please confirm if your plan includes 10 devices as the previous StackSocial offer did? https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3650391/#Comment_3650391

Thanks!

There's 2 offers - 5 logins for $40, 10 logins for $60. I bought the $40 one and got 5 logins.

Thanked by 3r4h156 Ympker default
  • @WebProject said:
    this way you definitely know that the data/logs are not stored

but then you're solely responsible for ANY traffic whatsoever so logs aren't even needed :)

• @WebProject said:
    Looking for NordVPN lifetime subscription 😂 so many VPN services nowadays and the best one is still will be own VPN server as this way you definitely know that the data/logs are not stored

I've got opnsense at home with wireguard VPN for phone browsing. As most people should setup (VPN to home with ad blocking).

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2023

@TimboJones said:

@TimboJones said:

@Ympker said:

@TimboJones said:

I got a 5-year PIA deal for the port forwarding feature and have two VPN unlimited (10 devices) lifetime deals.

The VPN Unlimited is not used since they have free socks5 and performance is better over socks5. So I'm mostly just interested in port forwarding for automated qbittorrent setups. If VPN Unlimited ever got port forwarding (doubtful), I'm set.

Edit: I should mention that PIA has decent support for various scripts that tie in with Dockers and qbittorrent that makes life easy.

Ah, I see. Never used the free socks5 proxy from VPN Unlimited iirc. Can you link to it? Only used their apps/configs and the browser extension (which would also be a proxy) so far.
    If they offer free socks5, I might tell that to some of my friends who could use it :)

Ivacy was last sold with free port forwarding addon, so you might wanna try your luck if it's still included :tongue: Still, if PIA works as intended, might as well keep it.

@WebProject said:

That is, if you care about logs. With commercial vpn providers you'll likely never be able to tell whether they keep data/logs or not, so the things I do (unblocking streaming services/cheaper games shopping/public wifi) are things I wouldn't regret the vpn provider knowing about. I just assume everything is logged and act accordingly :) A little own vpn is nice, but for me it's the amount of locations and the reliability of unblocking services like flix that makes a commercial vpn the better choice for me. Ofc, a self hosted vpn also has recurring fees.

• @Ympker said:

@TimboJones said:

@TimboJones said:

@Ympker said:

@TimboJones said:

Ah, I see. Never used the free socks5 proxy from VPN Unlimited iirc. Can you link to it? Only used their apps/configs and the browser extension (which would also be a proxy) so far.
    If they offer free socks5, I might tell that to some of my friends who could use it :)

https://www.vpnunlimited.com/blog/what-is-socks5-proxy

Page has a addresses and the login info.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@TimboJones said:

@Ympker said:

@TimboJones said:

@TimboJones said:

@Ympker said:

@TimboJones said:

Thanks :) It's only like 4 locations it seems, but better than nothing for those without vpn.

• @Ympker said:

@TimboJones said:

@Ympker said:

@TimboJones said:

@TimboJones said:

@Ympker said:

@TimboJones said:

Thanks :) It's only like 4 locations it seems, but better than nothing for those without vpn.

For torrenting, you actually want less locations for higher peers...

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@TimboJones said:

@Ympker said:

@TimboJones said:

@Ympker said:

@TimboJones said:

@TimboJones said:

@Ympker said:

@TimboJones said:

For torrenting, you actually want less locations for higher peers...

Ah, I never really got into torrenting, so didn't know. In that case :)