Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Object Storage - S3 Compatible (Max Budget $5/month)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Object Storage - S3 Compatible (Max Budget $5/month)

horasjeyhorasjey Member

Hello everyone.

I need Object Storage (like s3) for hosting my image on my website. My visitor is mostly come from southest asia. I need Obj Storage that support

Bandwidth : unlimited
Storage : 1TB
Free HTTPS request
99% uptime
unmetered GET/PUT/DELETE/STAT request
Free support costum domain (optional)
support cloudflare (optional)

Thanks

Comments

• emghemgh Member
    edited June 2023

No provider gives you unmethered requests for 1 TB for $5

They charge both for the requests themselves

And for the bandwidth

Backblaze is cheap

GleSYS provides what you want in general, but they charge over $50 per TB

• iDrive e2?

• Wasabi

• @socialzzz said:
    Wasabi

Wasabi doesn't permit egress > stored data, they'll suspend you for it.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@febryanvaldo said:
    iDrive e2?

Be aware of the egress policy though, it's not unlimited.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • @MallocVoidstar said:

@socialzzz said:
    Wasabi

Incorrect

https://wasabi.com/glossary/egress-charges-definition/

• cochoncochon Member

@socialzzz said:

@MallocVoidstar said:

@socialzzz said:
    Wasabi

Incorrect

Err following that link gives...

If your monthly egress data transfer is greater than your active storage volume, then your storage use case is not a good fit for Wasabi’s free egress policy. 

If your use case exceeds the guidelines of our free egress policy on a regular basis, we reserve the right to limit or suspend your service.

• socialzzzsocialzzz Member
    edited June 2023

@cochon said:

@socialzzz said:

@MallocVoidstar said:

@socialzzz said:
    Wasabi

Incorrect

If your monthly egress data transfer is greater than your active storage volume, then your storage use case is not a good fit for Wasabi’s free egress policy. 

If your use case exceeds the guidelines of our free egress policy on a regular basis, we reserve the right to limit or suspend your service.

i dont know what your talking about the link for me is

Most leading cloud providers allow their customers to input data into the cloud for free. However, when that data is retrieved from the cloud, these providers will then charge large fees; this is what's known as a data egress.

What Does Wasabi Think of Egress Charges?
    Egress charges have long been one of the biggest inhibitors to companies wanting to move their data into (and out of) the cloud, and that’s because these charges make it virtually impossible to predict how much money will actually be spent to effectively manage data.

While all the other leading object storage vendors still charge their customers to retrieve data from storage, Wasabi has made it a point to eliminate all egress fees. By getting rid of all these and other hidden charges that are all-too-commonly associated with cloud storage, we’re helping to increase transparency for our customers, while eliminating unpredictable, frustrating, and complex access expenses.

Defined Policy

For example, if you store 100 TB with Wasabi and download (egress) 100 TB or less within a monthly billing cycle, then your storage use case is a good fit for our policy. If your monthly downloads exceed 100 TB, then your use case is not a good fit.

• It's not in your budget but I'd go with cloudflare R2 as I believe that's the only blob storage provider that won't bill you for bandwidth. You just pay more for storage.

That said, if most of your clients are in SEA, you may be better off not using a CDN and serving everything from a vps instead.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

I think the closest you will get is $5/250GB for any reasonable request rate. Maybe 500GB.

Somewhere that does bandwidth pooling that you also have VPS with can be a good way to get enough bandwidth for your Object Storage needs.

• sreekanth850sreekanth850 Member
    edited June 2023

You can check wasabi cloud storage. They don't have egress fees or api request fees. Their base tier starts at 6$/TB. (But they don't allow bandwidth more than the storage.)

Thanked by 1socialzzz
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

Why not cf r2?

• cochoncochon Member

@socialzzz said:

@cochon said:

@socialzzz said:

@MallocVoidstar said:

@socialzzz said:
    Wasabi

Incorrect

i dont know what your talking about the link for me is

Most leading cloud providers allow their customers to input data into the cloud for free. However, when that data is retrieved from the cloud, these providers will then charge large fees; this is what's known as a data egress.

What Does Wasabi Think of Egress Charges?
    Egress charges have long been one of the biggest inhibitors to companies wanting to move their data into (and out of) the cloud, and that’s because these charges make it virtually impossible to predict how much money will actually be spent to effectively manage data.

While all the other leading object storage vendors still charge their customers to retrieve data from storage, Wasabi has made it a point to eliminate all egress fees. By getting rid of all these and other hidden charges that are all-too-commonly associated with cloud storage, we’re helping to increase transparency for our customers, while eliminating unpredictable, frustrating, and complex access expenses.

Defined Policy

For example, if you store 100 TB with Wasabi and download (egress) 100 TB or less within a monthly billing cycle, then your storage use case is a good fit for our policy. If your monthly downloads exceed 100 TB, then your use case is not a good fit.

I don't get the 'defined policy' part you quote, just the paragraphs above that. Instead I get 'Related links' and the pricing FAQ there clarifies the free egress limits (and account suspension) I quoted.

That said, the defined policy you have quoted seems to confirm what I posted, in different words, and confirms what @MallocVoidstar posted which you flagged as incorrect.

• @febryanvaldo said:
    iDrive e2?

I recently signed up for an account and soon got an email with an "We have made changes to IDrive® e2 plans and the free 10 GB storage is being discontinued." and a $10/year recommendation. Will it be $40 in a year? And why hasn't the web fixed it? I deleted my account immediately.

• @balloon said:

@febryanvaldo said:
    iDrive e2?

I recently signed up for an account and soon got an email with an "We have made changes to IDrive® e2 plans and the free 10 GB storage is being discontinued." and a $10/year recommendation. Will it be $40 in a year? And why hasn't the web fixed it? I deleted my account immediately.

iDrive has been sending me emails for months now, desperately urging me to upgrade my unused free account...

• backblaze+cloudflare

Thanked by 1Warkos
  • edited June 2023

@socialzzz said:

@MallocVoidstar said:

@socialzzz said:
    Wasabi

Incorrect

https://wasabi.com/paygo-pricing-faq/#free-egress-policy (Question number 8, scroll down)

• @BetaRacks said:
    backblaze+cloudflare

+1 on this.

If you use Cloudflare and backblaze, they won't charge you for bandwidth because of bandwidth alliance.

But if you have too much images and don't have html files, Cloudflare will ban you for serving too much images.

• If content is static, I would try cloudflare r2 + cloudflare cache

• @Megumiso said:

+1 on this.

If you use Cloudflare and backblaze, they won't charge you for bandwidth because of bandwidth alliance.

But if you have too much images and don't have html files, Cloudflare will ban you for serving too much images.

For non-HTML content you have unmetered bandwidth if you use R2.

https://blog.cloudflare.com/updated-tos/

• ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

@sreekanth850 said:
    You can check wasabi cloud storage. They don't have egress fees or api request fees. Their base tier starts at 6$/TB. (But they don't allow bandwidth more than the storage.)

Did they remove the rule that each file must be stored there for min 30 days otherwise it gets billed anyway?

• @Shazan said:

@sreekanth850 said:

Did they remove the rule that each file must be stored there for min 30 days otherwise it gets billed anyway?

Don't knoe about such rule. We use it as a additional backup. So we didnt checked about that.

• ZreindZreind Member

What about buying a VPS with 1 TB storage and installing minio and proxying it with Cloudflare?

• MicrocharonMicrocharon Member
    edited June 2023

LayerStack S3-Compatible Object Storage recommended. Pricing

They have regions in Singapore and Hong Kong.

Thanked by 1balloon
  • @cochon said:

@socialzzz said:

@MallocVoidstar said:

@socialzzz said:
    Wasabi

Incorrect

This is not wasabi, this is idrive e2.

• cochoncochon Member

@yokowasis said:

@cochon said:

@socialzzz said:

@MallocVoidstar said:

@socialzzz said:
    Wasabi

Incorrect

This is not wasabi, this is idrive e2.

It may well be idrive's policy too, but those lines are quoted from the wasabi pricing FAQ page, not idrive. As linked and fully quoted by @MallocVoidstar above.

• @Shazan said:

@sreekanth850 said:

No this still exists and unfortunately its actually 90 days not 30 days

I think it still works out cheaper than S3 though (but its been a long time since I've done the maths).

We use Wasabi for object storage but we mostly store things long-term, e.g report PDFs, database backups, etc so its never been something I've wanted to look in to as we don't delete much

Thanked by 1Shazan
  • +1 for wasabi. At least performance was comparable and can apply bench of polices like S3.

• edited June 2023

https://www.hetzner.com/storage/storage-box
    maybe someone have experience with this?

• ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

@lukehebb said:

@Shazan said:

@sreekanth850 said:

No this still exists and unfortunately its actually 90 days not 30 days

I think it still works out cheaper than S3 though (but its been a long time since I've done the maths).

We use Wasabi for object storage but we mostly store things long-term, e.g report PDFs, database backups, etc so its never been something I've wanted to look in to as we don't delete much

Thank you. For my usecase that would be very expensive because I would need to save big backup files for 7 days and rotate them. All of them would be counted for 90 days and that would be insane...