Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need cheap small trustworthy VPS with 99.99%+ uptime - yearly payment - US data center
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need cheap small trustworthy VPS with 99.99%+ uptime - yearly payment - US data center

jlet88jlet88 Member
edited June 2023 in General

As per title of thread: Just need a cheap small trustworthy VPS with 99.99%+ uptime - yearly payment - in a US data center.

Like many of you, I'm the designated IT guy in the family, so this is for hosting some of my family's little personal PG-rated websites, nothing crazy, no freedom of speech issues, no controversy, very low risk of DDOS attacks, no crazy specs. Don't want to use shared hosting. But I do want cheap and VERY reliable.

I want to avoid putting them on one of my existing VPSes or servers where my business and personal projects are, and I also want to use this as an opportunity to try some different providers (hey, I might discover a new provider I like!), and I would prefer not to use the "big" providers for this stuff.

Mainly just want it to be super reliable so my family members don't complain about down time. (Love my family and I'm doing this for free, but I also want to give them very reliable hosting and I don't want any extra headaches.)

Thanks for your input!

EDIT: As for the definition of "cheap" - I would prefer not to spend more than $100 per year on this for family. Preferably $40-$60, and maybe $50 would be the sweet spot if possible. Depends on final specs after I compare some providers.

Comments