Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS in SEA
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPS in SEA

Hi, I'm looking for a small VPS in SEA, preferably SG/HK/VN for running Adguard Home (rate limited to 20 reqs/s, comes out to about ~900k-1m reqs/month for all devices I own). Distance to my city (HCM) is very important since DNS is latency-sensitive.

The total requests per month is probably a bit inflated since my old shitty Totolink router kept pinging a random server (probably owned by Totolink) every 3 seconds, and I changed it out a few days ago.

CPU is unimportant but I like heavy caching so at least 1G of RAM and 12GB of SSD would be nice, but not a hard requirement.

Bandwidth and network speed would also be unimportant, I'd imagine 500GB bandwidth at 200Mbps would be plenty for running a DNS server.

Pricing is the most important factor here. I'd prefer 16 USD/yr, the lower the better.

Comments

• That's low budget for SEA I guess, these providers can provide something custom maybe @MikeA @NDTN @kuroit @speedypage

Thanked by 1ManishPant
  • @anubhavhirani said:
    That's low budget for SEA I guess, these providers can provide something custom maybe @MikeA @NDTN @kuroit @speedypage

Yeah it’s definitely a low budget. I’m currently using a VPS in SG from Webhosting24 for 15 euros per year, but only with 512MB of RAM and 7GB of SSD. I was just hoping to trade network speed or CPU speed (my VPS has 1 Ryzen 3900X CPU, 1Gbps which I think is overkill) for more RAM and disk.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

GreenCloudVPS has BudgetKVMVN-2 plan that is right there in Ho Chi Minh City.
    It's $25/year and you'll have to wait for restock.

• https://trumvps.vn/ 25$ / yeah . 1gb ram , 1 core and 20gb ssd

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

@anubhavhirani said:
    That's low budget for SEA I guess, these providers can provide something custom maybe @MikeA @NDTN @kuroit @speedypage

Thanks for the mention

That's really a very low budget, and I believe only GreenCloudVPS Budget KVM VPS will be better for you, which would be $25 a little higher than your budget, but you get reliable service.

• Do you want to consider my transfer? I can still provide a lower price. https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/186654/kuroit-premium-sgp-nvme-vps#latest

Thanked by 1tommymuadai
  • Thank you everyone for the suggestions, I have decided to wait for Greencloud Restock. In the meantime I'll subscribe and test out NextDNS.

• OneAsiaHost.

• conceptconcept Member
    edited June 2023

If you are ok with NAT VPS,
    whplus.com
    1vCore,
    1GB RAM,
    20GB Storage,
    1TB Bandwidth,
    1 shared IPv4 ,
    20 tcp/udp port + 1 redirect SSH port,
    Domain Forwarding only to port 80/443,