Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free MetalVPS Intel i9-13900 Traditional Command Line Shell Accounts! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free MetalVPS Intel i9-13900 Traditional Command Line Shell Accounts!

2»

Comments

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@Otus9051 said:

@Not_Oles said:

@Otus9051 said:
    hi
    i am otus

heres why you should keep me onboard:
    1. i am otus
    2. i do stuff
    3. i was a sysadmin so i wont break anything
    4. i like idlers
    5. i am on let
    6. idk any more points
    7. i am otus

given below is my edd25519 key that i specifically created for this

ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIOXPut1n6ahb9S0GCX6+f4Ad3lN7fyKWROg5qb3gFBxe otus@endeavour

thanks and bye

Hi younger bro!

Thanks for the short lines in your request! Nowadays line lengths are getting longer, so it's good to read something with short lines!

Later, if you decide to provide full information, MetalVPS can give additional consideration. I want to keep trying to give you an account.

Best wishes!

Tom

currently i have restarted my pmos porting project (will make a thread with a rant soon) and my laptop is kinda dying, its really hot here like 40C or something and the laptop gets hot as the sun (75-80C) under load. none of my idlers have that much of storage to suffice either, so i was looking forward to this to not only lower the risk of burning my house down, but also to reduce compilation time by a tad bit.

one of my idlers with august does have the storage, but its currently occupied by someone else, he's known as NipponGSI, very renowned in the android GSI community for porting OEM ROMs to GSIs. he doesn't have a server, and i dont want him to loose his relevance to the android community, thus i decided to let him use it. with 100GB of storage sometimes he manages to run out of disk space haha

it has been a target of mine to port pmos to my phone for 3 years almost, in March-May 2022 the project was abandoned because i had nothing to do, but now that i have uart, i think i may find leads.

fyi pmos means postmarketOS

and about me, as you all know i am otus, 14, have an asn, have worked multiple companies, enough to know what company politics is, i know c/c++ and java, using linux since 6 when i found out virtualbox/vmware was a thing from a YouTube video (thanks siam alam)

and thanks tom, you are one of the nicest person on let

Hi Otus!

It's all good. I enjoyed your request. I enjoyed the music video in your sig. I enjoy your contributions here at LES.

For MetalVPS, though, let's enjoy a brief pause at least until you get to be 15. That shouldn't be too long, cuz you've been 14 for awhile now, haven't you?

Thanks again! I wish you the best! Talk more soon! :)

Tom

@dav848 said:

@Not_Oles said:

@dav848 said:
    just want to try, maybe us as port forwarding or setup cake algorithm between my local pi and block some dns query

ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIDoYoJBX0KQZUnPQtECZkhldvgkRTyz/RS7alQz+m3rN

Hi @dav848!

Thanks for your request! Sounds like you have a fun setup with your local pi! I would be delighted to give you an account.

Would it be too crazy for you to provide additional information about yourself? Maybe give MetalVPS a bit more to go on when evaluating your request? I want to keep trying to give you an account!

Best wishes!

Tom

Hi, 😊
    As i see Metalvps's purpose is about helping free and open source software or anything related
    Unfortunately i don't have any background in IT development stuff or any participate in projects
    I just use other people's github apps for fun
    I think its better this kinda services reach to people who need it
    I pass
    Thank you 🙂

Hi @dav848!

Thank you so much! I hope you continue to have fun!

Best wishes for sure!

Tom

• @Not_Oles said:

@Otus9051 said:

@Not_Oles said:

@Otus9051 said:
    hi
    i am otus

heres why you should keep me onboard:
    1. i am otus
    2. i do stuff
    3. i was a sysadmin so i wont break anything
    4. i like idlers
    5. i am on let
    6. idk any more points
    7. i am otus

given below is my edd25519 key that i specifically created for this

ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIOXPut1n6ahb9S0GCX6+f4Ad3lN7fyKWROg5qb3gFBxe otus@endeavour

thanks and bye

Hi younger bro!

Thanks for the short lines in your request! Nowadays line lengths are getting longer, so it's good to read something with short lines!

Later, if you decide to provide full information, MetalVPS can give additional consideration. I want to keep trying to give you an account.

Best wishes!

Tom

currently i have restarted my pmos porting project (will make a thread with a rant soon) and my laptop is kinda dying, its really hot here like 40C or something and the laptop gets hot as the sun (75-80C) under load. none of my idlers have that much of storage to suffice either, so i was looking forward to this to not only lower the risk of burning my house down, but also to reduce compilation time by a tad bit.

one of my idlers with august does have the storage, but its currently occupied by someone else, he's known as NipponGSI, very renowned in the android GSI community for porting OEM ROMs to GSIs. he doesn't have a server, and i dont want him to loose his relevance to the android community, thus i decided to let him use it. with 100GB of storage sometimes he manages to run out of disk space haha

it has been a target of mine to port pmos to my phone for 3 years almost, in March-May 2022 the project was abandoned because i had nothing to do, but now that i have uart, i think i may find leads.

fyi pmos means postmarketOS

and about me, as you all know i am otus, 14, have an asn, have worked multiple companies, enough to know what company politics is, i know c/c++ and java, using linux since 6 when i found out virtualbox/vmware was a thing from a YouTube video (thanks siam alam)

and thanks tom, you are one of the nicest person on let

Hi Otus!

It's all good. I enjoyed your request. I enjoyed the music video in your sig. I enjoy your contributions here at LES.

For MetalVPS, though, let's enjoy a brief pause at least until you get to be 15. That shouldn't be too long, cuz you've been 14 for awhile now, haven't you?

Thanks again! I wish you the best! Talk more soon! :)

Tom

I did turn 14 this February, so thats gonna be a long while :p
    But sure! I'll wait.

• ailiceailice Member

@Not_Oles said:
    How should I understand the comparison between what you said above and what you said in the OLS thread?

Ah, That my bad english :D. Basically I want to say is website I working on (I making wordpress theme, back in time) and I want OLS on Alpine Linux for unify my configuration with nginx.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles

Since Debian 12 was released, trixie/sid has seen a few upgrades. I seem to remember a kernel bump and also a gcc bump. These seem to have resulted in a ~100 point Geekbench 6 Single Core increase. Repeating the yabs seems to be consistent within a few points. So the ~100 point increase might be significant.

April 10, 2023

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    ---------------------------------
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 3049                          
    Multi Core      | 17551                         
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/862441

June 22, 2023

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    ---------------------------------
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 3154                          
    Multi Core      | 18513                         
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/1679545

Thanked by 1farsighter

Today I am giving the awesome EX101 server back to Hetzner because not enough people wanted to use it. Perhaps I soon will make a new offer with a different setup. I hope everyone gets the server they want! :)

• @Not_Oles said:
    Today I am giving the awesome EX101 server back to Hetzner because not enough people wanted to use it. Perhaps I soon will make a new offer with a different setup. I hope everyone gets the server they want! :)

I think most people just assume they don't have high enough chances of being accepted and don't even consider applying

Thanked by 2Not_Oles emgh
  • @Not_Oles said:

That server was overkill for low user shell accounts. Maybe try a sub $30 dedicated from oneprovider or something.

Thanked by 2Not_Oles BasToTheMax
  • lyahilyahi Member

@Not_Oles said:

Hi, It is a great pity for me that I registered on this forum so late. Just the kind of account you offer would have been a lifesaver for me. I am compiling kernels for Android and soon ROMs as well. My laptop is unfortunately too weak to build ROMs

Best.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles