Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

servaRICA - EPYC based NVMe Offers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

servaRICA - EPYC based NVMe Offers

servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

Hi Everyone,

It has been long time since we posted any offer but we have something new here

We have created new infra based on AMD EPYC 7302 CPU and some of the fastest NVMe that we could get hold of

The result are excellent VMs with very good performance and very low pricing ( We specifically worked on disk performance as the underlying technology here (xen) is not very good in providing single VM with good performance (it provide good performance to server as whole but not each vm)

We will keep our old offers the same , we are just offering them on the new infra now

here are the plans and the specs of each plan

NVMe VPS

https://clients.servarica.com/store/epyc-plans

NVMe Cub/ 4GB/ 2CPU/ 40GB / 4TB transfer on 1gbps / 1x IPv4 / 5$/m-> here
NVMe Cheetah/ 6GB/ 4CPU/ 80GB / 4TB transfer on 1gbps / 1x IPv4 / 7$/m-> here
NVMe Tiger/ 10GB/ 4CPU/ 150GB / 4TB transfer on 1gbps / 1x IPv4 / 10$_m or 110$/y-> here

give it a shot :)

For anyone who does not know us here are some info about us
servaRICA is VPS provider located in Montreal, Canada. We own and operate our own network and we are not reseller to any other company. We have been in business since 2010

Looking glass: https://ping.servarica.com
speedtest : https://speedtest.servarica.net/

FAQ:
- Where can we find your Terms of Service/Legal documents:
TOS and AUP: https://servarica.com/terms-of-service/

• What are your accepted payment methods: We accept Paypal, Alipay, Credit Cards and crypto currencies like (BTC , ETH etc)

Please let us know what you think

Thanks
Hani

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Sofa.

Thanked by 1servarica_hani
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

According to LowEnd Consumer Bill of Rights:

@james50a said: You have the right to argue if fair usage isn't defined.

CPU usage percentage isn't defined.

• Wow, nice offering.

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

@yoursunny said:
    According to LowEnd Consumer Bill of Rights:

@james50a said: You have the right to argue if fair usage isn't defined.

CPU usage percentage isn't defined.

Basically we expect to the overall all usage of the cores to be 30% over longer periods
    but you can use the all cpu cores for 100% for up to 1 hour before you will get limited for 1 hour

Thanked by 2yoursunny james50a
  • would not recommend, even a simple sort command on storage tier with servarica takes ~4-5 minutes

@khajiit said:
    would not recommend, even a simple sort command on storage tier with servarica takes ~4-5 minutes

This is not normal , If you can open a ticket and i will follow up
    We do daily tests of all our storage servers to make sure the performance is ok
    So if something like this occur it means we have issue that we are not aware of

• it is normal for you. a year or two ago you oversold to people farming chia and iops was so bad you couldn't even run a simple 'ls' on a servarica machine and get a response within ~1 minute

i purchased storage to backup our toronto locations and use as an image mirror and it was so slow i had to disable it. you moved my and other friends vps twice in 2022 which only made it worse.

if you are only cold storing and not using the storage for anything it might be fine for you, otherwise stear clear

this is a bench.sh disk result as of a few minutes ago. you guys still oversell and dont monitor your nodes. i wanted to recommend but i will advise anyone to stear clear

I/O Speed(1st run) : 14.8 MB/s
     I/O Speed(2nd run) : 26.0 MB/s
     I/O Speed(3rd run) : 48.4 MB/s
     I/O Speed(average) : 29.7 MB/s

• @khajiit said:
    it is normal for you. a year or two ago you oversold to people farming chia and iops was so bad you couldn't even run a simple 'ls' on a servarica machine and get a response within ~1 minute

i purchased storage to backup our toronto locations and use as an image mirror and it was so slow i had to disable it. you moved my and other friends vps twice in 2022 which only made it worse.

if you are only cold storing and not using the storage for anything it might be fine for you, otherwise stear clear

this is a bench.sh disk result as of a few minutes ago. you guys still oversell and dont monitor your nodes. i wanted to recommend but i will advise anyone to stear clear

Is this the score on NVME?

Thanked by 1Pawan
  • @crazychen said:

@khajiit said:
    it is normal for you. a year or two ago you oversold to people farming chia and iops was so bad you couldn't even run a simple 'ls' on a servarica machine and get a response within ~1 minute

Storage. Read above.

• @malignify said:

@crazychen said:

@khajiit said:

Storage. Read above.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the result on HDD, especially on a very busy server.

But if this is NVME as storage, it's pretty bad.

@khajiit said:

Just open a ticket or send me the old ticket id and I will handle it
    the numbers are definitely not normal , so we need to debug the issue

Thanks

Thanked by 1Pawan
  • @servarica_hani Is it possible to switch my Salamander Hybrid to yearly? I'm using Paypal and has to manually pay each month, which is mild irritate.

• JabJabJabJab Member

@hades_corps said:
    @servarica_hani Is it possible to switch my Salamander Hybrid to yearly? I'm using Paypal and has to manually pay each month, which is mild irritate.

This seems like a perfect example for a ticket rather than LET posts.

When someone read your question - that they can already see your services on theirs page, how long you with them, did you have any payment problems, can see the notes to your account etc. etc. and are like 1 click away from "change to yearly" panel rather than trying to figuring everything out from your LET name...

• hades_corpshades_corps Member
    edited June 2023

@JabJab said:

@hades_corps said:
    @servarica_hani Is it possible to switch my Salamander Hybrid to yearly? I'm using Paypal and has to manually pay each month, which is mild irritate.

This seems like a perfect example for a ticket rather than LET posts.

When someone read your question - that they can already see your services on theirs page, how long you with them, did you have any payment problems, can see the notes to your account etc. etc. and are like 1 click away from "change to yearly" panel rather than trying to figuring everything out from your LET name...

Yes I get that. The thing is HostHatch stated in the beginning that yearly offers are not converable from monthly plan. Servarica does not, so I'm wondering in case a customer is sastified; can one make a comitment without re-install/migrating.

Basicly they can answer once on LET instead of once for every customer.

• @khajiit said:

```

Can confirm. I can't believe how sluggish of an experience I have had with them.

• @khajiit said:

I can confirm the above too.
    IOwait was so crazy (60-75%) that I couldn't use the server for backup. They moved me to a different server which was fine for a day or two, then, the same thing again. The servers are so bad that updating ubuntu takes 10-15 minutes.

The support is great though, just not the hardware.

• emghemgh Member

@DanSummer said:

@khajiit said:

I don’t know, support seems kind of clueless since several people all say the same thing and support reply that it’s not normal

So either the numbers are fake, or they don’t monitor their nodes

Also, in the case of an ongoing issue, the client shouldn’t have to submit a ticket, the host should know if one node is performing well below what they want to provide

@hades_corps said:

yes you can do it from client area in Upgrade page
    or if you wish just open a ticket

Thanked by 1hades_corps

@lowfront said:

Can confirm. I can't believe how sluggish of an experience I have had with them.

@DanSummer said:

I can confirm the above too.
    IOwait was so crazy (60-75%) that I couldn't use the server for backup. They moved me to a different server which was fine for a day or two, then, the same thing again. The servers are so bad that updating ubuntu takes 10-15 minutes.

@emgh said:

I don’t know, support seems kind of clueless since several people all say the same thing and support reply that it’s not normal

So either the numbers are fake, or they don’t monitor their nodes

Also, in the case of an ongoing issue, the client shouldn’t have to submit a ticket, the host should know if one node is performing well below what they want to provide

if any of you still have service with us please pm me your service id or your ticket id and i will check it for you

Also if you were a client and cancelled because of this please let me know and i will give you 1 month free of charge to try things out

I am using the our storage servers personally and I have good number of VMs and non of them have any issue , same for the whole team

We do tests and monitor metrics on continuance basis but I have to admin that testing does not cover all the day so we do 1 test per server at random time per day

Once I have 1 or 2 VMs that has those performance issues I can find the root cause and fix it. ( the issue could be related to one VPS template that has some issue , also the issue could be related to one compute pool having some issue , I mean there are many causes for this and need some VMs to identify the root cause of the issue )

Just one thing make sure the issue is disk that is slow not the network is far as some users confuse those 2 issues

That being said the offer here is NVMe based which is unrelated to storage VM infra

Thanked by 2maverick amaalex
  • Based on your offering,
    you have a Flying fish offer which consists of 4 VCore for 5usd and a similar priced on on this NVME cub for 2VCore epyc based for the same price.

What is the significant performance difference between the two of them aside from the disk performance (I am interested on the cpu performance).

@listerine90 said:
    Based on your offering,
    you have a Flying fish offer which consists of 4 VCore for 5usd and a similar priced on on this NVME cub for 2VCore epyc based for the same price.

What is the significant performance difference between the two of them aside from the disk performance (I am interested on the cpu performance).

the flying fish CPU is E5-2680v4 while this the NVME cub is AMD EPYC 7302

How that translate to real world performance is hard to measure but generally speaking due to disk speed being faster on the NVME cub you will get better general performance on it compare to flying fish but if you only care about CPU I think 4 vCPU on the flying fish may be slightly better

Again , I didnt do tests to compare both I am just giving openion based on CPU benchmarks