Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AdvinServers will shutdown their Brazil location
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AdvinServers will shutdown their Brazil location

Hello,

I just received email from AdvinServers.com about closure of their Brazil location. Is there any LET provider offer Brazil node so we can switch ?
It's kinda unprofessional to close location in next 5 days with just one simple email but okay.

Their e-mail response:

Dear,

On June 19th, 2023, we are sadly discontinuing our São Paulo location. We apologize for the inconvenience and short notice of this message.

Unfortunately, this location has remained unprofitable and low-demand for a while, and therefore we have had no choice but to discontinue it. Furthermore, due to general failures and issues with our upstream in Brazil, it has been impossible to scale our services and reach a point of profitability in Brazil.

There is a chance that Brazil will come back in the future in the form of owned hardware, but that most likely will not happen for a while.

All virtual machines will be shut down on June 19th, 2023. Please reach out to us over tickets if you need more time, we can temporarily move your virtual private server to Miami.

Please reach out to us over tickets and we will refund your last billing period back to your original payment method for virtual private servers in this location.

Thank you for choosing Advin Servers!

Thanked by 1emgh

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@aveline / Misaka has presence in Equinix SP4, but I doubt you'll be able to get what you currently have at AdvinServers - not for the same price at least.

I believe LightNode (Kaopu Cloud) is there too.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2023

Very surprised by that, i'd of thought Brazil would be popular especially if it's well connected to the local ISP's.

Francisco

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Francisco said:
    Very surprised by that, i'd of thought Brazil would be popular especially if it's well connected to the local ISP's.

Francisco

BuyBrazilVM⚽ upcoming?

$20/year 512MB plan

• emghemgh Member

What?

The email indicates no rush, that it’s simply unprofitable and therefore closing ..

.. and they choose to cut their losses a month prior, costing clients a 5 days notice instead of a 35?

This is why I avoid 95 % of providers here like the plague, this one even had okay-ish rep, and yet treat clients like scraps

I guess that makes sense though since the cost is scraps too, but still

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@yoursunny said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

BuyBrazilVM⚽ upcoming?

$20/year 512MB plan

Huehuehuehuehue

But no.

Francisco

Thanked by 1nepeus
  • avelineaveline Member, Patron Provider

@DP said:
    @aveline / Misaka has presence in Equinix SP4, but I doubt you'll be able to get what you currently have at AdvinServers - not for the same price at least.

I believe LightNode (Kaopu Cloud) is there too.

Thanks for mentioning this, but we won't be able to offer you a competitive deal any time soon. We used to use Maxihost (Latitude.sh) and they had some backbone issues (between SP4 and their own facility) from time to time, then we moved to Equinix SP4 with CDN77.

Brazil is still the most expensive location we have. It's possible to reduce the overall cost by adding more servers and selling them at crazy prices, but we're keeping it the way it is at the moment as the market is quite unpredictable.

Thanked by 2feezioxiii skorous
  • MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@Francisco said:

Francisco

At low end US prices, sure, but not at local rates in Brazil.

• You will probably never find a similar price with that hw.

you may consider this
    https://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/sao-paulo-brazil

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Brazil isn't a popular location compared to the population of other regions. Expensive, heavily reliant on sales to the local population, and many from that region prefer Miami for the many benefits.

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2023

Thank you for the feedback here.

We were able to renegotiate our terms with our provider(s) in our Brazil location, and we were able to provide an extension until July 14th, 2023. An email has been sent out about this extension.

Furthermore, there will be an update every week with "progress" on the discontinuation, and a warning message on the dashboard with users that have active Brazil services.

Thanked by 1tronyx
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited June 2023

I wonder how many $6 dealz are deleted in Brazil.
    The end is nigh for Mumbai, which is likewise an unprofitable location.

Methinks discontinuation of a location shall come with one free migration without data to any location that offers the same plan.
    If the preferred location has the same plan but is out of stock, affected customer can pick a temporary location and receive another free migration for later moving to the preferred location.

If Mumbai is closed, I'll accept Singapore.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2023

@yoursunny said:
    I wonder how many $6 dealz are deleted in Brazil.
    The end is nigh for Mumbai, which is likewise an unprofitable location.

Methinks discontinuation of a location shall come with one free migration without data to any location that offers the same plan.
    If the preferred location has the same plan but is out of stock, affected customer can pick a temporary location and receive another free migration for later moving to the preferred location.

If Mumbai is closed, I'll accept Singapore.

Here was our update email:

We'd like to start off by apologizing for the short closure date that we had outlined in our initial email. We realize that the date will be too short for our users to migrate their services.

Therefore, we have been able to renegotiate terms with our provider(s) and we will now be extending the discontinuation date to July 14th, 2023 rather than June 19th, 2023.

Your VPS in Brazil will remain online until July 14th, 2023, and then shut down. We will refund your last billing period to your original payment method. We hope that this will give you more time to potentially find another provider in the Brazil location, or migrate your services off.

We can also supply you with a free month of any of our Miami VPS (in addition to the refund back to your original payment method), please contact us over tickets for more information.

There will also be a notice of your dashboard in regards to the discontinuation, if you have an activate product in our Brazil location.

We will do migrations to Miami for any customer who asks along with providing a free month of service, in addition to the refund.

Brazil was our least profitable location by far.

• $20/year 512MB plan

That's nice one :)