Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Searching for low cost storage VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Searching for low cost storage VPS

jammin1911jammin1911 Member
edited June 2023 in Requests

I'm currently on Servarica paying CAD$28/mo (USD$21) for 8TB w/ 8GB ram and 4 cores.

Looking for other options with similar pricing.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Needs to be located in US or Canada.

Thanks!

J

Comments

• nick_nick_ Member
    edited June 2023

I think that price is cheap already for a storage VPS. If you are fine with a storage box, Hetzner BX31 costs 20.8 euros for 10TB in Germany and Finland.

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

We can do something sdimilar on a custom quote basis, at some of our US locations with excess capacity.

Contact us at [email protected]

~ SMARTHOST

• Maybe @crunchbits will restock. They are the closest

• febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited June 2023

@crunchbits but they OOS at the moment.

Or you can go with @hosthatch Storage VMs, a little bit pricey compared with yours right now, but they have New York, Chicago and Los Angeles location.

• Excellent suggestions, thank you everyone. Crunchbits looks worth a shot and I'm not in a rush so I'll keep an eye on them.

Thanked by 1febryanvaldo
  • NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

If it is for backups, we have location in Utah:
    https://netdynamics24.com/backup-services.php
    We can do 30% discount lifetime:
    LET30%

• Shoot me a message if you're looking for a very affordable data center!

• ArkasArkas Moderator

he's out.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @Arkas said: s out.

@febryanvaldo said:

Or you can go with @hosthatch Storage VMs, a little bit pricey compared with yours right now, but they have New York, Chicago and Los Angeles location.

Hey, I think I'm going this route. Apparently they are back in stock soon. Do you have a plan with them by chance? If so, could you confirm for me if you can purchase extra storage after you've got a plan. For example if I purchase 8TB can I add 1TB or 2TB a few months down the line if I need more?

• emghemgh Member
    edited June 2023

@jammin1911 said:

@Arkas said: s out.

@febryanvaldo said:

Hey, I think I'm going this route. Apparently they are back in stock soon. Do you have a plan with them by chance? If so, could you confirm for me if you can purchase extra storage after you've got a plan. For example if I purchase 8TB can I add 1TB or 2TB a few months down the line if I need more?

I’m with HostHatch. You can upgrade.

When you upgrade you decide if you’d like to upgrade the disk as well.

If you do this, you can’t downgrade.

However, plans are 8 and 10.

So you can only add 2 TB.

After 10 TB you can contact them to upgrade.

But if/when that’s possible/there’s space, only they can tell.

• HenryjackHenryjack Member
    edited August 2023

@jammin1911 said:
    I'm currently on Servarica paying CAD$28/mo (USD$21) for 8TB w/ 8GB ram and 4 cores.

Thanks!

J

Your requirements matches here AllWebHost they are running the best deal on VPS hosting>>> All VPS Hosting Plans are $5 First Month.

• @Henryjack said:

@jammin1911 said:

Thanks!

J

Your requirements matches here AllWebHost they are running the best deal on VPS hosting>>> All VPS Hosting Plans are $5 First Month.

Only member tag? @Arkas this allowed?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@anubhavhirani said: Only member tag? @Arkas this allowed?

I believe he's making a suggestion, he's not the provider. At least that's what I think.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

You're right.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited August 2023

@Arkas said:

I believe he's making a suggestion, he's not the provider. At least that's what I think.

It's a shillusion.

Gone now.

• danblazedanblaze Member
    edited August 2023

crunchbits has a reliable storage server that I used to own. I remember them saying it was based on Raid6 or RaidZ2, so it was pretty good in terms of redundancy.

However, as far as I know, you can jump from one model to another larger one, but whether there's flexibility to increase hard disk space, I'm skeptical. Of course, you could ask crunchbits, or buy a sufficient amount of space all at once.

Servarica does have a unique mechanism for staying where it's best if your needs are such that the space will increase over time.

Thanked by 2DP nick_
  • @danblaze said:
    crunchbits的存储服务器性能可靠,我曾经拥有过。我记得他们说过那是基于 Raid6 或者 RaidZ2 的,因此在冗余方面相当不错。

不过据我所知,你可以从一个型号跳到另一个更大的,但是能否灵活的增加硬盘空间,我对此表示怀疑态度。当然,您可以询问crunchbits,或者一次性购买足够量的空间。

如果你的需求是随着时间推移,空间会不断增加的话,Servarica的确有一个独一无二的机制,待在哪里是最好的。

Now what is this?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@danblaze said:

不过据我所知,你可以从一个型号跳到另一个更大的,但是能否灵活的增加硬盘空间,我对此表示怀疑态度。当然,您可以询问crunchbits,或者一次性购买足够量的空间。

We don't have subtitles.

Stop speaking French please.

• @DP said:

@danblaze said:

We don't have subtitles.

Stop speaking French please.

@anubhavhirani @DP
    It's a bug, occasionally I forget that I need to switch languages. I've re-edited this reply. >:)

Thanked by 1DP
  • Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited August 2023

@danblaze said:

But yeah, ditto on Crunchbits if you can swing something in stock!

Thanked by 2fluffernutter MrRob
  • @febryanvaldo said:

for bandwide limit download and upload or upoad only?

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited August 2023

@horasjey said:

@febryanvaldo said:

for bandwide limit download and upload or upoad only?

"We calculate based upon inbound and outbound usage. If you go over, you will be limited to 5Mbps until your quota resets or you contact support." - Crunchbits.com

"Bandwidth means the amount of data transfer you are allowed to transfer on the network, both going out of your server, and coming in to your server. This means both incoming and outgoing traffic is counted. Unmetered means that we will not monitor your bandwidth usage and you can use your port fully, all the time, without any limitations. If there is a bandwidth limit, it means that you are not allowed to use more bandwidth than the limit in one month. Your server will be rate-limited to 5 Mbps if you reach your bandwidth limit. Additional bandwidth can be added for $4 per TB by contacting our support. Bandwidth limit is reset on the 1st of every month, regardless of your service due date." - Hosthatch.com - https://hosthatch.com/terms-of-service

Same policy for both companies. In/Out counted, 5Mbps after the cap is hit unless you contact support and work that out with them.

• ihostart.com

Thanked by 1Calin
  • I actually love @Calin & ihostart.com

Highly recommended <3

Thanked by 1Calin
  • SiliCloudSiliCloud Member, Patron Provider, LIR

Hi,

We have storage plans in Los Angeles and Tokyo.

Example:
    LA
    1C2GiB SSD 20G HDD 500G
    1T@1Gbps
    42.11 USD /6 Mo

TYO
    1C2GiB SSD 20G HDD 1000G
    1T@1Gbps
    120.70 USD /1 Year

Please check SP offers from:
    https://www.silicloud.com/activity/vps

Any question, feel free to pm me.

Sincerely,
    SICloud,

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

Our Storage Boxes might be what you need, quite not a VPS but close: https://pulsedmedia.com/storage-boxes.php

8TB RAID5 is 16.99€ a month before discounts.
    To give it a try, here is 10% off for first payment cycle: LETSTORHAU16NV5TX
    Valid until end of the month and only couple max if others want to give it try too