Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ReliableSite taking very long for IPv4/IPv6 announcement
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ReliableSite taking very long for IPv4/IPv6 announcement

neel_qeruneel_qeru Member, Host Rep

While my VPS business Qeru does not use ReliableSite presently (we use DediPath colocation), but I have nine ReliableSite dedicated servers which uses a dedicated ARIN IPv4/IPv6 allocation.

This is on a personal account separate from Qeru. and it makes no sense to move to my VPS host since these servers use far more bandwidth than Qeru's colo has, and I also want legal separation.

Last week, I asked for an ARIN IPv4/IPv6 subnet with LOAs to be announced and the servers to use the announcement, and while RS claimed to announce the IP and moved the servers to the new IP announcement, the IPs were not announced on the public Internet.

I told them the IPs aren't announced, and ReliableSite still hasn't announced the IPs for 4-5 days now. They said I would get a reply once the "network admin has reviewed", which has been a few days now. Normally it happens in 24-48 hours.

Is there a way to solve this?

Comments

• Thanked by 1neel_qeru
  • MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited June 2023

Sorry for the wait Neel. This is a complimentary service we offer at no charge. It's usually done in 1 - 3 days. Our network admins have been swamped with maintenance/upgrades, so announcements have taken a back seat as they're a low priority item. It'll get taken care of this week. Thanks for your patience!

• neel_qeruneel_qeru Member, Host Rep

Ah, good to hear. Understood. Thanks for explaining.

Thanked by 1MrRadic
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Could’ve just sent Radic a PM right? :smiley:

Thanked by 1MrRadic

@neel_qeru said:
    Ah, good to hear. Understood. Thanks for explaining.

I appreciate your understanding!

@DP said:
    Could’ve just sent Radic a PM right? :smiley:

I'm always around.

• neohneoh Member

Nooooo. We need drama, not a deal or a commitment.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Beats OVH. It's like 1-2 months lol

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@MrRadic's support is good. Service/network is superb. There may be delays setting up your IPs but they're not billing anything for doing it. It's worth the wait.

Thanked by 1neel_qeru

@jar said:
    Beats OVH. It's like 1-2 months lol

OVH has generally been terrible. And ReliableSite is a much better deal than OVH.

• @neel_qeru said: ReliableSite is a much better deal than OVH

RS in EU when?

edited June 2023

@MikePT said:
    @MrRadic's support is good. Service/network is superb. There may be delays setting up your IPs but they're not billing anything for doing it. It's worth the wait.

At least there's that.

In comparison Phychz now charges $25 to add a /64 if you have two or more servers, something that IMHO should be included. Psychz also has a meh network when RS' network is pretty good.

ReliableSite may not include IPv6 out of the box, but hey, they don't charge for that either.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@neel_qeru said:

@MikePT said:

At least there's that.

In comparison Phychz now charges $25 to add a /64 if you have two or more servers, something that IMHO should be included. Psychz also has a meh network when RS' network is pretty good.

ReliableSite may not include IPv6 out of the box, but hey, they don't charge for that either.

Yes, indeed. Long term, even short term, Reliablesite is a far better choice.

Thanked by 1neel_qeru

@treesmokah said:
    RS in EU when?

Well, there's that. I usually buy servers exclusively in the USA, but OVH has the EU cornered. In the past I had a decent amount of EU servers, including OVH and OVH "resellers".

In the US, ReliableSite and DediPath are better options than OVH if you don't need fancy IaaS features.

Thanked by 1Ernie
  • @neel_qeru said: In the US, ReliableSite and DediPath are better options than OVH if you don't need fancy IaaS features.

RS is very good I've heard, DediPath is a no from me because of their Path anti-ddos and I'm very religious to not support Path however I can.

• @treesmokah said:

@neel_qeru said: ReliableSite is a much better deal than OVH

RS in EU when?

Yes please

Thanked by 1treesmokah

The good news is that my IPs are finally announced! I can ping them and use my servers from my home ISP CenturyLink without issue. Yay!

Thanked by 1treesmokah