Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

quickpacket vs dacentec ?? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

quickpacket vs dacentec ??

2»

Comments

• VPNVPN Member

@qps I have no doubts he is lying lol. I just wanted to mess around with his email account :) You guys don't need to prove yourselves.

• dacentec is awesome.

stay away from quickpacket.

Thanked by 1kyaky
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

airski said: stay away from quickpacket.

Why do you say that?

• VPNVPN Member

@airski said:
    dacentec is awesome.

stay away from quickpacket.

You can't post that and not at least have an argument or reason why people should stay away from QuickPacket.

• kyakykyaky Member
    edited January 2014

I tried quickpacket before. I don't know if I will go back to them yet.

I would try dacentec at this time if I were you.

• qps has been perfect for me, I've had no downtime server wise, or even network wise since getting my dedicated server with them.

Uptime 68 days 14 hours 32 minutes :)

Thanked by 1qps
  • Dacentec are very good. We have never had any down time with them.

They use NOC-PS which makes re-installing servers a breeze and great for development.

• nvtiennvtien Member
    edited January 2014

both have great price, i have servers with both. But seem quickpacket have greater uptime than dacentec. Support at dacentect is better

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@myqwertyhost said:
    qps : as you know,I have confim to my user,I have as them about abuse spam, my user said, his vps clear OS, fresh instalation,not use any service,
    And for my server, you not give me log and sent email about abuse

If any people believe me,I can give my email login to check are there is email from qps or not

Thanks

It's not your job to ask the user if they spam. It's your job to know they did. You get the email headers, you check the validity of the reports, you monitor the server for abusive levels of mail traffic. You don't have to go digging through their stuff or anything, but you don't get to make up the rules on how dealing with spam works, you have to prevent rented IPs from landing on blacklists to a reasonable degree or deal with losing your services. Do your job.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • c0yc0y Member
    edited January 2014

@Amfy said Dacentec's new network is awesome IIRC

• I just started using Quick Packet a couple of weeks ago but so far I am very happy. Server was setup within a few hours. Reverse DNS was done within a couple hours of request also.

Thanked by 1qps
  • Cleaned up some rage and associated things :-)

Thanked by 2vRozenSch00n Mark_R
  • c0y said: @Amfy said Dacentec's new network is awesome IIRC

Yeah, I had a couple of servers there from August to October 2012, and really liked the support and network there. Was able to push a full Gig almost every time. But if I remember correctly, that was also when they had Telia (and Tinet?)