Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If I exhaust hetzner's traffic usage, do I still pay only on hourly basis?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

If I exhaust hetzner's traffic usage, do I still pay only on hourly basis?

Basically title.

If I exhaust 20TB in 2 weeks and delete the server, do I pay for 2 weeks or the entire month?

Comments

• With Akrapovic or Milltek?

• @malignify said:
    With Akrapovic or Milltek?

that what now?

Thanked by 1sgno1
  • ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

If you completely delete the server, then you only pay for 2 weeks usage.

• JorboxJorbox Member

2 weeks

• Smith42Smith42 Member
    edited June 2023

As others have mentioned, you only pay for the time used regardless of the traffic usage.

PS. I've seen other users share their stories on a discord I lurk on about using 100% of the traffic in 2-3 days, cancelling, then purchasing a new VPS and doing the same over and over without issues, while only paying for the 3 days of usage. Surprised @Hetzner_OL hasn't caught on to this.

Thanked by 1itsgoingdown
  • ZreindZreind Member

It's quite interesting that they don't limit traffic by account, it is not a pool. You create a VPS and use 20 TB then delete and create another as @Smith42 said.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Cloud Servers have both a monthly price cap and a price per hour. Your server's bill will never exceed its monthly price cap. If you delete your Cloud Server before the end of the billing month, you will only be billed the hourly rate. We will bill you for each cloud server until you choose to delete them. Even if you aren't actively using your server, we will bill you for it. All servers that have finished their creation process will be billed until they are deleted, regardless of their state.This is because, internally, we allocate full resources to servers regardless of their power state. And it enables rapid startup and boot times for you, the customer.-Sophia

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Hey @Hetzner_OL why you don't add option for more 20 TB BW? For example 100 TB BW at 10 Gbps port etc...

• srch07srch07 Member

@Hetzner_OL Agree with @Calin on this one.

20 TB is the only thing stopping us from choosing Cloud Servers on Hetzner.

There needs to be an Add-on that can be purchased either at per month or recurring for additional Bandwith.

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

@Calin said:
    Hey @Hetzner_OL why you don't add option for more 20 TB BW? For example 100 TB BW at 10 Gbps port etc...

@srch07 said:

There needs to be an Add-on that can be purchased either at per month or recurring for additional Bandwith.

You aren't capped at 20TB you just pay per additional 1 TB. I doubt prepaying for additional bandwidth through add-ons would make much sense.

It's also only outgoing bandwidth that is counted.

• srch07srch07 Member
    edited June 2023

@labze said:

@Calin said:

@srch07 said:

You aren't capped at 20TB you just pay per additional 1 TB. I doubt prepaying for additional bandwidth through add-ons would make much sense.

Yeah $1 per TB. So if you exceed 10TB in a month, that's the cost of your Cloud Server itself. :D

• emghemgh Member

@srch07 said:

@labze said:

@Calin said:

@srch07 said:

Yeah $1 per TB. So if you exceed 10TB in a month, that's the cost of your Cloud Server itself. :D

Just limit outgoing to 20 TB / VM

Scale horizontally