Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap and Secure Email Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap and Secure Email Hosting

al1r4dal1r4d Member
edited June 2023 in General

I need your suggestions about email hosting. Now, I'm searching for email hosting with these criteria:

• My budget is $2, or Rp30.000,00 and can be purchased for 1 month
  • Fast and rarely down
  • Not labeled spam by Google
  • Support IMAP POP3
  • Privacy and secure
  • Open Source (like tutanota, riseup, systemli)

I dont care about storage and users capacity. 750MB and maximum 1 user is enough for me.
Thank you :smile:

Comments

• AstroAstro Member

@jar mxroute
    Zoho
    Migadu
    Purelymail

Thanked by 2jar greentea
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@jar mxroute, no doubts here.

Thanked by 3jar greentea nobizzle
  • emghemgh Member

Either one of:

1. Migadu
    2. MXRoute
    Thanked by 2jar greentea
  • you can get cheaper if you use racknerd.com and mailinabox.email. you own everything so you are responsible for upkeep, which isn;t a lot but still.

you will be in a much better place if you go this way. i've been a racknerd customer for around 3 years now this way. bought a second email server last month for this purpose again

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@al1r4d said: Not labeled spam by Google

That's my jam right there. Though it requires users to send good mail and set good DNS, and not have a domain that already has a reputation that guarantees spam folder delivery, keeping IPs clean for the best chance of inbox delivery is a clear obsession of mine.

Thanked by 5ariq01 emg Arkas BBTN Ganonk
  • ailiceailice Member

Tutanota not support IMAP AFAIK, and if you okay pay yearly. There migadu for that.

• visualwebtechnologiesvisualwebtechnologies Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2023

@jar mxroute always

Thanked by 1jar
  • febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited June 2023

WebHorizon Email Hosting (MXRoute) with promo 75% OFF Annually!

5GB Storage
    Unlimited Domains
    Unlimited Mail Accounts

Buy here: https://clients.webhorizon.net/?/cart/email-hosting

• nick_nick_ Member
    edited June 2023

^ The coupon for copy & paste is ZQJ1OZF60.

Thanked by 2intermall cxg
  • @nick_ said: The coupon for copy & paste is ZQJ1OZF60.

Ah yes. Forgot to mention the discount code.

• oyhacooyhaco Member

Ovh mail

• @febryanvaldo said: WebHorizon Email Hosting (MXRoute) with promo 75% OFF Annually!

Is it safe to buy MXRoute through a reseller? Can the reseller be kicked out any time?

• @Merakith said: Is it safe to buy MXRoute through a reseller?

@Abd aka WebHorizon has been a reseller since 3 years ago.

• SauronSauron Member

@febryanvaldo said:
    WebHorizon Email Hosting (MXRoute) with promo 75% OFF Annually!

Is it recurrig or just for the first year?

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • @Sauron said: Is it recurrig or just for the first year?

Yes.

• hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited June 2023

@al1r4d said:

• Open Source (like [...] riseup, systemli)

is left-wing radicalism a compelling characteristic? @al1r4d

Thanked by 1kait
  • hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited June 2023

recurring! 👍🏻

• emgemg Veteran

What was lacking in the original post was a statement that says something like:

"I know that this looks like I want to blast out spam over a one-month period for only $2 and then disappear. Allow me to clarify that this is a legitimate business sending email only to subscribers who have asked to receive it."

Our responses above are helpful to the OP. If they are searching for a spam provider, then those responses may eventually dilute the quality of the email services that we all rely on. I might have offered the same advice anyway because I like to help, but I hope that the OP has a legitimate use in mind. LowEndTalk sometimes helps those who do bad things on the internet too. You will not always know which are which.

• @emg said: but I hope that the OP has a legitimate use in mind

I hope so...

• @hyperblast said:

@al1r4d said:

tutanota is also ran by radical lefties.

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • @treesmokah said:

@hyperblast said:

@al1r4d said:

i was not aware of this until now. thank you!

• emgemg Veteran

@al1r4d said:

@hyperblast said:

@treesmokah said:

Must we always devolve into social and political commentary on LowEndTalk, no matter the topic of the thread? Some days it feels like workplace harassment ...

• @emg said:

@al1r4d said:

@hyperblast said:

@treesmokah said:

Must we always devolve into social and political commentary on LowEndTalk, no matter the topic of the thread? Some days it feels like workplace harassment ...

in order to be able to give the thread starter a recommendation, it is important to know whether it is important to him that the email service may / must be operated by left-wing radicals or not. factual inquiry.

Thanked by 2treesmokah al1r4d
  • emgemg Veteran

@hyperblast said:

in order to be able to give the thread starter a recommendation, it is important to know whether it is important to him that the email service may / must be operated by left-wing radicals or not. factual inquiry.

You win, but is it plausible deniability?

• iCloud mail, if you are using Apple devices :smile:

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@treesmokah said: tutanota is also ran by radical lefties.

What are you talking about?? Is your opinion fact now?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@hyperblast said: in order to be able to give the thread starter a recommendation, it is important to know whether it is important to him that the email service may / must be operated by left-wing radicals or not. factual inquiry.

Opinions are NOT facts.

• jlet88jlet88 Member

@treesmokah said:

@hyperblast said:

@al1r4d said:

Not trying to derail the thread, but I'm genuinely interested if you think there is an open source zero-knowledge end-to-end encrypted email platform in a half-decent jurisdiction that is NOT run by radical lefties?

And even if Tutanota was actually run by real radical lefties (which is a separate discussion), it's still open source zero-knowledge end-to-end encrypted and is a commercial for-profit enterprise, so it's clearly not in their own interest to compromise their own architecture, unless forced to do that by court order in Germany.

And BTW, all email providers are subject to the laws of their jurisdictions. While Germany is part of the 14 Eyes and has their own surveillance issues as I'm sure we both know, at least they have GDPR, and GDPR + German jurisdiction is better than US privacy law, sadly. And every encrypted provider has at least one story so far of court-ordered meddling, except maybe Skiff, to my knowledge, but they are still fairly new, not totally open source yet, and... drumroll... US jurisdiction, so it's just a matter of time for them.

And BTW, genuinely (and respectfully) curious what your definition of radical lefty is? We can take that to another thread if that is preferred by mods. I'm not trying to get into a political discussion, but it's fascinating to me to hear different definitions, because my version of a "radical lefty" might be very different than your definition. And BTW there are numerous areas of overlapping interests, and a radical lefty who cares passionately about privacy has a shared interest with a right-winger who cares passionately about privacy. And if they are both working on the same open source zero-knowledge end-to-end encrypted systems, they'll never know what the other is saying. In fact, I'd love my open source zero-knowledge end-to-end encrypted platforms to be worked on by both left- and right- because with that much paranoia going around, they'll both make sure the encryption is rock solid.

Additionally, while I totally understand that many people don't want to use any services created by radical anyone, the problem is that the alternatives are very, very few when it comes to open source zero-knowledge end-to-end encrypted providers. It's quite sad actually.

Anyway, mods, feel free to break this out into another thread, or just let me know, and I'll just shut up in this thread. Again, I don't want to derail the OP.

So in all fairness to the OP -- there is NO service that fully, completely meets ALL your requirements, IF you are taking your desire for open source, privacy and security very seriously:

@al1r4d said:

• My budget is $2, or Rp30.000,00 and can be purchased for 1 month
    • Fast and rarely down
    • Not labeled spam by Google
    • Support IMAP POP3
    • Privacy and secure
    • Open Source (like tutanota, riseup, systemli)

To be more clear, you'll have to define what "privacy and security" means to you, since there are at least a dozen factors that determine how private and secure you might really want. If you don't really need the best privacy and security, then you'll have more options. But if you want the best level of privacy, for example, you'll need to look for open source zero-knowledge end-to-end encrypted with no IP logging, etc... That alone limits you to a small handful of providers. Then you have to ask about jurisdiction. And so forth. It's a very short list.

And then add the other things you want, like cost plus IMAP/POP support, etc... well, good luck.

Anyway, you'll have to decide which items in your list are the most important to you, and then you'll be able to find a compromise. There is an email provider out there for you, just prioritize what you really need.

Cheers and good luck! Hope you find what you're looking for!

Thanked by 3Arkas al1r4d TimboJones
  • @jlet88 said:

@treesmokah said:

@hyperblast said:

@al1r4d said:

Additionally, while I totally understand that many people don't want to use any services created by radical anyone[...]

👍🏻

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited June 2023

@jlet88 said: zero-knowledge end-to-end encrypted

Its not possible to achieve that with e-mail.
    Its fundamentally not possible, and advertising that is purely dishonest.

The only place where you can implement any kind of "end to end) encryption is local communication between users, and that's about it(or use 3rd party software, but still shit ton of metadata will remain).