Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tokyo - EPYC SSD Storage VPS $29.99/BGP/FreeBackup/DedicatedServer/RHService - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Tokyo - EPYC SSD Storage VPS $29.99/BGP/FreeBackup/DedicatedServer/RHService

2»

Comments

• ChandlerChandler Member, Patron Provider, LIR

@balloon said:
    Hi, I'm watching this place very closely. Tokyo servers are still expensive from a global perspective. I was looking for a server in Singapore or US here.

I posted the info here on my Calckey (if you don't know Calckey, it's Mastodon, Plarome, Misskey companions) I think there was probably an order for the LET Special Plan from Japan.
    LET Special Plan-B and Starter are good plans for building a Mastodon, Misskey or Calckey server, so getting this on the Tokyo server is very beneficial. I see many people in Japan looking for a suitable VPS to host their Mastodon, Misskey or Calckey servers.

LET Special Plan-A is OCI Instans Free tier's replacement plan. This monthly plan will get steady orders from Japan.

Thank you for your attention.
    But unfortunately the special program is a limited time program. We see that there is no more stock in the background.
    I see many people complaining about HE's network quality, but after our testing in Japan HE is one of the very stable upstream. That's why we chose it.
    If you have any promotional channels to help us sell, you can DM me. I can give some special offer or cooperation plan. <3

• thank you.
    For myself, the specs could change in a short period of time, so a monthly plan was ideal.
    Therefore, I shared the LET Special Plan on Japanese social. Yet the current plan is still attractive.

Thanked by 2admax Chandler
  • @Chandler said: I see many people complaining about HE's network quality, but after our testing in Japan HE is one of the very stable upstream. That's why we chose it.

The complaint is legitimate: being single-homed to HE is just plain bad. Here's a ping measurement from 200+ RIPE Atlas probes in Japan:

https://atlas.ripe.net/measurements/55344918/#probes

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • JonesJones Member
    edited June 2023

HE JP ~
    For Chinese users, it's a nightmare, routing needs to go through the US first, and network latency is extremely poor :'(
    I hope there will be some improvement in the future

• sjlleosjlleo Member

@Jones said: For Chinese users, it's a nightmare, routing needs to go through the US first, and network latency is extremely poor :'(

In my view, this isn't necessarily a negative issue, given that HE's access in the Tokyo region is relatively inexpensive, and it at least offers a more competitive pricing structure. Regarding the issue of possible route detours, you should question why China Telecom, China Unicom, and China Mobile do not connect to Equinix TYO or BBIX in the Tokyo region, thereby avoiding any unnecessary detours.

Regrettably, they currently reserve these direct IX connections for their premium users, such as those with authorized access to AS4809, AS9929, AS58807 leased line users, and so forth.

Hence, the responsibility for this issue can't be attributed solely to the service providers. Of course, if upstream could additionally connect to a 2914 (NTT), it might improve the situation, but this would also lead to increased costs. Likewise, the interconnection between China's three major ISPs and NTT is also quite poor. Often, optimizing mainland traffic requires meticulous fine-tuning, which also adds to the costs.

For a VPS that can establish a BGP Session in Tokyo, the current upstream HE is sufficient, and its price is justified by the quality of the routes it provides.

• JonesJones Member
    edited June 2023

@sjlleo said:

@Jones said: For Chinese users, it's a nightmare, routing needs to go through the US first, and network latency is extremely poor :'(

In my view, this isn't necessarily a negative issue, given that HE's access in the Tokyo region is relatively inexpensive, and it at least offers a more competitive pricing structure. Regarding the issue of possible route detours, you should question why China Telecom, China Unicom, and China Mobile do not connect to Equinix TYO or BBIX in the Tokyo region, thereby avoiding any unnecessary detours.

Regrettably, they currently reserve these direct IX connections for their premium users, such as those with authorized access to AS4809, AS9929, AS58807 leased line users, and so forth.

Hence, the responsibility for this issue can't be attributed solely to the service providers. Of course, if upstream could additionally connect to a 2914 (NTT), it might improve the situation, but this would also lead to increased costs. Likewise, the interconnection between China's three major ISPs and NTT is also quite poor. Often, optimizing mainland traffic requires meticulous fine-tuning, which also adds to the costs.

For a VPS that can establish a BGP Session in Tokyo, the current upstream HE is sufficient, and its price is justified by the quality of the routes it provides.

hehe~
    I am describing an objective problem, and you are trying your best to explain why this situation occurs
    We don't have a common voice, and the content we express is not on the same channel

• I checked the Lite addition, but this price is crazy.

In addition, there is a bank transfer as a payment method, but do you have a Japanese bank account? Many Japanese companies still do not use credit cards.

edited June 2023

@balloon said:
    I checked the Lite addition, but this price is crazy.

In addition, there is a bank transfer as a payment method, but do you have a Japanese bank account? Many Japanese companies still do not use credit cards.

Lite is a custom plan with a certain customer who needs 5ip without hardware resources. So we created a separate plan for him.
    This plan will be hidden afterwards.
    We use WISE to collect money and send it to Japanese banks.
    Japanese banks usually do not support international money transfers, and the fees and exchange rates are not friendly to me.

• Hello, I purchased a Starter service using the promo code K9FVI5GVKG9. The initial payment was $43.78 USD, but I noticed that the renewal price is still $59.88 USD (annually). Isn't this a recurring discount code?

• Why does it have set up fee 1 euro while OS is free?

@mekongmmo said:
    Why does it have set up fee 1 euro while OS is free?

Because we have to configure the backup server manually

@root9000 said:
    Hello, I purchased a Starter service using the promo code K9FVI5GVKG9. The initial payment was $43.78 USD, but I noticed that the renewal price is still $59.88 USD (annually). Isn't this a recurring discount code?

Hi, we are investigating this issue. It will be fixed afterwards.

• @Chandler said:

@root9000 said:
    Hello, I purchased a Starter service using the promo code K9FVI5GVKG9. The initial payment was $43.78 USD, but I noticed that the renewal price is still $59.88 USD (annually). Isn't this a recurring discount code?

Do you support Chinese support tickets? I have encountered an issue that requires feedback.

@root9000 said:

@Chandler said:

@root9000 said:

Do you support Chinese support tickets? I have encountered an issue that requires feedback.

It is recommended to use Deepl or Google Translate.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Test IPv6: 2a12:f8c3:3000::1

IPv6 is still being announced and will take about 48 hours to apply worldwide.

It's been 248 hours.

https://bgp.tools/prefix/2a12:f8c3:3000::/36#connectivity
    This prefix is not reachable from Cogent on IPv6

👎

@yoursunny said:

Test IPv6: 2a12:f8c3:3000::1

IPv6 is still being announced and will take about 48 hours to apply worldwide.

It's been 248 hours.

https://bgp.tools/prefix/2a12:f8c3:3000::/36#connectivity

👎

https://bgp.tools/kb/partitions
    This is a historical legacy of he and co. You can contact them both for peering.
    If this problem is solved, sunny will be left in history :)

It's been 248 hours.

It's already done.
    If you have questions please create a ticket, our tickets are free! <3

• Can you enable the reverse DNS ?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@yoursunny said:
    The long title of this thread is causing rendering problems on mobile device.

@jbiloh said:
    @fat32 would you mind checking this out?

Still not fixed.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@yoursunny said:

@jbiloh said:
    @fat32 would you mind checking this out?

Still not fixed.

Soon™

• do you support crypto as payment method?

• miHoYomiHoYo Member

240ms to korea hahaha

@root9000 said:
    Can you enable the reverse DNS ?

Of course.

@azir_surima said:
    do you support crypto as payment method?

yes

@miHoYo said:
    240ms to korea hahaha

If the Korean network doesn't have access to HE, then it will be detoured from another provider.

• https://ping.pe/103.134.34.33 The speed of visiting China is too slow, it would be better if it was faster!

• @Chandler said:
    After our team's deliberations, we decided to generate some crazy ideas:
    The LET Special Plan was upgraded to two special plans

LET Special Plan-A
    CPU: AMD EPYC 1vCPU (½)
    Memory: 1GB
    Storage: 20GB Nvme SSD Raidz2
    Port Speed: 1Gbps
    High Bandwidth: 1TB
    Low Bandwidth: ∞ (1Mbps)
    IP: 1 IPv4 / [1] IPv6
    Price: $15/year
    Let's get crazy!

Hi, any chance on grabbing one of these pls?