Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with BGP Sessions and 100M-1G IXP peering ports (resold) in Vienna/AT (Interxion or likewise)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with BGP Sessions and 100M-1G IXP peering ports (resold) in Vienna/AT (Interxion or likewise)

Hey there!

Is anybody aware of providers who offer basic VPS with specs like the following, also offering BGP sessions and resold 100M-1G IXP peering ports to IXPs located in Vienna (charged additionally)?

VPS specs:
1-2 vCPUs
2-4GB RAM
20-40GB SSD/NVMe
1-10B Traffic
Ubuntu >=22.04

Thank you very much for helping me out on this!

Have a great weekend :)

Best wishes
Tom

Comments

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

I don't know any providers in Vienna, try looking at the https://bgp.services website.

Thanked by 1tomhatzer
  • emghemgh Member
    edited June 2023

I don't know if it's any good to you

@hosthatch does BGP and is in Interxion MAD1 in Vienna

Don't know about their actual network

Thanked by 2ManishPant tomhatzer
  • alwyzonalwyzon Member, Host Rep

@DP said:
    @alwyzon maybe.

BGP session, sure. But no reselling of virtual VIX ports. Maybe ask the VIX team directly, but I don‘t think this is a thing.

— Michael

Thanked by 2kait tomhatzer
  • alwyzonalwyzon Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2023

Who would you even want to reach there?

VIX doesn’t strike me as an IXP that you would want to join via a VPS. Most VIX members are large and conservatively-run networks with fairly restrictive peering policies. They won‘t peer with you unless they consider you a serious partner and you are doing enough traffic to be worth the effort.

You might want to check first, if the network you are interested in would even consider peering with your network. Assuming you are interested in the local eyeball networks, chances are high they won‘t.

Thanked by 2tomhatzer yoursunny
  • @alwyzon said:
    Who would you even want to reach there?

VIX doesn’t strike me as an IXP that you would want to join via a VPS. Most VIX members are large and conservatively-run networks with fairly restrictive peering policies. They won‘t peer with you unless they consider you a serious partner and you are doing enough traffic to be worth the effort.

You might want to check first, if the network you are interested in would even consider peering with your network. Assuming you are interested in the local eyeball networks, chances are high they won‘t.

1-10B Traffic

10B is a lot of traffic!

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond to this topic.

Since I live in Austria, it was logical for me to look for IXPs here in Austria and to get more information about them.

I decided to go the VPS route because at this point in time, it just doesn't make sense to spend hundreds or thousands of Euros per month on dedicated hardware without having a market-ready product.
    That's why I first put out the feelers and see what is possible and with what effort or at what price. This is my little research project for the planned MVP, so to speak.

I have already asked HostHatch and Alwyzon via ticket, thanks again for the information you have given me.

I will ask VIX what possibilities there are to realize my project. Thank you for the tip!

Thanks for the answers and have a nice day!

PS: 1-10TB not B. Keyboard missed the T. :)

Thanked by 1emgh
  • TheBoyTheBoy Member
    edited July 2023

@alwyzon said:
    Most VIX members are large and conservatively-run networks with fairly restrictive peering policies.

This sounds to me like a closed club of the old-established ones.

Well, There are fortunately a number of other and even bigger IXP who welcome Startups, ...

Cherrs

• kaitkait Member

@TheBoy said: Well, There are fortunately a number of other and even bigger IXP who welcome Startups, ...

Not in Austria I think

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@hyperblast said:
    1-10B Traffic

10B is a lot of traffic!

My IXP port is doing less than 10B per second, excluding the BGP daemon itself.
    It is surely a lot of traffic.

• TheBoyTheBoy Member

@kait said: Not in Austria I think

Maybe time to setup a truly open IX at Vienna. :)

• kaitkait Member

@TheBoy said: Maybe time to setup a truly open IX at Vienna.

Austria isn't the cheapest for hosting but it would be a cool idea to have better options.

• @TheBoy said:

@kait said: Not in Austria I think

Maybe time to setup a truly open IX at Vienna. :)

I'm open to that. For people interested in making this possible feel free to send me a message :)

• kaitkait Member

@tomhatzer said: I'm open to that. For people interested in making this possible feel free to send me a message :)

TwoPeaks IXP when :) I would be interested but I have only 10 euros in the bank.

Thanked by 1tomhatzer
  • Looks like there is a new open IX at Vienna: https://voixp.net/ :*

Thanked by 1tomhatzer
  • @TheBoy said: Looks like there is a new open IX at Vienna: https://voixp.net/ :*

He is there already: https://bgp.tools/ixp/VOIXP

Thanked by 1tomhatzer