Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dell PowerEdge C6320 4-node Servers for sale! Under budget!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dell PowerEdge C6320 4-node Servers for sale! Under budget!

LukeRhinoLukeRhino Member, Patron Provider

Hey!

Cloud compute hardware sale! This price per node will be challenging to beat!

We have a large stock of these systems ready to build and ship!

1 Dell PowerEdge C6320 4-node 2U server
8 E5-2680 v4
128GB DDR4 Per node (512GB DDR4 total)
8 1.92TB PM883 SATA SSD
Dual 10GB SFP+ per node onboard
iDRAC 8 Express Included (Enterprise available)
Dual PSU
Rails
$1,995.00 (498.75 per node!)

These are fully customizable with different CPU/MEMORY/SSDs there is also one open PCIe slot.

Optional add-ons:
iDRAC Enterprise $25 per node($100 total per machine)
Comes with 8 out of 24 drive trays(16 blanks), additional trays free with added drives or $4 each

The time to build and ship will depend on the quantity ordered but expect around 3-7 days.

PICTURES
SPEC SHEET

Thanked by 1treesmokah

Comments

• vps performance on such a node with all trays filled with ssd's in raid 10 or something would be stellar.

glws

Thanked by 2LukeRhino sipe
  • HypereHypere Member
    edited June 2023

@treesmokah said:
    vps performance on such a node with all trays filled with ssd's in raid 10 or something would be stellar.

glws

Not as good as you'd think, we're running 2680v4s and 2690v4's and did attempt 8 SSDs in raid 10 per server, it seemed to hinder the performance compared to using 4 drives in raid 10, as we usually do.

We're still testing out configurations, as it may be drive related, but there's definitely a point where cramming further SSDs in has little to no value, especially if you're selling an increased amount of RAM on the node to compensate for the additional cost from the drives (no one here would pay 3/4$ per GB on a 2680v4).

However, something like this would definitely be interesting for VM hosting, albeit maybe with a slightly less overkill drive setup

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited June 2023

@Hypere said: Not as good as you'd think, we're running 2680v4s and 2690v4's and did attempt 8 SSDs in raid 10 per server, it seemed to hinder the performance compared to using 4 drives in raid 10, as we usually do.

I also run 2x e5-2699 v4 in 4x sata ssd raid 10.
    The performance is really nice for my usecase.

But I'd imagine having 24 ssd split across all 4 nodes with some exotic FS, it would be hella fast. It would allow for quite a bit of storage as well, possibly for offering storage vps?

• LukeRhinoLukeRhino Member, Patron Provider

I can custom configure CPUs/RAM/SSDs in these :)

Thanked by 1Calin

Ready to build and ship these!

Still available!

Thanked by 1Calin
  • Dang, would buy it just for fun if I had money :D

Thanked by 1LukeRhino
  • Including shipping?

Okami

@0xOkami said:
    Including shipping?

Okami

Shipping is included for US locations with a freight entrance.

• iniwexiniwex Member

包括运费吗?

@iniwex said:
    包括运费吗?

Shipping is included for US locations with a freight entrance.

Reminder these can be fully customized! I also have the XEON SCALABLE version of this chassis with 2x NVMe per node, message me if you have any interest

Free upgrade to E5-2695V4 in the above servers for a limited time! let me know if you any interest!

• Quite good deal, unfortunately I already have a C6320 haha

Thanked by 1LukeRhino
  • lnxlnx Member, Patron Provider

How does the iDrac work on these nodes? I can't quite tell where it is plugged in from the pictures.

• Do you have Telegram? I'm Interested

@YD4NG3R said:
    Do you have Telegram? I'm Interested

I do have telegram, I'll send you message with details

edited September 2023

@lnx said:
    How does the iDrac work on these nodes? I can't quite tell where it is plugged in from the pictures.

https://i.dell.com/sites/csdocuments/Shared-Content_data-Sheets_Documents/en/aa/Dell-PowerEdge-C6320-Spec-Sheet.pdf
    here is the datasheet, IDRAC does work on these, they come with express and enterprise can be added.

• lnxlnx Member, Patron Provider

@LukeRhino said:

@lnx said:

https://i.dell.com/sites/csdocuments/Shared-Content_data-Sheets_Documents/en/aa/Dell-PowerEdge-C6320-Spec-Sheet.pdf
    here is the datasheet, IDRAC does work on these, they come with express and enterprise can be added.

Thanks, I found the owner manual. It looks like the ethernet port for the iDrac is just below the black handle on each node.