Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ubuntu - Extend storage space
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ubuntu - Extend storage space

fuqetfuqet Member

Hi,

Is it possible to extend storage space on my vps by using storage form another vps?

Thank you for any advice

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Check out @Daniel15's article.

Thanked by 3fuqet ariq01 ehab
  • Those of you who have used NFS for mounting storage from outside your network/datacenter/region, what types of speeds are you seeing?

• @roblowend said:
    Those of you who have used NFS for mounting storage from outside your network/datacenter/region, what types of speeds are you seeing?

1 meter per second.

Thanked by 1ZoobDude
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Yes, you can setup anything known to mankind with Network Storage, like Raid 0, Raid 1 etc... blub.
    However, the further the servers are apart, the higher the latency will be.

Depending on the use case, it may be a stu pid id ea.

• lc475lc475 Member

sshfs or setup an object storage server.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2023

@roblowend said:
    Those of you who have used NFS for mounting storage from outside your network/datacenter/region, what types of speeds are you seeing?

I used local (but over network) NFS to store terabytes of email that constantly sees many simultaneous read/write jobs and it was glorious.

It’s worth noting that I was using OVH’s NFS NAS product and that I never replicated the performance otherwise, and hosed an entire partition in one of my attempts. I think the major difference was shared vs dedicated port for the mount, and trying to cache data was what resulted in data loss.

Thanked by 1roblowend