Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IncogNET has stopped serving for new customers.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IncogNET has stopped serving for new customers.

https://incognet.io/brb

Looks like they won't be accepting new customers anymore. The explanation given is not very satisfactory.

Comments

• mrTommrTom Member

why not, actually it makes sense. much better than risking a burnout.

Thanked by 1vr10
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@cheap_box said:

Looks like they won't be accepting new customers anymore. The explanation given is not very satisfactory.

First, they don't say that they won't accept new customers ever again. It's clearly a temporary situation

Second, why isn't the explanation satisfactory?

• m4num4nu Member, Patron Provider

Not unusual for someone working in IT and being dedicated to their customers to feel like that. Suggest to avoid the most difficult customers or offer them some premium support service, if they really want more help than can be provided for free.

• _MS__MS_ Member

They should define a tight Support Scope. Anything taking more time should be provided in an additional "X dollars for X minutes of Admin time" support service/pack. Otherwise, these questions for support will never end.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2023

We'll open orders later this week.

Selfishly sell to more, when its not needed or take care of what we have. Right now, taking care of what we already have.

Don't need new customers to keep the lights on, so makes it easy to slow down a bit when needed.

We'll continue to share updates to Twitter as well.

• customers">@cheap_box said: Looks like they won't be accepting new customers anymore. The explanation >given is not very satisfactory.

Please enlighten me.... Where does it say "Not Accepting new customers anymore" or anything remotely close to it?

• @MannDude said:

Selfishly sell to more, when its not needed or take care of what we have. Right now, taking care of what we already have.

Don't need new customers to keep the lights on, so makes it easy to slow down a bit when needed.

I gotta respect you for that, I've seen so many companies keep taking on customers that they can't support and everyone suffers. Its good to see your priorities are with your customers, and not necessarily with their dollars

Thanked by 1OhJohn
  • @cheap_box said:

Why not? Better to be transparent about it than to keep taking new customers and let the good support suffer.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@cheap_box said: Looks like they won't be accepting new customers anymore. The explanation given is not very satisfactory.

BRB != Bye.

Thanked by 2raindog308 vr10

@DP said:

@cheap_box said: Looks like they won't be accepting new customers anymore. The explanation given is not very satisfactory.

BRB != Bye.

Unless its BRB to get more milk and a pack of smokes.

Thanked by 1msallak1
  • @MannDude said: Unless its BRB to get more milk and a pack of smokes.

Don't forget the scratchers.

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • Enjoy a Pic of my new License plate:

• jlet88jlet88 Member

@MannDude said:

We'll continue to share updates to Twitter as well.

This is commendable, and TBH, more hosting providers should take a lesson from this when they feel like they are getting stretched too thin. Thanks, @MannDude - respect.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

IncogNET: /brb while we catch up on tickets.
    HostHatch: if you want fast ticket reply, buy an undiscounted plan; otherwise, wait a week and don't bump your ticket.
    GreenCloudVPS: we run a sweat shop so that every ticket is replied in 10 minutes.
    VirmAche: let's do a flash sale to celebrate 1000 merged tickets.
    Advin: I look at your tickets after midnight only.
    Gullo: I look at your tickets on Saturdays only.

• @ChrisMiller said:

@MannDude said: Unless its BRB to get more milk and a pack of smokes.

Don't forget the scratchers.

$5 in gas, $20 in scratchers.

• @yoursunny said:
    HostHatch: if you want fast ticket reply, buy an undiscounted plan; otherwise, wait a week and don't bump your ticket.
    GreenCloudVPS: we run a sweat shop so that every ticket is replied in 10 minutes.

HostSolutions: servers are back up on Monday.

• emghemgh Member

@SirFoxy said:

@yoursunny said:

NexusBytes: All servers are always up

• @emgh said:

@SirFoxy said:

@yoursunny said:

NexusBytes: All servers are always up

LMAO!

Thanked by 1emgh
  • MaxKVM: stupid

• JustHostJustHost Member, Patron Provider

@cheap_box said:

I would feel more your crying is not very satisfactory

Orders are back open.

Very limited stock in both the US and NL. Our normal configuration in NL is no longer available to us, so need to figure something out that makes sense. We've got like 15 or 16 3900X builds there as VPS nodes but that hardware is no longer available to us, so we need to get a new custom quote on something adequate. May move away from AMD since no one really seems to care if it's AMD or Intel so long as it runs fine.

USA - Limited stock. New stock will be in Liberty Lake, Washington instead of Coure d'Allene, Idaho. It's only a 30 mile difference, both are part of the Spokane Metro area. Existing hardware in CDA will be migrated to Liberty Lake "soon". Proper announcement will go out before hand. Hoping that outage won't be but an hour or two, tops.

Just paid our first colo invoice for rack space and transit in Kansas City. This has been in the planning stages for a long time, so I'm happy to see progress made here.

I know some were turned off by the temporary closure. Sorry. To be honest, we'll likely continue to do that as needed. We don't do crazy deals and have healthy enough of a business that we can discontinue sales as needed to allow time for us to focus on other things, whether it be catching up on existing requests, working on projects, or just taking it a bit easy for a week or so.

• @MannDude said: Just paid our first colo invoice for rack space and transit in Kansas City. This has been in the planning stages for a long time, so I'm happy to see progress made here.

congrats, and good luck!

happy to help however i can

@treesmokah said:

happy to help however i can

Invoicing you for 250 new servers, pre-paid annually. One sec.

/s

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @MannDude said: Invoicing you for 250 new servers, pre-paid annually. One sec.

can i pay with multiple credit cards? is it a problem if they dont belong to me?

@treesmokah said:

@MannDude said: Invoicing you for 250 new servers, pre-paid annually. One sec.

can i pay with multiple credit cards? is it a problem if they dont belong to me?

Nevermind.

Probably wouldn't pass Stripe's checks anyway.

After getting boned by some Japanese fraudster we've made it really strict to order with card.

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited June 2023

@MannDude said: Probably wouldn't pass Stripe's checks anyway.

if you do not force 3DS, Stripe wont help ya too much.

if you want to be safe, force 3DS on every card ever, 99% of them support 3ds, if they don't - bad luck.

i'm certain Stripe doesn't force 3ds by default because i have paid with cards from post-soviet regions(obtained legally, vcc, just to be clear) and they didn't have 3ds.

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2023

We've done similar before, we just don't publicly announce it. We generally just set a lot of our products to out of stock even with stock available just so that we can catch up on existing orders. It's a good strategy, but it does result in lost sales and income.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

true @Advin same for me :(

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Not for us.
    Our IPv9 VPS stock is updated in real-time.
    A dozen or so got cancelled every month but they are immediately scooped up by wait-list participants.

We don't answer tickets so we never need to catch up on tickets.
    Our service never goes down so nobody ever needs to open tickets.
    If some indeed opens a ticket, it's set to InProgress after 5 minutes, and then CharGBT posts a reply after 15 minutes.

• @yoursunny said:
    Not for us.
    Our IPv9 VPS stock is updated in real-time.
    A dozen or so got cancelled every month but they are immediately scooped up by wait-list participants.

We don't answer tickets so we never need to catch up on tickets.
    Our service never goes down so nobody ever needs to open tickets.
    If some indeed opens a ticket, it's set to InProgress after 5 minutes, and then CharGBT posts a reply after 15 minutes.

dmca ignored?