Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenCloud's VPS IP Blacklisted
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenCloud's VPS IP Blacklisted

RUSSRUSS Member

I see in few month, when i order new VPS from GCV, every time i got blacklisted IP, when i ask the support they said i need to pay 2$ for changing IP.

Ok well, we pay you for fresh VPS, why do you again and again provide blacklisted IP?

Comments

• Blacklisted from what exactly?

• haolunhaolun Member

3$ for changing IP

• JabJabJabJab Member

Ask your government why it's blacklisting those.

Thanked by 2RigNight alexlu
  • RUSSRUSS Member

@JabJab said:

My government not blocking them, Anonmails DNSBL, RATS Spam, SORBS WEB are blocked the IP

Thanked by 1Plioser
  • why do you again and again buy from GCV?

• RUSSRUSS Member

@cybertech said:
    why do you again and again buy from GCV?

For my work

• RUSSRUSS Member

@cybertech said:

and my favorite thing is buying new vps, if i have sill, but i need to buy more once.

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@RUSS said:

@JabJab said:

My government not blocking them, Anonmails DNSBL, RATS Spam, SORBS WEB are blocked the IP

It seems most of these blacklist sites based on rDNS setup. You can request rDNS by pointing your domain to our VPS's IP then open a ticket with us.
    Our VPS are unmanaged so we do not have support for troubleshooting this "blacklist" issue. Btw, if you are planning to use our VPS for mass-mailing then you should look elsewhere.

• somiksomik Member

@RUSS said:

@cybertech said:

For my work

For your work, you are using low end vps? Is the work sending spam/scam emails? If not, get reputable VPS and even though you have to pay a bit more, it'll last you longer.

Also, for sending emails, it's better not to use a VPS but a proper SMTP relay service.

• RUSSRUSS Member
    edited June 2023

@somik said:

@RUSS said:

@cybertech said:

For my work

For your work, you are using low end vps? Is the work sending spam/scam emails? If not, get reputable VPS and even though you have to pay a bit more, it'll last you longer.

Also, for sending emails, it's better not to use a VPS but a proper SMTP relay service.

Everyone not like you, everyone not buy new VM for sending spam mail, i only buy new VPS for my blog site, not for sending spam mail.

hope you understand.

• emghemgh Member

@somik said:

@RUSS said:

@cybertech said:

For my work

Idk, Hetzner is very cheap (starting at about €3 or something like that for 2 GB RAM and not ancient hardware, with a good network as well), and I run serious stuff on there.

Thanked by 1RUSS
  • somiksomik Member

@RUSS said:

@somik said:

@RUSS said:

@cybertech said:

For my work

Everyone not like you, everyone not buy new VM for sending spam mail, i only buy new VPS for my blog site, not for sending spam mail.

hope you understand.

Almost all blogs support SMTP relays or using gmail to send emails. Higher chance of your email actually reaching the intended user that way.

The most common purpose I see to use your own VPS's IP to send emails is when you want to send emails as multiple different users, normally used for spamming, but also has a few other uses, like for email hosting.

@emgh said:

@somik said:

@RUSS said:

@cybertech said:

For my work

Idk, Hetzner is very cheap (starting at about €3 or something like that for 2 GB RAM and not ancient hardware, with a good network as well), and I run serious stuff on there.

Hetzner is cheap, but isn't considered a low end provider cause they have the FULL range of services. Same with OVH. They suck at support, but are reputable providers.

Thanked by 1RUSS
  • kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@RUSS said:

Are the IPs blocked when you first provision the VPS?

• bikramabikrama Member
    edited June 2023

@somik said: For your work, you are using low end vps? Is the work sending spam/scam emails? If not, get reputable VPS and even though you have to pay a bit more, it'll last you longer.

Ok, so you are saying all Low-end VPS here are used for SCAM & SPAM?

@NDTN said: It seems most of these blacklist sites based on rDNS setup. You can request rDNS by pointing your domain to our VPS's IP then open a ticket with us. Our VPS are unmanaged so we do not have support for troubleshooting this "blacklist" issue. Btw, if you are planning to use our VPS for mass-mailing then you should look elsewhere.

That was a rude approach, if a newly provision Ip are in blacklist, It's the provider responsibility to give client new IP, if you don't want bulk mail in your network, you can block port 25, Instead of accusing client of spamming when he asked for clean IP.

Thanked by 1nithi2023
  • nithi2023nithi2023 Member
    edited June 2023

@NDTN said: Our VPS are unmanaged so we do not have support for troubleshooting this "blacklist" issue. Btw, if you are planning to use our VPS for mass-mailing then you should look elsewhere.

So, even your IP is blacklisted you don't care because you offer "unmanaged" service ? Thats rude.

Thanked by 1Plioser
  • somiksomik Member

@bikrama said:

@somik said: For your work, you are using low end vps? Is the work sending spam/scam emails? If not, get reputable VPS and even though you have to pay a bit more, it'll last you longer.

Ok, so you are saying all Low-end VPS here are used for SCAM & SPAM?

Sorry, let me clearify:
    If you are using a low end VPS for work, and that work involves sending emails, there is a moderate to high chance you are sending spam/scam emails.

Lowend vps are for personal use or idling or in cases where you do not care if they are up or down. They should definitely not be used to send out "work emails".

• bikramabikrama Member
    edited June 2023

@somik said: Sorry, let me clearify:If you are using a low end VPS for work, and that work involves sending emails, there is a moderate to high chance you are sending spam/scam emails.

Lowend vps are for personal use or idling or in cases where you do not care if they are up or down. They should definitely not be used to send out "work emails".

It is important to have a clean IP address for Website SEO/Rank as well. Blacklisted IP addresses can cause issues and negatively impact search engine optimization efforts. Additionally, when using a personal VPN for various online activities, having a clean IP address is must. Otherwise, many websites may block access and Google may subject you to infinite captchas during searches. It is the responsibility of the service provider to always provide clients with a clean IP address. If the provider wishes to prevent spam or email-related issues on their network, they can simply block Port 25 instead of accusing clients who request a clean IP without any Abuse. And if client break TOS they can suspend the client.

Thanked by 1RUSS
  • Just use another service for sending email. Amazon SES is almost FREE. My usage is under 500 emails per month and my last invoice was in July 2022.

There's no guarantee that you can get a clean ip on a vps for spamming because most rbls block the whole subnet.

• somiksomik Member

@bikrama said:

@somik said: Sorry, let me clearify:If you are using a low end VPS for work, and that work involves sending emails, there is a moderate to high chance you are sending spam/scam emails.

It is important to have a clean IP address for Website SEO/Rank as well. Blacklisted IP addresses can cause issues and negatively impact search engine optimization efforts. Additionally, when using a personal VPN for various online activities, having a clean IP address is must. Otherwise, many websites may block access and Google may subject you to infinite captchas during searches. It is the responsibility of the service provider to always provide clients with a clean IP address. If the provider wishes to prevent spam or email-related issues on their network, they can simply block Port 25 instead of accusing clients who request a clean IP without any Abuse. And if client break TOS they can suspend the client.

Right... I forgot about that. Good highlight.

Also, if the IP is blocked, the provider cannot do much about it as they still need to justify getting replacement IPs or pay to get more IPs. But I do agree with you that they should at least highlight that the IPs may be blacklisted.

As for blocking SMTP, there are a lot of people who were complaining on another host's offer thread that SMTP is their basic necessity for a server and they cannot live without it, even though it is stated clearly that the server they are getting have blocked outgoing emails...

• @bikrama said: It is important to have a clean IP address for Website SEO/Rank as well

Agree but 1 question. What do you expect from low-end stuff? Use it for business?

• RUSSRUSS Member

@bikrama said: That was a rude approach, if a newly provision Ip are in blacklist, It's the provider responsibility to give client new IP, if you don't want bulk mail in your network, you can block port 25, Instead of accusing client of spamming when he asked for clean IP.

they don't care, i already paid them for new ip.

• dusstdusst Member

looks like 99% of the people here don't like spam...
    while 110% of them are experts at bulk emailing and suspect everyone here in spam.